burmagirl's new zed

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
burmagirl
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 3.0i

burmagirl's new zed

Post by burmagirl »

not that clear, really - the sun obligingly came out after I'd cleaned it but most of the drive was in shadow & in the full sun is a bit bright. Still, you can see what she looks like now I've cleaned her.

Was going to waterproof the hood but I ran out of energy!

burmagirl
Attachments
z77.JPG
z77.JPG (132.81 KiB) Viewed 5707 times
z78.JPG
z78.JPG (121.57 KiB) Viewed 5707 times
z79.JPG
z79.JPG (117.68 KiB) Viewed 5707 times
z85.JPG
z85.JPG (117.14 KiB) Viewed 5707 times
icarus

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by icarus »

Its a real peach !!

QUIA CUSTODIET CUSTODES IPSOS?
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

She looks fabulous Burmagirl :D

Cheers P :wink:
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Looks beautiful. Love the alloys.

Wish you the very best of luck and many miles of happy zedding.
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

WHIT WILL !! :wink: :wink:

Gazza.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Phoenix Nights

Not specified

Post by Phoenix Nights »

Looks the absolute bizz! Congrats!
calbens

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by calbens »

Oxford_gruen_II wrote:Looks beautiful. Love the alloys.

Wish you the very best of luck and many miles of happy zedding.
I'm with OGII on this, it's very nice.
Love those wheels :mrgreen:
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

Another lovely Zed! Congrats!
smartypants

Other roadster

Post by smartypants »

Love it! The rims are lovely......... but i wouldnt want to be the one cleaning them :D
Boysie

M roadster S50

Post by Boysie »

What a shine

Great wheels

I feel having a silver car
it just never looks that good

ray
Ray

S50 ///M Roadster, Arctic Silver, Imola Red/Black interior
1970 Austin Healey Sprite, Original ' Now Sold :-(
2002 Harley 1130cc V Rod Custom

Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Tasty!

Very very tasty!

Nice car burmagirl, I think you made a very good choice there!

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
burmagirl
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by burmagirl »

Thanks very much, everyone, I'm really pleased. I did feel Zara never came up as shiny, I must say - however hard I tried. At the same time I do like the silver & I felt dreadful about trading her in - I only hope someone will buy her who looks after her.

The wheels weren't as bad to clean as I expected, actually - I don't think I'd want anything more complex though! I wonder if they had been refurbished; they are virtually immaculate, just a couple of very tiny marks on a couple, & the others don't seem to be marked at all.

I tried to get pics of the interior too but it was just too bright outside, I'll have a go another time.

burmagirl
burmagirl
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by burmagirl »

PS I meant to say Smarty, I thoguht how nice YOUR wheels looked, lol - I didn't realised mine were in such condition until I cleaned them.

She does look as though she's been looked after, which I'm pleased about - I just wonder why anyone put such c**p tyres on her. But would I have known, if I hadn't been a member of the forum?

burmagirl
smartypants

Other roadster

Post by smartypants »

burmagirl wrote:PS I meant to say Smarty, I thoguht how nice YOUR wheels looked, lol - I didn't realised mine were in such condition until I cleaned them.

She does look as though she's been looked after, which I'm pleased about - I just wonder why anyone put such c**p tyres on her. But would I have known, if I hadn't been a member of the forum?

burmagirl
Ta - yours are very similar to mine, but with the "rivets" - and i know mine without them are a right pain to clean! But the secret is to keep them clean regularly.. and then its not so bad.

That blue is just a great colour when spotless, which will make you want to clean it more :)
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

smartypants wrote:yours are very similar to mine, but with the "rivets"
Looking here they would appear to both be cross spoke - style 42, with burmagirl's being the riveted two-piece (or "bolted" as the site says) variant. :nerd:

Looks like you'd need a brush to clean them, but they certainly aren't as bad as the ones my dad had a while back - they were similar to style 17 - and they were utter bar stewards to clean! :head:

Cheers R.
Freezed

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Freezed »

Great looking car Burmagirl :D

Does she drive as good as she looks :?:
burmagirl
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by burmagirl »

I did them with the sponge, & then with that horrid bottle brush thing that, by itself, never gets any grease off. It worked well though for going round the join between the outer rim & the inner bit (technical terms, lol!).

