Pic's of my M

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
Dolfan

M roadster S50

Pic's of my M

Post by Dolfan »

Hi all,

Well I finally got around to posting some pic's of my Zed, I purchased it from a nice Chap in Scotland in June of this year after a long search for the right one, It's a 98 model and to be honest I was giving up hope as I had just got home from a 7 hour round trip of wasted time yet again! (M25 car park) :head: :head: I sat down at my pc to see A lovely Zed had just been listed on Pistonheads and seemed to tick all the boxes, and then looked at the location....Do I really want to travel that far! :( Well my advice to anyone on the hunt for the right car is "keep the faith and be willing to travel"

So after a long chat on the phone I arranged to fly up the following Saturday and after looking over the car, test drive and a few cups of coffee the deal was done so I departed with my new Zed and a bottle of fine malt whiskey :lol: . I was a little apprehensive regarding the long journey home to MK, however, the Zed performed without fault and really enjoyed the drive.

Once home it was time for a few Mods, the car was standard apart from the short Ariel and a cone filter, I wanted a little more aggressive look with imo a nice contrast in colour. As this is going to be a keeper I started with a complete re-trim, the interior was in good condition just a little tired, It's just I'm very fussy! I also had a new black Mohair roof all installed at the same time by a local company P&G Trimmers I finished off the interior with a new gear knob and brake lever,new pedal covers and mats. I then had Daz from Dent Bustas work his magic on the small imperfections to the bodywork I have used him in the past I can't fault his work. I then removed the bonnet, boot and wheel badges and replaced them with black and white Carbon fibre ones, the Kidney grills were replaced with black. I removed the M gills and painted them in satin black and covered the M badges with Vinyl. I also tinted the side and third brake lights, the rear lights I purchased from a German company off Fleebay the fitment is very good, Then it came to the wheels as I've always changed them on my previous cars, However, I really like the M wheels with the deep rear dish and staggered fitment I just wanted a change in colour so I went to my local body shop that I have been using for many years, so we put our heads together and I decided on the colour choice below.

The one thing I believe BMW should have given the Z3M from the start is a exhaust note it deserves, also as you know it is somewhat restricted from to cat back so I had a custom Powerflow fitted with a nice tone (Not intrusive) when the fun pedal is hit.

I had heard good reports on here about Evolve so I arranged to have a Simota fitted and a Map I was very pleased with the service and results, the car is now more responsive and seems to Rev more freely with added punch to it. I have recently ordered the Supersprint de-cat pipe, once fitted I will return for a Dyno run. :twisted: I will then stiffen up the suspension a little I have a front tower strut brace on the way and will probably fit H&R arb's as I have used them on a previous car with very good results.

After all the above work was carried out it was time to give her good clean and polish so I spent 2 days detailing to bring her up to the condition she is in now.

Well Guys Just want to say thanks to you all this Forum has been very helpful and I hope to put some names to the faces in the future.

Hope you like,

Regards Yan.

Last edited by Dolfan on Sat 17 Oct, 2009 14:07, edited 1 time in total.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Dolfan, you've been busy and now have a great ///M Roadster "individual" :D

Great attention to detail and the retrim /new roof looks great :wink:

Glad all your patience paid off. They are great cars to "tinker" with aren't they.

Looks like you'll be all set for next summer 8-)
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
321bhp

Not specified

Post by 321bhp »

yeah looking good,all that black stuff on it,dam nice 8-) 8-)
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Nice piccies. :)

Is the car's name Bruiser by any chance?

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Desiro

M roadster S50

Post by Desiro »

Good work Yan the car is a credit to you and well worth the wait.
Love the colour of the wheels.
Mike123

M roadster S50

Pic's of my M

Post by Mike123 »

You have been busy - looks great - I'm pondering the black detail look for my Imola Red.
One small thing - I don't know if you have just placed the tonneau cover for the pics, but it does tuck in to the well on the back and sides - looks much neater! Apologies if you already knew.
Althulas

M roadster S50

Post by Althulas »

Nice individual touch there and a change from chrome. The seats look to have had a top job done to them.
If you like gaming with mature minded players visit our retirement home http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
ImageImage
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Looking good dolfan. Well done 8-)
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Looks a real nice Zed Dolfan. interior looks superb, well worth the wait.
JohnSmith

M roadster S50

Post by JohnSmith »

I do like those wheels!
FreddyK

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by FreddyK »

Shiny exterior, impressingly clean engine compartment.

You do know that the hood cover is supposed to be folded in, right ?
Freddy

///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Very, very nice. I am liking that. Congratulations.

Conor
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Looks really mean in a very cool way. 8-)
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
Oyvind

M roadster S50

Post by Oyvind »

Beautiful car. I especially like the color of the rims!

Where did you get the black protection pads for the rear wheel arches?
Dolfan

M roadster S50

Post by Dolfan »

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in replying (Work) Wow! :oops: Thanks for all the compliments they are much appreciated. I wanted to try and bring her up to the high standard of the cars on here before posting pic's.

I thought the Tonneau did not look correct thanks for the heads up :oops:....See that's what makes this Forum great :thumb:

Robert T I have no name although it's a she :)

Thanks again regards Yan.
Dolfan

M roadster S50

Post by Dolfan »

Oyvind wrote:Beautiful car. I especially like the color of the rims!

Where did you get the black protection pads for the rear wheel arches?
Thanks for the compliment Oyvind, I purchased the Stone guards from here http://www.roadstersolutions.com/page1.html

Yan.
JohnSmith

M roadster S50

Post by JohnSmith »

You got the interior re-trimmed? Did this include the seats? Tell me more.
Dolfan

M roadster S50

Post by Dolfan »

JohnSmith wrote:You got the interior re-trimmed? Did this include the seats? Tell me more.
Hi John,
Yes I had a full re-trim here http://www.pgtrimmers.com/Home/tabid/107/Default.aspx

I initially had the work carried out on the seats and door cards I then
removed the centre console for a re-trim as it looked a little dull in comparison to the fresh leather.

Paul from P&G did a great job and I'm very pleased with the results, Highly recommended. :thumb:

Cheers Yan.
k10rgr

M roadster S50

Post by k10rgr »

Hi Yan,
Kevin here, guy you bought the car off, the cars looking swell.
Dolfan

M roadster S50

Post by Dolfan »

k10rgr wrote:Hi Yan,
Kevin here, guy you bought the car off, the cars looking swell.
Cheers Kev,

Really enjoying the car mate, I see you kept it in the family with your new purchase :wink:

Keep in touch

Yan.
the_youth

M roadster S50

Post by the_youth »

Hi

I know this post is a couple of years old. But how did you get the chrome side vents done? Are they painted or done in shadow chrome effect?
Dolfan

M roadster S50

Post by Dolfan »

the_youth wrote:Hi

I know this post is a couple of years old. But how did you get the chrome side vents done? Are they painted or done in shadow chrome effect?

Hi,

They are finished in black satin.

With care they can be removed and taken apart for spraying.
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Re: Pic's of my M

Post by Z3cade »

Old thread i know but what a car Yan :shock:

Im enjoying it very much!! :D :D :D :squeeze:
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3