My precious toy

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Austin Powers wrote:Titan, that little black object is a mic from the Becker radio unit - connected via BT gsm - you get a handsfree mobile phone. ;)
BW
Austin
I ran mine around the windscreen to sit besite the rear view mirror, no wires showing and no noise distortion /picks up your voice very well :wink:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

Jonttt wrote:
Austin Powers wrote:Titan, that little black object is a mic from the Becker radio unit - connected via BT gsm - you get a handsfree mobile phone. ;)
BW
Austin
I ran mine around the windscreen to sit besite the rear view mirror, no wires showing and no noise distortion /picks up your voice very well :wink:
Was the cable long enough?
Interesting place to put the mic. :D
BW
Austin
CollyB

Z4 roadster 2.2i

Post by CollyB »

Hvala za pohvalo! zelimo voziti tam eno leto, morda v Zed. vaš Zed je omamljanje, morate imeti zelo zabavno z njim tam.

Ciao, laku noc

Colly
Desiro

M roadster S50

Post by Desiro »

Great photos Austin I particularly like the silver paint and red roof its one of the best combos I have seen.

The pics inside the car with shallow depth of field look fantastic, makes me realise how much I miss my SLR :(

I had a little jaunt through Slovenia a couple of years ago:-
Maribor
Bled
Bohinj
Kranjska gora
Piran
Ljubjiana
I was there only a week but I saw so much it seemed like 2 weeks.
I would like to visit again next year but I have stong oposition from my friend who want to visit the Italian lakes.

It takes about 5 minutes to get used to driving on the wrong side of the road with steering wheel on the wrong side too, so dont let that put you off visiting London.

Just joined the face book group see you on there :)
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

CollyB wrote:Hvala za pohvalo! zelimo voziti tam eno leto, morda v Zed. vaš Zed je omamljanje, morate imeti zelo zabavno z njim tam.

Ciao, laku noc

Colly
Le pridite. Dolomiti s prelazi so zelo blizu in po mojem mnenju so to najlepši kraji za vožnjo z roadsterjem. :)
LP
Austin
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

Desiro wrote:Great photos Austin I particularly like the silver paint and red roof its one of the best combos I have seen.

The pics inside the car with shallow depth of field look fantastic, makes me realise how much I miss my SLR :(

I had a little jaunt through Slovenia a couple of years ago:-
Maribor
Bled
Bohinj
Kranjska gora
Piran
Ljubjiana
I was there only a week but I saw so much it seemed like 2 weeks.
I would like to visit again next year but I have stong oposition from my friend who want to visit the Italian lakes.

It takes about 5 minutes to get used to driving on the wrong side of the road with steering wheel on the wrong side too, so dont let that put you off visiting London.

Just joined the face book group see you on there :)
Desiro: allthough I like my country, I must say I agree with your friend.
But I don't think the italian lakes are the best option if you intend to enjoy driving during holliday. The italian lakes are crowded like hell...
Please, scroll down on this page: http://www.ge39.com/vt2009.htm - and you will find this year route of our VT2009. I strongly suggest all three routes. Epic roads. Gallery: http://www.ge39.com/galerije/vt2009/vt2009/index.html
If you change your mind and do come to Slovenia, let me know and I will gladly guide you a day or two. Over proper roads and to the proper eating destinations. :D
BW
Austin

Facebook? :D Yes I am in the Z3 group. Click me. :lol: :wink:
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Austin Powers wrote:
Jonttt wrote:
BW
Austin
Was the cable long enough?
Interesting place to put the mic. :D
BW
Austin
Yep plenty long enough (I have the cascade headunit but I assume the microphone units are the same for all models). The handbook actually recommends placement next to the rear view mirror. You just run the cable under the steering wheel and under the window trim. There is already wiring in there on mine so clipped into the same wiring clips under the trim, looks really neat and picks up your voice better even with roof down :wink:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

U, thanks for the tip. :)
I am planning on upgrading my model to the Cascade also, and when the new unit is in the house I will probably listen to your advice and put the mic where apparently should be. :D
Thanks a million.
BW
Austin
Desiro

M roadster S50

Post by Desiro »