Does anyone ever use the wax for alloys? If so, does it actually keep the wheels clean?

burmagirl
smartypants

Other roadster

Post by smartypants »

burmagirl wrote:I did them with the sponge, & then with that horrid bottle brush thing that, by itself, never gets any grease off. It worked well though for going round the join between the outer rim & the inner bit (technical terms, lol!).

Does anyone ever use the wax for alloys? If so, does it actually keep the wheels clean?

burmagirl
I've used normal car wax yes on wheels, and works a treat. I also use (heaven forbid!) Wonder Wheels once or twice a year when I take the wheels off to clean them thoroughly inside and out... necessary evil on caked on brake dust, but wouldnt recommend regular use as I have heard its not too kind on the lacquer
smartypants

Other roadster

Post by smartypants »

Robert T wrote:
smartypants wrote:yours are very similar to mine, but with the "rivets"
Looking here they would appear to both be cross spoke - style 42, with burmagirl's being the riveted two-piece (or "bolted" as the site says) variant. :nerd:

Looks like you'd need a brush to clean them, but they certainly aren't as bad as the ones my dad had a while back - they were similar to style 17 - and they were utter bar stewards to clean! :head:
Cheers R.
Yeah, they are the ones.

I used to work in a hand car wash when I was 14/15 and some of the wheels that came through were a real nightmare - style 17 as you say was my one nemisis!!! Hated them, on a cold, wet and windy day to earn my £15 :(
Jon Miller
Z Register member

BMW other

Post by Jon Miller »

Looks great. :mrgreen: Did you decide to keep the Blue seats or are you swapping the others at a later date?

Cheers
Jon
burmagirl
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by burmagirl »

They do look like style 42 Robert - the site wouldn't give me larger pics or information though, & until I shut it down, I couldn't even repost on here!

Smarty - take the wheels off & clean them - OMG! There's dedication for you!

burmagirl
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Well I won't ruin your thread by putting pictures in it, but here are some links directly to the larger images: style 42, style 42 - bolted.

I should warn you that Firefox has in the past put up a warning banner to say that it has supressed popups from that site. I think this is more to do with the fact that it is hosted on AngelFire rather than the site itself.

Cheers R.
burmagirl
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by burmagirl »

yes I think that's definitely them, Robert - except that mine are round, ha ha ha!!

Jon - I do want to change the seats for sports seats, yes, so I need to find out what the connectors are like & if I can get them. I have given up on the idea of swapping back the black interior - I've got used to the blue seats now & I admit to liking the blue chrome flash on the door cards.

best pic I got of the interior is attached here - you can see the chrome door card flashes. I'd never seen them before. It also has a chromey steering wheel & the chrome console centre.

burmagirl
Attachments
z75_interior.JPG
z75_interior.JPG (105.89 KiB) Viewed 5590 times
Jon Miller
Z Register member

BMW other

Post by Jon Miller »

Nice interior, very similar to my last Zed, that had the blue dash and steering wheel as well.

Do you have a blue or black soft top?

You should be able to find blue sports seats but it may take a while, on the plus side they won't be as popular as the black ones so will be cheaper. Keep an eye on Ebay.
burmagirl
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by burmagirl »

black hard top, Jon.

I think my preference would be for the blue/black seats. I've been in contact with someone selling blue/black seats; his are Estoril Blue & black, & not having seen any in the flesh, I don't know if they would look OK - although I visualise them as the same sort of blue, just paler - which I wouldn't mind at all.

