Roll Hoops Poll

Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!

Leave them chrome or paint them satin black?

Chrome
54%
Satin Black
46%

Total votes: 13

Inferno

Z3 roadster 1.8

Roll Hoops Poll

Post by Inferno »

i was always thinking doing this, but i could never find another car already done it, so i didn't had a reference.

now i did so here is some pics

what do you think? leave them chrome or paint them satin black?
i really don't know, i like both the same!

BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Roll Hoops Poll

Post by BladeRunner919 »

If you paint them with Plasti Dip you can just peel it off if you don't like it.
Inferno

Z3 roadster 1.8

Post by Inferno »

BladeRunner919 wrote:If you paint them with Plasti Dip you can just peel it off if you don't like it.
nice tip thank's!
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I like the Black
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Chrome is more US and black more European :D
Mugs

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Mugs »

not having a dig or anything but if you want black, why not just fit original black hoops? just seems a shame to paint them black when you sell them to someone who wants chrome ones and fit originals.
Inferno

Z3 roadster 1.8

Post by Inferno »

Mugs wrote:not having a dig or anything but if you want black, why not just fit original black hoops? just seems a shame to paint them black when you sell them to someone who wants chrome ones and fit originals.
Original Z3 hoops are by far the best looking hoops in any car i have ever seen. However they are very expensive, i also need the rear plastics, and the hoops fitting kit which btw cannot install to my car because it's an early 1996, and the chassis was not designed for it.

"If your BMW Z3 does not have rollhoops it may be possible to retrofit them into your vehicle. BMW has an upgrade kit, but it can only be used on Z3s built on or after 1/97. Specifically 1.9 VIN LB83105 and later; 2.8 VIN LC01377 and later. No earlier production will work (and remember — some “1997” cars were actually built in 1996)."

-http://mz3.net/retrofitting-bmw-roll-hoops.html
Mugs

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Mugs »

Inferno wrote:
Mugs wrote:not having a dig or anything but if you want black, why not just fit original black hoops? just seems a shame to paint them black when you sell them to someone who wants chrome ones and fit originals.
Original Z3 hoops are by far the best looking hoops in any car i have ever seen. However they are very expensive, i also need the rear plastics, and the hoops fitting kit which btw cannot install to my car because it's an early 1996, and the chassis was not designed for it.

"If your BMW Z3 does not have rollhoops it may be possible to retrofit them into your vehicle. BMW has an upgrade kit, but it can only be used on Z3s built on or after 1/97. Specifically 1.9 VIN LB83105 and later; 2.8 VIN LC01377 and later. No earlier production will work (and remember — some “1997” cars were actually built in 1996)."

-http://mz3.net/retrofitting-bmw-roll-hoops.html
ah, now i see.
as i said, i wasn't having a dig, just thinking it may have been an easier option..........go for satin black then :wink:
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Inferno wrote:Original Z3 hoops are by far the best looking hoops in any car i have ever seen.
I prefer AC Schnitzer hoops.