Thanks Austin
Will check out your links and try to talk her out of the lakes, we both want different things out of the holiday so I may have to compromise.
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

Desiro wrote:Thanks Austin
Will check out your links and try to talk her out of the lakes, we both want different things out of the holiday so I may have to compromise.
Don't get me wrong. Italian lakes are fab, but not for petrolheads or pure joy in driving. The real fun starts higher in the mountains. Preferably in may or september if you want the roads to be emtpy. The tour on the posted links was performed over summer and we were quite lucky to attack the passes in the late afternoon or early in the morning. During the day it is tourism, tourism, tourism. Mountainbikes, motorcycles, caravans, RV's,...
If I am not mistaken, the great Z meeting is taking place next summer in Switzerland again. Try that. I will.
:D At least for a day.
BW
Austin
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

whiteminks wrote:
Austin Powers wrote:
whiteminks wrote:Hi Austin,

I love the third one. They seem to be nuzzling each other and sussing each other out like 2 horses meeting for the first time. :wink:

My Toadster is pretty similar but he has black seats.
Oh, the legend of the zroadster forum, hello hello. How is everything? :wink:
Hope everything is well. It's good to be back in good company. :lol:
BW,
Austin
Hi Austin, all good my end. :wink: Still in love with the zeds! :D
I wish I could take just one piccy as good as yours though. :wink:
I'm in London from 18-21 of November. So, if anyone fancies a drink, PM me. :D
I'm visiting a friend who's helped developing the new congestion charge system in London - which nobody likes from the first day... :D
BW
Austin
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Austin Powers wrote: I'm in London from 18-21 of November. So, if anyone fancies a drink, PM me. :D
I'm visiting a friend who's helped developing the new congestion charge system in London - which nobody likes from the first day... :D
Sorry Austin - can't make it :bawl:
How many drinks does it take to get the system corrupted :devil:
Image :devil:
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

Titan wrote:
Austin Powers wrote: I'm in London from 18-21 of November. So, if anyone fancies a drink, PM me. :D
Sorry Austin - can't make it :bawl:
How many drinks does it take to get the system corrupted :devil:
Question forwarded. Will post reply. :D
BW
Austin
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

London was fantastic!!! :D
The answer to the question: to many. :D
BW
Austin
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

Hi Austin, dobar dan,

London? Try Amsterdam!
Here they are talking about charging us for using the motorways, little black box GPS thing in the car.
Slovenia stopped the toll booths on the motorways, do we all live in the same European Community?
Obviously not, as we are still smoking in the Pub, as an example!
I hate the Euro and some one should nuke Brussels, oh, hang on, to close to where I live!!!
Anyway, Dutch Government has just imploded, so we will have to wait and see what happens, not that I am aloud to vote, as I have a British Passport, and there is me thinking that I was European!
Ok, rant over.
Love the photos, the ones taken near the port (Luka) not Koper I think?
Your friends Z has a Ljubljana registration plate.

Cheers, HT.
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

Hard Top wrote:Hi Austin,

Just clocked your location.
Would just like to say that Slovenia is absolutely Z country.
I have been traveling between Amsterdam and Koper for business for the last four years.
I love driving down the A1 and always marvel at the Crni Kal Viaduct, what is it, about 100 meters high?
Up here in the north we are still complaining about a few cm's of snow, I have driven on the A1 in proper snow.
It is one of your Countryman's fault that I got the Z bug as my good friend Ales takes me out in his Z and we do the tourist trips, Izola, Portoroz, Piran, Postojna Caves.
Love the Country, the people, the food, Lasko pivo (not so keen on Union pivo or vino Koper)

