Veho Muvi

Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!
Pierrick

Z3 roadster 1.9

Veho Muvi

Post by Pierrick »

Hi everyone... is any of you know this:

http://www.veho-world.com/main/shop.asp ... =CAMMUVIHD

They are very nice piece of kit, quite cheap and well rated on the internet, but i'd like to know if anyone got one here?? and what do you think about it?

I'm thinking about to buy that kind of kit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Veho-VCC-005- ... 2c5bb7daf5
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Veho Muvi

Post by Southernboy »

There are a few options of that type of kit...I bought an HD unit around a year ago, cost me £35.00. Has an SD card etc etc...and works perfectly. £200.00 seems a little OTT...but each to his own. The brand I bought is called a "SMARTCAM"...Comes with a sucker thing to stick to the dash / windscreen etc, and plugs into the cigarette lighter socket. I got it off eBay UK. Try googling "Smartcam"...you will find some very good write-ups on the various options available. It's a nice bit of kit if you want to make videos of your drives etc. Mine has a movement sensor, so can be used as a security addition in your car.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

I bought a Veho Muvi about 18 months ago and was quite dissapointed with it as it seemed to stutter on the frames, very annoying so only used it twice, basically it was rubbish. I bought a SmartCam recently which is much better

http://www.smartcamdirect.com/smartcam_camera.php

I think with these small cams you get what you pay for and I think you need to splash out a bit to get decent quality film. The main problem with the cheaper ones is the inability to cope with light contrast.

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Pierrick

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Pierrick »

ok! thanks for your advices. I`ll have a look at the smatr cam.

Tim, which one did you buy exaclty?? the very small one or the HD one? the HD seems to be ok...
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Pierrick wrote:ok! thanks for your advices. I`ll have a look at the smatr cam.

Tim, which one did you buy exaclty?? the very small one or the HD one? the HD seems to be ok...
Hi Pierrick, I bought the one I gave the link too above :)

Tim.
Pierrick

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Pierrick »

Ok, so as you say it is cheap... very cheap! And seems to do a good job.

But I want something i can take with me all the time. when riding my motorbike, mountain bike, i want a waterproof case for when i`m going fishing etc...

So the smart cam seems to be perfect to film in a car at all times but that`s it! It is not a "sports cam"!

Is anyone else has a sports cam or similar and is please with it? I may buy a smart cam for the car and something else for my other activities!!
Pierrick

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Pierrick »

TitanTim wrote:

Tim.
I was talking about the veho muvi... you said you bought one as well and was disappointed! but which one? there is the pro, the atom, the HD...
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Pierrick wrote:
TitanTim wrote:

Tim.
I was talking about the veho muvi... you said you bought one as well and was disappointed! but which one? there is the pro, the atom, the HD...
Apologies, I've just realised the Veho muvi I have is in fact 3 years old :shock: :oops: anyways this is a test video I shot back then and wasn't impressed with the cam, maybe the later ones are better now,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb4CYW_6RHQ

Tim.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

I have the old non-HD version of the Muvi. It was a cheap way of getting a very small camera that could be mounted on the front of the car. It worked reasonably well, but the microphone was poor and it suffered badly from distortion if the camera could move at all in relation to its subject - which is what happened when I mounted the camera behind me in the frog.

If I were buying another, I would definitely go HD, and I would start by looking at the GoPro Hero range. They are a bit more expensive than the others mentioned in this thread, but the picture quality is in a different league and there is a plethora of accessories for them including fully waterproof cases. Might have to treat myself one of these days...

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Pierrick

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Pierrick »

ok tim but it doesn't tell me which one it was!! anyway, on your video I think the quality is ok... when you look at the size of the camera! and the price!

I had a look at the gopro but they are much more expensive and bigger! The mini veho muvi (pro and atom) are very cheap and very tiny but they don't do HD and the battery last for only one hour, so, not good enough!

I'll keep looking but the veho seems to be the one which correspond to what i'm looking for...