checking state of a numberplate vs write off etc

Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!
Stormy_be

Z3 roadster 2.8

checking state of a numberplate vs write off etc

Post by Stormy_be »

Hello,

Is there anyone who could check up on a car for me?
My brother is planning on buying this car from the UK, so I would like to check is it's not stolen, not an writeoff etc etc.
I know there is a site were this can be checked. And I know trader have a user with which they can check any plate without addition costs (for 1 time users is "pay-per-check").

Thanks, Koen
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: checking state of a numberplate vs write off etc

Post by BladeRunner919 »

You can check it on this site for about £4:

https://www.mycarcheck.com/
Stormy_be

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Stormy_be »

Thought so.
Dealer normally have a permanent account (so you don't pay any extra)....if there would be someone like that on this forum...............
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Stormy_be wrote:Thought so.
Dealer normally have a permanent account (so you don't pay any extra)....if there would be someone like that on this forum...............
They have a monthly allowance. My mate has 20 per month (and he uses them all).

You may get lucky if you can find a dealer who hasn't used their allowance at the end of the month, but 13th is too early to give a free check.

The guy he is buying from should do a basic check for free and a full check at cost price.
Pingu
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

If your brother won't pay £4 for a check, then he can't be that serious about buying the car.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

I would have thought it was worth registering and paying for the simple reason that they provide a guarantee over the information the provide with the following little caveat:
mycarcheck.com wrote:The guarantee is personal to the enquirer and is not transferable
So if someone does it on your behalf, the guarantee applies to them rather than you, so if the information they provide later turns out to be wrong, you will not be liable for any compensation.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc