New York art

Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!
Gazza

M roadster S54

New York art

Post by Gazza »

These are fantastic

Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: New York art

Post by Southernboy »

Very talented artist..and great subject and composition...Great post Gary :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

New York art

Post by Brian H »

Agreed the level of detail is superb.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
RichP

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by RichP »

its HDR imaging. I played around with it a few years ago, its quite fun to do. Needs an SLR camera, take three identical photos with different exposure lengths then merge them together, the short exposures capture the details in the light areas, long in the dark, so when merged (in a program like photomatix) there is unbelievable detail. :nerd:

i've never done it to the Z, i'll have to dust off the camera and photomatix!

this was my attempt with my friends car a few years ago...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/richardpeel/2882557039/

nothing compared to these pics above though! (plus he could have washed his car!)
Image Image
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

The depth of field is quite extraordinary... super focus everywhere...is that part of the consequences of the different exposure times?
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
RichP

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by RichP »

The lens quality makes a big difference, plus probably a lot of computer wizardry, but having the camera set up like that will help a lot. A longer exposure time means a smaller aperture (if its exposing for ages the hole has to be small to prevent it just being over exposed). The main effect of a smaller aperture is a greater depth of field. (Photo geek :) )
Image Image
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best
RichP

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by RichP »

a little inspired, i found the old software and had a crack.

Might go and find some creative locations and have another go!

Image Image