What do you keep.......

Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

What do you keep.......

Post by Bonzo »

Hi all, just wondered what you all consider to be essential items in your boot, glove box, door pockets and cubbies of your Z. :)

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Re: What do you keep.......

Post by Badman gee »

Bonzo wrote:Hi all, just wondered what you all consider to be essential items in your boot, glove box, door pockets and cubbies of your Z. :)

Bonzo.
Chairs. Cleaning bucket with top products in it.

Rubber gloves.

Portable Hoover

Etc

The 'BEAST' 666
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Bath sheet / towel...incase I need to get under the car, and folded up it's a good cushion. Tow hook, anti-theft wheel nut tool, and a can of "TTyre-Weld". A foam rubber tube for the rear window fold for top down cruisin'. All in the boot.
Rear center storage:- OEM aerial for out of stubby range reception, digital tyre pressure guage (I don't trust the gas station guages), Box of tissues, canister of "Wet-Wipes" - lemon scented - Golf Cap for protection from the African sun, Microfibre cloth for general interior dash etc maintenance / dusting, coins in the coin box for the ubiquitous beggars at traffic lights, driving gloves in the glovebox for winter top down driving, sunglasses and case, in-car cam USB cable and cam, mini travel toothbrush and toothpaste...for after action mouth refreshment, Mini swiss army knife with basic manicure accessories...gotta clean fingernails after poking about in the engine etc. Mini leatherman tool in leather case, and a partridge in a Z3.... :D
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Tyre inflator (more for the frog, but it lives in the zed)
Extension cable for above
Tyre pressure gauge and tread depth gauge
First aid kit and small box of plasters (saves running into the house dripping blood)
Fire extinguisher
Spare headlight bulbs
Torch (for when I run out of headlight bulbs)
Deicer and lock-deicer
Scraper
Couple of cloths
Carrier bags (always come in handy)
Snow socks (in winter)
Waterproof jacket
Pen and notebook
Wedding ribbon (still in there from a friends wedding - over 10 years ago)

The frog also has a selection of goodies, including a jerry can, full set of imperial spanners plus a few other tools, rubber mallet (for the spinners, but also useful for tent pegs), foot pump (compressor takes too much juice), tow rope, jump leads, another fire extinguisher...

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

Southernboy wrote: lemon scented - Golf Cap
do these get sold outside Africa :D :shock: :shock: :D
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Lemon scented golf caps.... :roflmao: I'll have to introduce that to my golf club....I can just imagine the looks on the club captains face...he's a real macho type...heh heh...great idea!
This is what happens when you apply too much lemon scent to your golf cap...
Last edited by Southernboy on Tue 05 Mar, 2013 12:12, edited 1 time in total.
"Normal is overrated"

Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Oh and a pack of French letters :lol:

The 'BEAST' 666
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

...do you use them as "whether" baloons... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

(in my army days) condoms are great for water carriers, really ..its amazing the amount of water they can hold :D

in my boot I have . a small tool kit (don't know why I'm useless with them) a hammer is all I can use (Clarkson )
tyre inflater.. set it and go.. I can work that . cloths, more cloths .and spare bulbs and more cloths ......and a spray glass cleaner :D and even more cloths.......
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

two large Ikea bags, for the weekly food shopping trip. and thats it

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
gas guzzler

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gas guzzler »

Nothing, I bought a Z3 so I wouldn't have to carry my tools round anymore, mistake :?:

Andy
Andy

1999 Z3 2.8 RED, back with me
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Southernboy wrote:Bath sheet / towel...incase I need to get under the car, and folded up it's a good cushion. Tow hook, anti-theft wheel nut tool, and a can of "TTyre-Weld". A foam rubber tube for the rear window fold for top down cruisin'. All in the boot.
Rear center storage:- OEM aerial for out of stubby range reception, digital tyre pressure guage (I don't trust the gas station guages), Box of tissues, canister of "Wet-Wipes" - lemon scented - Golf Cap for protection from the African sun, Microfibre cloth for general interior dash etc maintenance / dusting, coins in the coin box for the ubiquitous beggars at traffic lights, driving gloves in the glovebox for winter top down driving, sunglasses and case, in-car cam USB cable and cam, mini travel toothbrush and toothpaste...for after action mouth refreshment, Mini swiss army knife with basic manicure accessories...gotta clean fingernails after poking about in the engine etc. Mini leatherman tool in leather case, and a partridge in a Z3.... :D