HT
Hehe.
Yes, Slovenia is roadster friendly. :) (If you keep your speed a little over the limit and enjoy the views).
I hope you don't practice Amsterdam-Koper on weekly basis. :S
Yes, Crni Kal viaduct is allmost 100 m tall.
http://sl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viadukt_%C4%8Crni_Kal
Allthough, I would recommend taking B road from or to Slovenia coast. Empty roads, beware of police radars right after the villages though - especially in summer (motorcycle hunt), views, freedom. Many very interesting eating deatinations in between. Also, highly recommended - Kras area. That is about 30 minute drive from the coast and my personal favorite place for driving/roadstering and eating. :) Tell your friend Ales to take you on a round tour over Kras! It's a must! :) Call me, I'll be glad to come along! :)
Yes, snow is allways a problem for our road service. Somehow, it allways "surprise" them. :)
But we are used to it. Even without a quattro. :D
As far as the beer goes - well, for me, it's Guinness or Heineken. Lasko vs. Union is a national thingie. I prefer Union. :P
Vino Koper is to huge to produce extra quality. As said, tell your friend Ales to take you on a tour over Kras, or, if you are a wine person, Goriska Brda - Kristancic, Klinec, etc are the names that will blow your mouth with pure wine pleasure.
Hope to meet you one day! :)
Best wishes,
Austin
Hard Top wrote:Hi Austin,

Another thing I like about Slovenia is the humor.
I remember when the new tunnel at Ljubljana was opened and shortly after part of the ceiling came down on a (should not laugh) German registration car. (Very slight damage)
Turned out a British company was responsible for the roof construction.
One of your news papers said that they had found the company responsible and posted a photo of Rodney and Delboy. priceless!!
I sent Ales a mail this week with a link to this forum so I am hoping he joins.
Back on the Vino thing, I have sampled excellent wine from Batic (spelling?) which region is this from?
Back on the Pivo thing, I agree on the Guinness, Heineken is ok but prefer Becks and in Holland I drink "Hertog Jan" (translated, Duke Jan)
Might one day take a trip down your way with the Z.
Have done it twice with a colleague in a Volvo XC90, took us approx. 14 hours.

Have a good weekend,

HT.
Batic (pronounced: batich) is an excellent choice.
It's from gorica region (town Nova Gorica is just few kilometers away).
http://www.batic.si/eng/
It's on the border of Kras region - at the end of Vipavska dolina (Vipava valley). Where the beautifull roads start/are... :D
This region has plenty, so called, wineroads, which offer plenty wine cellars, vineyards, touristfarms (domestic food and wine), and so on. So, lot's of wine tasting/eating/sleeping possible. Don't drink and drive though. :)
Hard Top wrote:Hi Austin, dobar dan,

London? Try Amsterdam!
Here they are talking about charging us for using the motorways, little black box GPS thing in the car.
Slovenia stopped the toll booths on the motorways, do we all live in the same European Community?
Obviously not, as we are still smoking in the Pub, as an example!
I hate the Euro and some one should nuke Brussels, oh, hang on, to close to where I live!!!
Anyway, Dutch Government has just imploded, so we will have to wait and see what happens, not that I am aloud to vote, as I have a British Passport, and there is me thinking that I was European!
Ok, rant over.
Love the photos, the ones taken near the port (Luka) not Koper I think?
Your friends Z has a Ljubljana registration plate.

Cheers, HT.
Amsterdam/Holland still awaits us. I would like to take my whole family on a roadtrip with RV to Holland - when the tulips blossom. :) But since we have a newborn in family, this will have to wait for a year.
I love London! :)

Don't be fooled though - the same thingie - GPS boxes for using motorways will be used in a few years time in Slovenia also.
The toll boots really were removed a few years ago - when the vinjete system took place (not all). I still think the vinjete is the best solution, even though it's not fair for those who use our roads only a week or two.
It's similar concept as in Austria. Motorways - vinjete, tunnels - toll.

Yes, I question myself the same question many times (Do we live in the same EU?), especially when it comes to sallaries and taxes to be paid. Taxes in Slovenia are pretty high - in year 2007, according to Forbes, the most taxed country: http://www.forbes.com/2007/05/03/forbes ... peed=25000 .

Life expenses are almost european, where's on the other hand - the sallaries are not. And this is a huge problem. Average sallary is about a 1000€/month (netto).
When you look at the brutto figures (for a 1k€ netto), that means about 1570€ brutto for employer... (GDP in 2009 was arround 29.500 USD).

It is sad, that our government (no matter whether left or right - exchanging every 4 years) only applies EU laws/directions as suits them best momentarily ("smoking law" - you mentioned it allready).

