My 1st Z3 & 1st post

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
aceman

M roadster S50

My 1st Z3 & 1st post

Post by aceman »

Hi Guys,

Well after a couple of weeks looking I stumbled across my perfect Z3 and couldn't resist so here are a few pics;

It's '99 2.8 with M spec interior and is in fantastic condition, should be able to pick her up at the end of the week can't wait.

:D :D :D
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Last of the pre-facelift, very nice! Looks a great spec! Especially with the extended leather dash console, boomerangs and door pulls! I'm definately jealous of all those features!

On top of that, the elec/heated M seats finish of the interior! 8-)

Do you mind me asking the mileage and how much it set you back?

Great example there 8-)

EDIT: The only thing I can see that needs replacing is the passenger footwell cargo net!
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Thanks for the comments, must admit I hadn't noticed the cargo net !

It has covered 60k and £6.5k, think I dropped lucky on this one considering the others I have seen.
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Hi & Welcome Ian.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Justin Time

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Justin Time »

Very nice, enjoy the ride! :D
BMW Z3 2.0L Velvet Blue Individual Edition
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Thanks guys,

Just can't wait to pick it up now :)
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Hi there. Lovely Zed. Gorgeous colour. Enjoy!!
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
Kiwi

M coupe S50

Post by Kiwi »

Welcome aceman - 99 2.8's are always especially welcome here :)

As above, good spec - your car has the extended leather option (leather dash, binnacle etc) which is rare and is a very nice touch.

It's not an M spec interior (no such thing on a Z3) - in a way, it is better as extended leather was not standard on M's (although M's got a leather covered rear centre console part around the handbrake) and wasn't even an option on the M Coupes, not sure about the Roadsters.

The seats you have are Z3 sports seats which are my favourite - prefer them to the M seats for the looks (M seats have more ribbing, side panel etc).

The regular M steering wheels like yours were fitted to a lot of Z3's from late 98/99 or so on (weren't a specific option) and are different to the M wheels which have different coloured stitching.

Be careful not to expose the leather dash to too much sunlight (not much danger of that really in the UK :D ) - have been cases of the leather peeling off etc. Never had a problem with mine but have been sensible about leaving it out too long in direct sun and have conditioned it etc.

Am impressed with the condition of the wheels - don't look marked at all in the pics. And I wonder if that is a stainless or chrome tailpipe sleeve on it - very nice. Look forward to hearing your impressions once you have been for some proper spins in it.
1999 Z3 2.8 (Cosmos)
2000 M Coupe (Dakar)
545 M Sport

aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Thanks Kiwi,

I am still a newbie to Z3's so appreciate the heads up on the spec.

I also love the seats and when I was looking around for one I had made my mind up that I had to have the sport seats. The alloys as you say are in very good condition with only one slight mark on one of the wheels which has been touched up so you can hardly see it. The exhaust looked in very good condition when I layed on the floor to look ar it but what is the valve all about in one of the tailpipes, is it some kind performance enhancement or noise quitening thing as I noticed the engine is very quite on tickover considering its size. The only other thing I noticed which will need attention at some point is the paint has bubbled on the lower part of the wing mirrors, I have read it is a common problem, is there a guide somewhere on how to sort this as it is the only thing that mars the paintwork.

I am sure there are going to be may more questions like this from me in near future so many thanks in advance to everybody.
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)
aceman wrote:The exhaust looked in very good condition when I layed on the floor to look ar it but what is the valve all about in one of the tailpipes, is it some kind performance enhancement or noise quitening thing as I noticed the engine is very quite on tickover considering its size.
This is a standard fitment and is designed to quieten the car down at lower revs - presumably round town - it is operated by a vacuum from the engine.
aceman wrote: The only other thing I noticed which will need attention at some point is the paint has bubbled on the lower part of the wing mirrors, I have read it is a common problem, is there a guide somewhere on how to sort this as it is the only thing that mars the paintwork.
myredzed wrote a great Mirror Base Refurbishment guide in the knowledgebase. Mine are just starting to go now, so I will have to look at doing them too.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Cheers Robert that's a very good guide and I am sure I will be attempting that at some point.

Regarding the exhaust what do the guys do that fit after market exhausts do you just disconnect it ?
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Hi Aceman,

Looking good! 8-)

Welcome to the froum and Zed addiction! :lol: :lol: :lol:
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Looking good aceman 8-)

Always nice to see another red zed on here!
Bally

BMW other

Post by Bally »

Very nice, must admit to having a "big" preference for the sports seats and looked for ages for a 2.8 with the same interior, everytime i found the car it had the wrong interior or vice versa. Gave up in the end and bought a 2.0L 6 pot with the right spec pic attached.

Enjoy the summer 8-)
Attachments
Picture 004.jpg
(191.52 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Nice one !

Pick mine up tommorrow, I will let you all know what it's like.
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Bally wrote:Very nice, must admit to having a "big" preference for the sports seats and looked for ages for a 2.8 with the same interior, everytime i found the car it had the wrong interior or vice versa. Gave up in the end and bought a 2.0L 6 pot with the right spec pic attached.

Enjoy the summer 8-)
I had the exact same situation! I failed to find a 2.8 with the right spec, so settled with a nicely set up 2.0!