Having put the chrome gills on the previous car (which had what I believe to be the standard chromeline interior) & receiving the chrome door handles for Xmas, just before I decided to sell, it sounds silly to say that initially I wasn't at all sure about the amount of chrome on this one. But it is growing on me (!) - although I thought I would either take off the chrome windscreen surround or find out the price of a new one (horrendous, I suspect) as the existing one is quite corroded in a few places.

burmagirl
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

The finish on the centre console and the doors in not gloss though is it? Is it a brushed finish or even aluminium? If it had been shiny chrome, I think it would have been way OTT. It actually does a nice job of lifting the interior - mine is all black, which is why I chose the terracotta seats - they may it much lighter/brighter inside.

A complete new windscreen surround looks to be just under £100 from a $tealer. It is sold in three pieces, so you could replace the left, the right or the centre clip on their own to save some money.

I'm in the process of replacing a few bits on mine to bring them back up to standard. The lettering on gill badges has started to peel. I've replaced one, and I have the other ready to go on the car. Just waiting for a warmer day to do it -as the gills are a bit fiddly to get off!

Cheers R.
burmagirl
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by burmagirl »

That's quite a bit cheaper than I expected, Robert - might give Elms a call & get a price for it/them, then.

No, the console panel, the door panels & the finish on the steering wheel are all like a brushed aluminium & it does look quite subtle. I think.

I had them swap the chrome door sills over; I was amazed this car didn't have any, with all the chromey bits it had!

burmagirl
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

You mean the "Roadster" logoed strips along the door sills? I don't know which cars got them and which didn't, but that is one of the little details that I love about my zed - it's like a little "welcome" mat! There are a couple of other versions - ///M and Individual - I think. Cheers R.
burmagirl
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by burmagirl »

yes, me too! I think the chrome sills show up as relevant parts for the new zed on the RealOEM parts catalogue.

burmagirl
icarus

Z3 roadster 1.9

Z key fob

Post by icarus »

Robert T wrote:mine is all black, which is why I chose the terracotta seats - they may it much lighter/brighter inside.
Mine is all black that's why I liked John's Z Key Fob. "I want one"

icarus

QUIA CUSTODIET CUSTODES IPSOS?
shabsbmw

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by shabsbmw »

Nice car Burmagirl......good choice.......... :wink: :wink:
Magnetic force
Devon Z
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Devon Z »

When I saw the Topaz Blue car in the 1999 brochure I said to the sales man I want that car (up to that point I'd ordered Met Black/tanin red) so some extra box's got ticked ££££!!!!!!. The one thing I did'nt get was the blue/silver steering wheel as BMW said they had trouble with the airbag so they did'nt turn up till 2000 build (still trying to find one).
Here's mine
Attachments
BMW Z3 27.07.05 004.jpg
BMW Z3 27.07.05 004.jpg (99.46 KiB) Viewed 5515 times
BMW Z3 27.07.05 005.jpg
BMW Z3 27.07.05 005.jpg (91.7 KiB) Viewed 5516 times
99 2.0 Topaz Individual
burmagirl
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by burmagirl »

It looks lovely, Steve. I think you're right - with the extended interior, you do need to have the steering wheel with the blue on it.

I do like your sports seats!

burmagirl
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Steve E wrote:When I saw the Topaz Blue car in the 1999 brochure I said to the sales man I want that car (up to that point I'd ordered Met Black/tanin red) so some extra box's got ticked ££££!!!!!!. The one thing I did'nt get was the blue/silver steering wheel as BMW said they had trouble with the airbag so they did'nt turn up till 2000 build (still trying to find one).
Here's mine
Beautiful interior. :P
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
muppet

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by muppet »

shiney car Burmagirl.........Muppet like shiney things :D
I have been diagnosed with ADHOTS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh That's Shiney
Karma71

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Karma71 »

Someone has been busy with the old elbow grease! Fantastic shine.
Wish I had a drive to keep mine on.
K.
ImageImageImage
burmagirl
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by burmagirl »

Mine was full of bits of greenhouse this afternoon - & tiles off the roof. I was looking out of the window & I saw a fence panel fly past, above the hedge!

burmagirl
The Librarian

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by The Librarian »

I do like that colour. And it looks mirror-finish too, lots of elbow grease?