This could turn into long debate, I could go on for hours, best in a pub over a pint or two. :)

Yes, the photos on the old peer were taken less then a mile away from Luka Koper - in a small town Ankaran, where a friend of mine owns a weekend flat. The shots were taken early in the morning, after a long sleepless night (poker, talking, drinking). :) Boys night out. :D
And yes, you're right - the plates on the silver twin are from LJubljana region.
I live 25 km NW from LJubljana, so I should have KRanj plates, but mine are personalized plates - and so I can have any region in front. I have chosen GOrica.

Take care! ;)

Austin
Last edited by Austin Powers on Mon 22 Feb, 2010 19:43, edited 2 times in total.
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Koper

Post by Hard Top »

This is the hotel where I always stay when I am in Koper (this is my review on Tripadvisor)
The Azzuro bar mentioned is where I met most of my Slovenian friends, Ales of course, and the owner Zoran, who is a fantastic person who opens the bar specially on a Sunday, as his clientele are mostly office workers and go there during the week, so that I can watch F1 and football while having a Pivo.
Also had some good nights there when a whole roasted pig arrives complete with the Butcher who does the carving!!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRevi ... RATES_CONT

Keep driving on the right.

HT
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

End Game

Post by Hard Top »

hope you don't practice Amsterdam-Koper on weekly basis. :S
Sometimes twice in one week!!

Hi Austin,

Well (business) trips to Slovenia no longer on the cards, as the company in the Check Republic that we were dealing with will not extend contracts, as they see the company that I work for as competition, due to the factory in China.
Will probably be looking for a new job, as I do not want to go to China (been there, done it, got the fish head soup)

Plenty of air miles with Adria Airways though, so always good for a holiday or two.

HT
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

Here is what I have been up to in the past week... 8-)
Enjoy! I have. :)
http://www.ge39.com/galerije/vt2010/vt2 ... 0_011.html
BW
Austin
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

That looks like it must have been one hell of a good week on the road.
Fantastic photos.

HT
HT

Titan's apprentice. :D
Titan wrote:Occupations ?
Official Devil's Advocate :devil:
Leg Puller
Micky Taker
http://www.lde.nu/index.htm
eame64

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by eame64 »

Fantastic photos, thanks for sharing them.
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

Hard Top wrote:That looks like it must have been one hell of a good week on the road.
Fantastic photos.

HT
It has been an epic roadtrip! :)
3000 km in 7 days.
BW
Austin
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

eame64 wrote:Fantastic photos, thanks for sharing them.
Well, less than half are mine, but anyway, thanks! :)
Here is the roadmap (it's in slovene, but I'm sure you'll understand all the important bits):

VT 2010 7 DNI
1.dan: cca 290 km - cca. 4,5 ure neto vožnje
START OB 10h IZ BS OMV
BS OMV Lesce - AC izvoz Jesenice zahod - Krajnska Gora - Korensko sedlo(Wurzenpass 1071m)-Arnoldstein – Hermagor - Kreuzbergsattel(1636m) 1. Postanek (naslov za navi Techendorf 98 9762 Weissensee, Avstrija) - Frallach - Dellach in Drautal - Iselsberg (1204m) - Winklern - Heligenblut - Grossglocknr Hochalpenstrasse (2508m)-Franz Josefshohe( 2.postanek parkirna hiša )-Hochtor(2575m)- Edelweiss spitze 3.postanek – Zell Am See - Pass Thurn(1274m) - Kitzbuhel –Hotel Garni Entstrasser,Jochberger Strasse 97,6370 Kitzbuhel,Oestereich

