So long Z4 hello M135i

Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

So long Z4 hello M135i

Post by TitanTim »

Hi all,

Sad day today to let the Zed go so was out early for a last drive before collecting the new motor at 10am, just a shame it rained so was unable to get the roof down :( Will miss the Z4 a motor with lots of plusses and the odd minuses.

And so onto the M135i and a completely different car, looks are marmite but I like it, the engine is a creamy peach and the ride on the adaptive suspension sublime and very comfortable. Car is fitted with Michelin Pilot Super Sports which seem very sticky and completely different to the runflats I've had on the last few BMWs. This is the first F Series car I've owned and amazed with the techy stuff in the iDrive etc.

As for performance have taken it easy today but the exhaust has some lovely crackles and pops on the overrun but trying to keep revs below 4500 :?

Z3 is booked up for a new hood in Burgundy next month, can't wait for refreshed look :P

Cheers.

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: So long Z4 hello M135i

Post by ('_')Z3 »

A lovely looking car Tim, you must be itching to open her up :D my neighbour has a white one, I was only speaking to him about it yesterday as he's just added some 'piggy back' module from USA to take it past 380bhp and also added a sports exhaust that sounds amazing!!! Enjoy
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

The looks are growing on me on these. Would really like one - very very quick!
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Yep they are very quick, I've had a few "tussles" with them over the past year which has been fun. What they lack in outright speed they seem to make up for in agility and it's not easy to shake one off even in a much faster (but much larger) car.

I'll argue all day long that a small fast car is much more fun on British B roads than any super car, enjoy but don't look after it too well for the next owner Tim :twisted:

Ps they do seem to always be driven by 20 year olds who like to race though.
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Thanks guys, taking easy at the mo but so far very impressed with this car,

what was that you said Jon,

Engine bay detailed, feeling much better now!! :)

:)

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport