after nearly a year...my Z3

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
Adam

Z3 roadster 2.8

after nearly a year...my Z3

Post by Adam »

After buying my Z3 on the may bank holiday last year I have finally got some pictures taken and have got them online.

She is a 98 (S) 2.8. Full BMWSH, BBTB & Manifold conversion. E-Maps remap, E-tech strutbrace. my pride & joy.

It was a daily runner when I bought it. despite the BMWSH the bodywork and interior needed work. After a trip to a body shop for a touch up and the wheels refurbed and a bit of TLC, she is finally getting to the standard I want her to be. I use her as a daily runner to work and the nice runs on the weekend. I'm thinking of having a new exhaust system fitted as I have a good rattle on the exhaust at the moment. I also plan on getting some new shocks, roll bars bushes (current one's have a little play) and she is due a new set of boots after the next track day.

so here it is......

Happy Zedding

adam.
johnz3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by johnz3 »

Looks good. Is the steering wheel surround a cover or part of the wheel?

Looks good either way
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Hi Adam

Your Z3 looks magnificent and has obviously benefited from the care and attention you have given it. I only got mine last Monday 99 (V) 2.8 and like you found that there was more to do than I expected so having spent every evening so far just cleaning, etc looking at yours gives me inspiration to carry on.

Good luck, well done and I am sure that you will go on enjoying your Zed.
cowboybebop

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by cowboybebop »

Yes looking nice....

Thats a steering wheel i havent seen before nice looking,

I love those seats aswell very nice Adam
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Lovely looking motor, but sorry, the wood with the red leather doesn't really work for me.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Adam

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Adam »

it is a wood wheel. its a marmite wheel...you either love it or hate it.

I dont think it goes with the rest of the interior as stu said, but the feel of the wood wheel is great. It is something I will consider changing once I have seen other wheels on zeds in the flesh.
maxman

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by maxman »

From the photos it looks like your hard work has paid off,looks like new,although if it was mine the wood wheel would have to go.
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Adam,

Looking terrific. Nothing like cleaning up and seeing a deep shine appear on a car. Great sense of pride and achievement.

What alloys do you have on the car? We can't see.

Oh, and I like the wooden wheel

C
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
estocks

Not specified

Re: after nearly a year...my Z3

Post by estocks »

Adam wrote:I'm thinking of having a new exhaust system fitted as I have a good rattle on the exhaust at the moment.
Charlie, ProSpeed, Cardiff. Nuff Said.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
icarus

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by icarus »

Well worth waiting to see the pics. I think it’s great you're using it as a daily runner. I did the same after the first year of ownership. What’s the point of having a car like that and keeping it in the garage?

Let me know if you ever come down west

QUIA CUSTODIET CUSTODES IPSOS?
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Looks great Adam!

Job well done and the summer is a'comin!........ Hopefully! :D

I would have to see the steering wheel in the flesh to see what it looks like but if you consider changing, the black M one with imola inserts would go well with your interior.

I have it in my M but there is a better picture of it on Conor's Hamish.

Have a look see. :wink:

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... ght=hamish
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
Adam

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Adam »

Icarus.... I used to be down your way often. used to have a place in dinas cross..just up from fishguard. now moved it to just outside cilcennin

Whiteminks.... Your right about that wheel. looks nice. I will keep a look out for one.

///M_aniac .... i have the standard 17" style 18 alloys. with the wider rears.

the pictures make the steering wheel stand out and look very orangey. Its not that in your face in reality.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Looking great Adam. I do like red, black and silver - but then I'm a little biased! :wink:

If you are going to change the wheel, then I would swap the gear knob for either the chrome and leather or plain leather one the same shape. If you can get an ///M wheel with imola inserts as the minks suggests, I think it will look the dogs whatsits. Up to you of course.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Robert T wrote:If you are going to change the wheel, then I would swap the gear knob for either the chrome and leather or plain leather one the same shape. If you can get an ///M wheel with imola inserts as the minks suggests, I think it will look the dogs whatsits. Up to you of course.

Cheers R.
I would agree. If you get a wheel like mine, you would need to change the gear knob. Plain black leather would be my preference...
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
Kiwi

M coupe S50

Post by Kiwi »

Re the wheel - the black and Imola M one would look nice - but obviously big money from the dealer and could wait a while for one to come up at a wrecker.

As an alternative, you could pick up the more common regular black M or M styled Zed wheel and then add the Imola leather tab inserts from LeatherZ here:

http://leatherz.com/Merchant2/merchant. ... ry_Code=Z3

They also look better than the tabs on the stock M steering wheels (I have them and very happy).
1999 Z3 2.8 (Cosmos)
2000 M Coupe (Dakar)
545 M Sport

the_///M_widow

M roadster S50

Post by the_///M_widow »

Adam,

your car is lovely.

Good luck with the steering wheel change

Mairead