2.dan: cca 460 km – cca.6 ur neto vožnje (delež AC cca 200 km)
Start pred hotelom ob 10h
Kitzbuhel – Worgl - AC Insbruck in naprej po AC mimo izvoza Landeck West na prvi naslednji izvoz – v krožišču izberemo 3. Izvoz za Silvretta Hochalpenstrasse – Ischgl – 1.postanek ob jezeru Silvretta stausee - St. Gallenkirch - potem na AC A14 na 4. Izvoz dol za Feldkirch – Liechenstein 2. Postanek v Vaduzu (v Vaduzu desno po zollstrasse) - CH na AC smer Chur – AC zapustimo na izvozu št 18 Reichenau – skozi kraj Cassanova - Oberalppass (2044m) 3.postanek ob jezeru- Andermatt – Passo San Gottardo (2108m)4.postanek ob jezeru – Airolo po via San Gottardo do Motel Gottardo Sud, Cioss Mezz 4,6776 Piotta ,CH
3.dan: cca 270 km - cca 4,5 ure neto vožnje
Start pred hotelom ob 10h postanki na vrhu vsakega prelaza
Piotta – Nufenpass/Passo della Novena (2478m) 1.postanek – Furkapass (2431m) 2.postanek- Hospental – Andermatt – Sustenpass (2224m) 3.postanek - Innertkirchen – Grimselpass (2165m) 4.postanek – Oberwald – Wisp – Sierre - Crans montana Hôtel Restaurant le Mont-Paisible ,Chemin du Mont-Paisible 12 ,3963 Crans-Montana
4.dan: cca 380 km - cca 6 ur neto vožnje (delež AC cca 95 km)
Start pred hotelom ob 10h
Crans Montana – AC na razcep Grand Saint Bernard - Col du Grand St.Bernard (2469m CH-I)1.postanek – Aosta – Na AC A5 smer Mt. Blanc tunnel – dol na 2. Izvozu Morgex in na Rue du Mont Blanc - Col du petit St.Bernard (2188m I-F)2.postanek - Val d'Isere - Col de Iseran (2770m) 3.postanek- Col du Mt.Cenis (2083m F-I) 4.postanek– v ITA na AC A32 smer Bardonecchia na izvoz št 9 – Cesana - Sestriere Hotel Lago Losetta, Strada Azzurri d'Italia 4,10058 Sestriere, Italia
5.dan: cca 260 km - cca. 4,5 ure neto vožnje / opcija 295 km 5,2 ure vožnje neto
Start pred Hotelom ob 10h
Sestriere – Cesana - Col de Montgenevre (1854m I-F) – Briancon - Col d'Izoard (2360m)1.postanek - Route des grandes Alpes- Col De Vars (2111m)2.postanek- Col de la Bonete (2802m) 3.postanek //opcija če je Bonete še zaprt Col de la Caayolle in Col De Couillole// - Col Saint Martin(1500 m)-Col de Turini(1607m) Hotel Les Trois Vallees ,Col de Turini, 06440 L'Escarene , France
6.dan: cca 520 km , cca 6,5 ure neto vožnje (delež AC cca 420 km)
Start pred hotelom ob 9:30
Col de Turini(1607m) – Col de la Castilion (707m) - Menton - Monte Carlo ev. Ogled Monaco Top Cars Collection Avenue albert II 1.postanek parkiranje v bližnji garažni hiši, nadaljevanje po dogovoru – AC A8 smer ITA - AC A10 Savona – naprej smer Genova 2. Postanek na BS Total za izvozom za Varazze – Razcep na A 26 smer Alessandria - AC razcep za A7 smer MILANO– za izvozom za Tortono razcep na A 21 Piacenza – Cremona - Brescia –vključitev na AC A4 smer Padova 3. Postanek na BS po 5km od vključitve na A4 – izvoz AC Brescia Est.– Lago Di Garda –Riva del Garda – Hotel Villa Giulianna, Via Belluno 12, 38066 Riva del Garda, Italia
7. dan: cca 480 km cca 6,5 ure neto vožnje (delež AC cca 280 km)
Start pred hotelom ob 9:30
Riva del Garda - Autostrade Brenero - izvoz Bolzano nord – Passo Costalunga (1753m) 1.postanek – Pozza di Fassa – Canazei – Passo pordoi (2239 m) 2. postanek– Arabba – Passo di Campolongo (1875m) –Corvara – La Villa – Passo di Valparolla (2197 m)3.postanek – Passo di Falzarego(2105m) – Cortina d' Ampezzo – San Vito di cadore – Longarone – AC Conegliano – Pordenone – Portogruaro-Palmanova – Trieste - BS OMV Fernetiči – Coljava Turistična kmetija Ostrouška Pelicon Coljava 5

