Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!
Bananasport

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Bananasport »

Hi Everybody Have recently bought my first Z3 and its wonderful. I have a yellow 2.2 which has been resprayed. I have been searching for a yellow 2.8 for about three years but they never seem to come up so I will have to be content with my 2.2 It had a HK sound system and I have just upgraded it with a Focal amp & speakers (from Ebay)and it sounds so much better. Reading all the interesting articles on the Forum I am quite worried about getting stone chips which seems likely, so I am considering having the bonnet & wings wrapped although its a bit pricey. I seem to be continually buying bits and pieces for the Z Is this common? I noticed that there is an armrest which can be ordered from Southernboy and I would like to order a black leather one Hope you read this and let me know the procedure. I am in Norfolk and am looking forward to meeting up with other owners. :)
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: New member

Post by Gazza »

Welcome to the Forum ;)
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Hello and welcome from me too :D
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Welcome Bananasport from a fellow yellow Z3 owner. Also a 2.2, guess you're loving the lovely noise it makes. :lol:
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Welcome to the "Z"OO..... :wink:
PM sent.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

And it's a big welcome from me too!

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Bananasport

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Bananasport »

Hi All thanks for the welcome.hi Ragtop I am enjoying the sound perhaps a little too much as the tank is emptying quite fast with my heavy foot,love it. How many yellow 2.8s out there ? and are there many Alpinas? and what is their spec? Have ordered my armrest from Southernboy Thanks,will make a good Christmas present.
lebigmec

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by lebigmec »

Welcome to the forum! I'm in Norfolk too, where are you?
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Welcome Bananasport from another yellow fella, I cannot remember seeing a Dakar 2.8, I know there are 1.9s, 2.2s, 3.0s and 3.2s but 2.8s????

Was your car originally Dakar or did it get re sprayed this colour? Just being nosey :D
Woody1000

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Woody1000 »

Welcome from me too and I think buying bits and pieces is just part of owning a Zed ! I'm always on eBay looking for bits to buy !!
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

From this website

http://users.belgacom.net/bmw_z3/bmw_z3 ... ograms.htm

it looks as though the 2.8 was done in Dakar as a US-only limited edition - I've never seen a yellow 2.8 mentioned in the UK.
Bananasport

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Bananasport »

Hi Thanks for all the response and welcomes. Re Norfolk I live in Taverham Do we have any meets in the county? Re respray colour I think the yellow is still Dakar but is seems a little tender and is easily scratched I suppose the original factory finish is baked and hardened. Shame about the 2.8 in yellow if I had known they were only produced for the USA market would have been looking for a 3.0 in yellow Cant afford to run an M but I would like to. Really looking forward to a get together, a convoy of Zs must be a sight to behold. As I said before I just had an upgrade on the sound system but when the engine is running I have a strange ticking coming through Any Thoughts. I seem to remember in the dim & distant past something about fitting a suppressor Is this still done and where is it fitted?
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

The "ticking" could be caused by one of the injectors or ignition coils. Might be advisable to check for any earth leakage from those at their connectors. Use a can of electrical contact cleaner and give them all a good squirt / cleaning. Also the reciprocal connection points they fit to. Finally, check for any damp / oil in the spark plug "wells". If they are fouled you will need to get down the 6 plug slots and clean in there too. I have used a pack of smoking pipe cleaners and twisted 3 cleaners together at a time to clean down there. They absorb any oil or damp. Make sure the plugs are in position when you do the job though...don't want any muck falling into the cylinder head... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
mwpe

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mwpe »

[quote="Bananasport"]Hi Thanks for all the response and welcomes. Re Norfolk I live in Taverham Do we have any meets in the county? Re respray colour I think the yellow is still Dakar but is seems a little tender and is easily scratched I suppose the original factory finish is baked and hardened. Shame about the 2.8 in yellow if I had known they were only produced for the USA market would have been looking for a 3.0 in yellow Cant afford to run an M but I would like to. Really looking forward to a get together, a convoy of Zs must be a sight to behold. As I said before I just had an upgrade on the sound system but when the engine is running I have a strange ticking coming through Any Thoughts. I seem to remember in the dim & distant past something about fitting a suppressor Is this still done and where is it fitted?[/quote

Ref the convoy of Zeds, how about this :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k-aETCA ... tube_gdata
Bananasport

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Bananasport »

Hi Thanks for the youtube convoy reference Very impressive cant wait to join in. Re the suggestions for radio interference Thanks.I recently had a full diagnostic by Bosch and realised that they said I had a slight leak in the coils which may develop into a missfire so I spoke to him and he said this fault would give some interference. Said he could replace coils for around £30 half BM price even so £180 for 6 ugh It will have to wait
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Hi Bananasport, I'm in Aylsham, a stones throw away, we ought to meet up somewhere for a chinwag!

Bonzo.
Last edited by Bonzo on Sun 08 Dec, 2013 01:11, edited 1 time in total.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

The youtube convoy clip was in and around Midhurst West Sussex, near where I used to live and work before I retired and moved to Aylsham last August. :o

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by t-tony »

Just watched the Z3 convoy video on youtube and enjoyed it.Are there any Z3 owners around Lincoln? I see quite a few regularly on my way into work,it would good to get together locally if anyone is interesestd.Or do I have to go outside the area to meet other owners?
"Knowledge and experience are not always the same"
Bananasport

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Bananasport »

hi bonzo have been away.give me a ring[/ 01603 860831 and we can arrange a gettogether b]
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Bananasport, just picked up your post, will give you a ring after the hols. Merry Christmas and all the best for 2014 to you and yours.

Bonzo.