JOURNAL - Z3 Individual - Sold!

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
BlackBeautZ

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: JOURNAL - Z3 Individual - U/D 30/10 Performance BMW Arti

Post by BlackBeautZ »

Hey Chris

You will have no probs selling your Zed i am in Saltash also, nearly finished off my zed now!
Kris
Black BeautZ

yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Thanks Kris,

In truth I've not advertised it anywhere but there are a couple people interested so I'll see what comes of that.

I'm getting a couple bits put right beforehand and if neither of the prospective buyers end up taking the plunge I'll hold off until summer and see how I feel then!
g8jka wrote:
yalden wrote:Anyone want to buy a bargain Z3 2.0? :D
How much do you want for it?
I want to walk away with £5000 in my hand, for that they can take the lot. All the parts, both the Z3m wheels and the 3-pc AC Schnitzers etc.

By the time it goes I'll have spent over £500 doing some general maintenance work ready for the new owner, so in truth I'm only really getting £4500.
dallantan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by dallantan »

good luck with the sale.
Dallan |07712 415 619

OZ Breyton 3-Piece Splits (17x9 & 17x12), Rayvern Hydraulics, Custom Top Mounts, Bespoke Hubcentric Spacers, Strutbrace, Aero Wipers, Wind Deflector, PiperX Air Filter, Deleted Plate Recess, Deleted Front Badge, Smoothed Boot, Continental Fogs, All Red Rears, Cleaned Bulbs (all round), Stubby Aerial, Black Grills, Halo Projector Lights, Components Upgrade, Clifford 5104x Intellistart Alarm, Custom Boot Install.
BlackBeautZ

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BlackBeautZ »

Thats a good price,

You should see Castle Motors selling a 1997 - 65000k mile Zed for £6250 its a joke for that price, they way over price cars, i picked my 1997 Zed up for £2800.

Any spare parts your selling seperately Chris?

Like do you have a Hard Top and the kit with the car also, just trying think of anything i might be after? My Toneau cover is a bit worn could do with a smarter one tbh.

Looking forward to getting my In Phase IPX 2 fitted this week, a bargain Head Unit, / with DVD Screen :O)
Kris
Black BeautZ

PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

that's one stunning car , I would love to have it . fancy a trade with my 3.0i its got a hardtop as well :D
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Sorry to hear you're selling such a lovely example. A bargain for someone in my opinion, really good mods done amazingly well. Good luck
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

I won't be selling any bits seperately just yet; the main potential buyer is an old member from this site and I'd rather let him have it with everything thrown in.

If it doesn't pan out, I'll probably sell off a lot of the parts seperately and sell the car a little more 'standard'.

The original plan was to buy a top spec, rare colour / interior combo, late 3.0 model and transfer all the bits across. I've been looking out for one for around 6 months and haven't found a single example that ticks all the boxes (except a very tidy 3.0 on ebay, but that was listed at £10,000 - which is Z3M coupe money).

If the sale doesn't work out, I'll likely try and stick to the original plan... but part of me does crave for a Clubman Cooper S :oops:
pemdp

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by pemdp »

Your car was an inspiration to me. I wish you luck with the sale.
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

So after much deliberation, the car went up on Autotrader with a fresh 12 months MOT and was sold and driven away in less than 24 hours. It was sad to see it go, but having only covered 1000 miles in the last 12 months and without any means of dry storage I feared it was going to slowly rot away under a thick layer of dirt!

The car was almost entirely reverted back to stock, with just the suspension and carbon interior accessories being retained.

Needless to say, I now have a shed / cupboard / attic / numerous drawers and bags all full of various car parts - some previously fitted, some new 8-) !

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Roll on the next one... :rtm:
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

P.S. I guess that concludes this Journal! :idea:
peterandjenny

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: JOURNAL - Z3 Individual - Sold!

Post by peterandjenny »

Thanks for all your work on the zed, I guess keepig all the good bits another one will be treated in the future.
peter
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

That's a shame, Chris. Someone got a cracking car. I trust you will still look in on the forum every now and then.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Sorry to see Marmite go Chris
I too enjoyed your enthusiasm, humour and write-ups
Good luck with the next project, split rims and Heineken :)
Image :devil:
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Thanks all,

I'll still be checking in on the forum, especially the stock exchange, just incase a hellrot 3.0 comes along!

Once I've found the next car I'll be back to my old ways, I'm out to put together an even better looking Z3!

Chris
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Look forward to the new one Chris :)
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Best wishes for your next car adventures Chris, I always enjoyed reading about your exploits with the Z3. Make sure to show your face at the silverstone classic if you make it ;-)
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

This car was also some inspiration for me too. Please let me know if you will decide to sell any parts, I am quite sure you have some treasure chest with them :)