Love your sense of humour :D

In mine I have umberella, lippy, pair of gloves, a towel, spare jacket, 3 or 4 cloths for windows ect, small compact tyre inflator (never used but might one day) a few different cd's for which ever mood i might be in, like today ive had a challenging day at work so nipped home jumped in old zeddy, roof down and went for a brill drive along the coast road of morecambe bay and come back all refreshed :D
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Isn't it just so true...a top down drive does lift the spirits some. Blows the office webs away and relaxes mind, body and all the other stuff we accumulate through the day.... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fender2004 »

Southernboy wrote:Isn't it just so true...a top down drive does lift the spirits some. Blows the office webs away and relaxes mind, body and all the other stuff we accumulate through the day.... :wink:
I definitely second that :wave
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Nothing, I bought a Z3 so I wouldn't have to carry my tools round anymore, mistake

Andy

Must say, in 13 years, I've only ever used the wheel spanner, jack and anti-theft wheel nut thingy...and only to access the areas behind the wheel for changing break pads & discs.
"Normal is overrated"

dallantan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by dallantan »

nothing haha
Dallan |07712 415 619

OZ Breyton 3-Piece Splits (17x9 & 17x12), Rayvern Hydraulics, Custom Top Mounts, Bespoke Hubcentric Spacers, Strutbrace, Aero Wipers, Wind Deflector, PiperX Air Filter, Deleted Plate Recess, Deleted Front Badge, Smoothed Boot, Continental Fogs, All Red Rears, Cleaned Bulbs (all round), Stubby Aerial, Black Grills, Halo Projector Lights, Components Upgrade, Clifford 5104x Intellistart Alarm, Custom Boot Install.
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Hairdryer, clippers, styling brush, 2 pairs of scissors, a curling iron and a set of straighteners.

Oh and a nice little bag to keep it all in :)
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

I was wondering who would come up with a reply like that. Now I know!! :D

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

g8jka wrote:Hairdryer, clippers, styling brush, 2 pairs of scissors, a curling iron and a set of straighteners.

Face it there all hairdresser cars!

With the exception of the m :twisted:

The 'BEAST' 666
Olly2012

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Olly2012 »

This winter- a fleece blanket for my wife's legs, sweets, a beanie hat with a peak on it, gloves I can drive in, more sweets, a neck warmer, even more sweets, a couple of quid for parking, a map I never use, micro fibre cleaning cloths, empty sweet wrappers, umbrella, wind cheater - looking forward to emptying most of that (not the wife's legs though!) for the summer although I suspect I'll only manage to off load the empty sweet wrappers.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Badman gee wrote:
g8jka wrote:Hairdryer, clippers, styling brush, 2 pairs of scissors, a curling iron and a set of straighteners.

Face it there all hairdresser cars!

With the exception of the m :twisted:
Yes, that's a nail technician's car...

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
dallantan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by dallantan »

Zedonist wrote:Tied up gangster......

I laughed to myself when I read this!!
Dallan |07712 415 619

OZ Breyton 3-Piece Splits (17x9 & 17x12), Rayvern Hydraulics, Custom Top Mounts, Bespoke Hubcentric Spacers, Strutbrace, Aero Wipers, Wind Deflector, PiperX Air Filter, Deleted Plate Recess, Deleted Front Badge, Smoothed Boot, Continental Fogs, All Red Rears, Cleaned Bulbs (all round), Stubby Aerial, Black Grills, Halo Projector Lights, Components Upgrade, Clifford 5104x Intellistart Alarm, Custom Boot Install.