My 1st BMW and she's a keeper! How do u change the camber?

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

My 1st BMW and she's a keeper! How do u change the camber?

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

Hello,

I added a photo so that you can see my prized possession, - well i'm trying to add one! - Imola red LHD 2.8 z3m coupe

but i signed up for some help really.

I've already had one blow out on the motorway, my car keeps ruining tyres.

the camber at the back is just too much and is edging the inner side of the rear tyres.

Is there any thing I can do?

Thanks

Justin Time

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Justin Time »

Not seeing any picture but I bet she's a beauty. Don't think your one is an Z3M though, the LHD euro coupe models came in a 2.8, non-///M, size and all ///M's were 3.2 or thereabouts.

As for the suspension problem, I can't say anything as I have neither experience in this problem or experience on the whole with suspension, but best of luck solving the problem.

Welcome to the forum :)
BMW Z3 2.0L Velvet Blue Individual Edition
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Hi Justin,

thanks for rapid reply.

you're absolutely right its not an m but i'm saving for one.
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Good looking zed - a rare example in the uk 8-)

Is that really Imola red? Looks more like Bright Red or Bright Red II but could be due to the lighting I suppose :?

Your zed looks like it's been lowered a bit so I guess that could be the cause of the excessive inner rear tyre wear. I understand that when z3s are lowered the effect of the negative camber on the rear wheels is increased. I'm sure that someone on here can suggest a fix but it's a bit out of my league I'm afraid :cry:

Welcome to the forum!
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Interesting -- doesnt look like Imola Red in the picture more like bright red. Could be the camera distorting the colour though.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
jamila

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by jamila »

Love those alloys!

Jamila

///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Gotta be Hell Rot I or more than likely II

Here is Imola Red II for comparison. Defo not the same colour

BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
///M Breadvan

M coupe S52

Post by ///M Breadvan »

very nice looking coupe. Nice alloys too!

Looks very loow. I likey. :twisted:

Front bumper, side grills and wing mirrors are deffo not ///M spec but what the hell. Looks the business.
Current: S50, black/Black. Becker HU, AP Racing BBK, Racelogic TC

Ex: S50 Coupe, Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. ACS Suspension. HID's/Angel Eyes. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
321bhp

Not specified

Post by 321bhp »

nice one,love the wheels.colour is great :D :D
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Well,

thanks for your comments people. As for the colour..... I was told when i bought it that it was imola red but i bow to your greater knowledge and skilled eyes the paperwork says hellrot 314. doesnt sound as good!
I've added a couple more pictures, sadly the lack of 4 exhausts does reduce the look of her.
Anyone any ideas of how much i should be looking at paying for the front bumper and wing mirrors to be re-sprayed?
also is there any way of making sure the number plate gets blanked out, i've changed it on photo-bucket but that doesnt seem to do the trick straight away.
topfuelking

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by topfuelking »

hi this is the kit i fitted to my z

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 089#146089
THANKS MARC
looking for a carp fishing hoilday we can help http://www.carpfishingmayenne.com

ImageSYMPTOMS OF A BOOST JUNKY

1. You get excited when it's cold outside.
2. You fill up every three days.
3. The size of your grin is directly proportional to the amount of boost you’re on.
MdV

M coupe S50

Post by MdV »

love those red QP's! nice alloys 8-)

I fear the camber is not the only problem, with the rear hanging that low, it might be that the tyres get quite a beating when you put the pedal to the metal.

Imola = exclusive M color .. :? ... sorry.

http://users.belgacom.net/bmw_z3/bmw_z3_colors_M.htm

Image 'This car is NOT everyone's darling'... but Imageine it definitely is!
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

spurs fan in a coupe wrote:I've already had one blow out on the motorway, my car keeps ruining tyres.

the camber at the back is just too much and is edging the inner side of the rear tyres.

Is there any thing I can do?
Looking at your photos, your camber doesn't bad at all... I'd be more concerned about the apparent damage to your o/s wheels... they both look to have been the victim of a sideways collision and the rear one in particular looks like it could be buckled! On top of this I can't help but think the the rear O/S wheel looks like it's toe is out (it seems to be sitting at an angle), without wanting to worry you I'd be concerned that during the collision you might've damaged other components. Without a question of doubt lead to premature tyre wear!

Nice car never the less and of course I'm no mechanic - so I could well be wrong!
Attachments
CIMG0229.jpg
(154.86 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Hi Valden,

Many Thanks for the reply.

To the best of my knowledge my car has never been in an accident,

With only 1 photo showing the off side and having had a long look at that photo again I can't see the concerns you have.

I've done about 20,000 since buying the car just over a year ago and I hvae had no problems with her since the blow out on the dual carriage way. The two front tyres just kept going flat too, so I changed the lot and all has been great (touch wood) ever since.

When I changed the rears I added standard rear springs and the inner edge tyre wear was eased greatly, still got the tyre centre to switch my rear tyres over as they edge started to wear to get the maximum life out of them.

I also had the tracking done at the same time so I think it's all good.

Thanks for your concern.

Merry Christmas
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

In the photo I linked previously I marked a red arrow at what looks to be a whopping great big dent in your rear wheel, is this just the lighting or is there such a dent?
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Hi Yalden,

Thankfully it is just a trick of the light, no great big dents, a couple of minor kerb scuffs but nothing major.

2 weeks off work starting in 1 hour so hopefully plenty of time to get the 3 stage polish out and maybe even whack my new wheels on!

Then go cruising!

Merry Christmas
///M Breadvan

M coupe S52

Post by ///M Breadvan »

[quote="spurs fan in a coupe"]
Anyone any ideas of how much i should be looking at paying for the front bumper and wing mirrors to be re-sprayed?
quote]

I paid about £450 to get my bonnet and front bumer sprayed by BMW. Shouold be a fair bit cheaper omitting the bonnet as that takes alot of paint
Current: S50, black/Black. Becker HU, AP Racing BBK, Racelogic TC

Ex: S50 Coupe, Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. ACS Suspension. HID's/Angel Eyes. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.