Do you get hassled by other drivers?

Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!
gas guzzler

Z3 roadster 2.8

Do you get hassled by other drivers?

Post by gas guzzler »

I've had sports cars most of my life and not had a problem before, but in the last couple of weeks since getting my Z3, other drivers seem to want to race me at traffic lights and I've been cut up a few times too (mind you thats normal behavior these days). I know BMW drivers have a bit of a bad name (oh yes they do :) ) but has anybody else had similar experience. It can't be because my car is a red sports car because my other car is red and a lot noisier. I let them do whatever because my days of boy racing have long gone, It must be the BMW badge :?

Andy
Andy

1999 Z3 2.8 RED, back with me
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Re: Do you get hassled by other drivers?

Post by Z3cade »

I've rarely been hassled while driving the M..

Drivers seem to leave me alone if I'm honest.
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

I've only had one incident where a young guy drove straight at me which I thought may end up as a head on collision.He appeared to be trying to impress the girl in the passenger seat. Apart from that people have been extremely courteous to the zed, I'm sure they weren't being courteous to me! We don't see our 1.9 as a sports car but more of a tourer, don't race,don't accelerate hard,don't drive fast, we just enjoy the drive. Old age kicking in,maybe, but driving the zed with the top down,even at a leisurely pace, is difficult to surpass as you will all know
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Don't really get much hastle in the Z3, the Z4 is quite different, mostly tailgating and have had a fair few aggressive drivers, usually messages via the hand and being cut up by the usual van drivers. To be honest it doesn't bother me anymore. Usually find its worse with the roof down :|

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

they get jealous of my car but once they see me and my mug-face :shock: .they go off fast and leave me alone :D
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Yep...what it is to be good looking...to the fairer sex... :twisted:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Daz3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Daz3 »

I get a lot of people tailgating really gets on me :roll:
RichP

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by RichP »

i find it to be a bit of a vandal-magnet. thankfully pretty low level stuff- some thick sticky chocolate goo baked onto most surfaces last summer, chewing gum stuck to the wing mirror a couple of times, the worst was the day after i had done a full polish i found scratched in footprints (full adult size shoe) across the bonnet, one on the roof, and one on the boot. angry would be an understatement - ready to kill. :head: :evil:

i presume it is unfounded envy (in all these occasions it was parked near a fiesta/focus/normal car that was probably worth 2-3x more than mine). or they presume because i have a nice car i deserve to be distressed?

*and breathe* *and relax*

rant over.
Image Image
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best
Jonco

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Jonco »

My wife does when driving alone - they don't like being overtaken by a woman in a sports car- mind you she does provoke it.

Have had V signs from other drivers - presumably City or Everton fans - as ours is red with the registration R4 RED ( not that I am a red). Never take it into Manchester or Liverpool for that reason - always use the other car.