Highly recommended!
BW
Austin
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

wow some breathtaking photo's. one hell of a road trip. :)

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
Daz2626

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Daz2626 »

Stunning pics 8-)
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

Will post more pics during the week.
Only a quick check of them took me 3h. (cca 3000 photos)
I have driven my Zed to the highest mountainpass in Europe (Col Bonete 2802m) and met the only Z3 on the whole route - on the road to the top. Epic. The whole trip simply cannot be put in words.
BW
Austin
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Just amazing Austin................ I love your photography 8-)
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
slacz

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by slacz »

Wow.. very nice pics! Makes me wanna go on a roadtrip to take some shots.. :)
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

BW
Austin
marcusplowman

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by marcusplowman »

Awesome pics!
uk86ze

M roadster S50

Post by uk86ze »

Amazing pics, thanks for sharing.
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

BW
Austin
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Absolutely fabulous pictures, Austin. Maybe we should just have an Austin Powers' calendar next year? :wink:

Is that an Austin Healey 3000 with the umbrella over it in one of your shots? And is that Jezzebelle Clarkson in the e-type? :lol:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
justgilly

Z3 roadster 2.0

Photos

Post by justgilly »

Hi
What absolutely fantastic photos!!!! So envious of your trip, would love to do something similar. Out of curiosity what camera have you used?

Gill
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Great shots, reminds me I must post my piccies of a recent jaunt up the A449 through Wolverhampton :lol:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

Robert T wrote:Absolutely fabulous pictures, Austin. Maybe we should just have an Austin Powers' calendar next year? :wink:

Is that an Austin Healey 3000 with the umbrella over it in one of your shots? And is that Jezzebelle Clarkson in the e-type? :lol:

Cheers R.
Thanks Robert, guys and gals, you're to kind! :)

I'm not sure about that car being a Healey. I'd say it's a MG A.
I didn't want to interrupt the old couple sitting under the umbrella (round 70-80 years of age I reckon) and nosing around the car to much.
But I'll allways remember how cool they were in my eyes.
They ate their brunch, stretched their legs around the parking lot, sat in the car and off they went! :)
I'd like that when/if I turn 70/80... :D

As far as E-type is concerned - I do have a few more pictures, but I'd say that wasn't mrs. Clarkson. :lol:

BW
Austin
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: Photos

Post by Austin Powers »

justgilly wrote:Hi
What absolutely fantastic photos!!!! So envious of your trip, would love to do something similar. Out of curiosity what camera have you used?

Gill
The camera used was Nikon D200 with 17-55 mm/2,8 Nikkor DX lens and with borrowed Sigma 10-20 mm/4,0-5,6 lens (for testing purposes - I intend to buy an ultra wide lens but I will stay with OEM lenses so the Sigma is out).
BW
Austin
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

First video uploaded:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gshHGe3Zczw
Driver: my friend in a CSL.
Enjoy.
BW
Austin
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

tom_sk

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by tom_sk »

Austin Powers wrote:
Robert T wrote: Is that an Austin Healey 3000 with the umbrella over it in one of your shots?
I'm not sure about that car being a Healey. I'd say it's a MG A.
Yes, most definitely an MGA - I owned one in the mid-70s. Had it 5years and clocked up almost 100k. Rebuilt the engine and sold it for £150 (!) to finance a Stag (needed more seats by then!). Looking at today's prices, I should have hung on to it :cry:

btw - loved the photos. We are driving to Pyrenees in early Sept (unfortunately not in a Zed :( ) and can't wait. I have bookmarked your post so we can possibly do a similar trip in 2011.
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

Pyrenees must be great! We were discussing options for next year, but the Pyrenees fell out because for us it's quite a long drive to get to them. Maybe in 2012...
:lol:
Have a great and safe and faultless roadtrip and please post some pics so we can see where you were! :)
Thanks.

BW
Austin
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

Since the pics in the thread are gone, here is the flickr account:

VT2009:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/52467126@N ... 173139435/