VW DSG Auto Gearbox problem anyone help?

Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

VW DSG Auto Gearbox problem anyone help?

Post by Warrior »

Daughters car, 2012 VW Polo bought from a main dealer a year ago.

Do you know anybody who's VW connected and can give some advice re the following?

7 gears, tiptronic and sports options. In both it's fine. When belting along at 40mph plus it's fine, but in standard automatic mode when for instance, your approaching a roundabout. slow down, look right to see that you can safely proceed there's a time lapse, a very slight vacuum. It's the 25-35mph zone that's used round town and when I first thought it was my daughter having little driving experience and none with an autobox (her insistence :rtm: ) that was the problem having used the car myself for the day it really does take the enjoyment away. It ain't right.

Been into main dealer for software adjustment, been looked at by relative (qualified and highly experienced mechanic) who reset back to factory settings. Both seemed to marginally improve the feel but haven't cured the problem.

I'm hoping that somebody might know a friend or associate that can give a definitive answer as to whether this is acceptable, fixable or just how it is. On the motoring forums where scorn is heaped on the DSG box the year of manufacture does seem to make a difference but even that's not definitive.
stevov

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: VW DSG Auto Gearbox problem anyone help?

Post by stevov »

Was the oil and filter changed
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

They seem to be very sensitive to oil/filter changes. My Audi owners manual talks about the necessity of a DSG oil/filter change every 38,000 miles :shock:
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

Thanks. I don't think so. But cars only done 12,000 miles.

Purchased from a London main dealer who'd first sold the car to a local lady. The suggestion being that the car had been used in traffic and that the gearbox learns the driving style and makes software adjustments accordingly. Was told it could take 4,000 miles to catch up with new owners style hence gearing adjustment.

Will get the oil looked at and report back...