Zed + sun = perfect day!!!

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Zed + sun = perfect day!!!

Post by Ragtop »

Couple of pics from our drive out in the sunshine today across Beachy Head. Bit slippery in places. It was great driving the Zed in brilliant sunshine and blue skies.

Ended up having lunch in Roedean just outside Brighton above the Marina. It was just like summer except that it needed to be 20 deg warmer.

TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Nice piccies :lol: I'm jealous as been awful here in Staffs, freezing wind this morning then absolutely threw it down with rain this afternoon turning too sleet :x Still managed to wash the 1er and dry off under cover but the Zed has been tucked away in the garage :(

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
danieltharris

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by danieltharris »

Car looks great with the hard top there.

Is yours a 1.9 (M44)?
rgf

Not specified

Post by rgf »

Very nice... but isn't it time the roof came off??!
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

danieltharris wrote:Car looks great with the hard top there.

Is yours a 1.9 (M44)?

Daniel, yes it is a 1.9 M44 which is plenty enough power for the roads here in East Sussex. I fancy a bigger engine but not sure I would get full benefit from it.

Tim we had the weather you have now last week. Woke up this morning to blue skies. Although the Zed was still covered in snow, we decided to take advantage of this great weather and pretend it was summer.
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

I fancy a bigger engine but not sure I would get full benefit from it.[/quote]

Trust me. You would :lol:

Nice to see your enjoying my neck of the woods ragtop :)
kruisn

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by kruisn »

Car looks great, scenery looks great, I bet the drive was great too. All the best for 2010.
Don't drink and drive home -
Take the Zd and fly home -
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I'm jealous, no Zed driving for me over christmas (combination of bad weather on the days I could have and too busy when weather was nice) :bawl:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
danieltharris

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by danieltharris »

Ragtop wrote:

Is yours a 1.9 (M44)?

Daniel, yes it is a 1.9 M44 which is plenty enough power for the roads here in East Sussex. I fancy a bigger engine but not sure I would get full benefit from it.

Tim we had the weather you have now last week. Woke up this morning to blue skies. Although the Zed was still covered in snow, we decided to take advantage of this great weather and pretend it was summer.
Mines the M44 too, good on the 'ol insurance lol.

Your pics convinced me even more to look for a hardtop lol. Hard to get at this time of year, 3 more months and it will be springs and loads will pop up on ebay again though.

I had the roof down once in December on a nice sunny day, quite cold but very comfortable with the heaters on. Got some really funny looks but until people have experienced it they shouldn't judge imo.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Ragtop wrote:

Is yours a 1.9 (M44)?

Wow what a change in the weather, glorious day here now :sunny We had a dusting of snow overnight and with it raining yesterday afternoon the road outside our house is like glass :shake: Just gave a neighbour a push as the cul-de-sac is on an incline, he just managed to get up the road. Think I'll give the car a miss today and hope it clears as work tomorrow :x

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

danieltharris wrote:
Ragtop wrote:

Is yours a 1.9 (M44)?

Mines the M44 too, good on the 'ol insurance lol.

Your pics convinced me even more to look for a hardtop lol. Hard to get at this time of year, 3 more months and it will be springs and loads will pop up on ebay again though.

I had the roof down once in December on a nice sunny day, quite cold but very comfortable with the heaters on. Got some really funny looks but until people have experienced it they shouldn't judge imo.
Daniel, if you have the funds I think the hardtops are always a no brainer even if you don't use much ie so long as you get for a decent price you will always get your money back on them if you need to resell so all your doing is "tying up" £500 not "spending" it :wink:

Just remember you will need somewhere to store (they are big an heavy) and I would factor in £80 for a cover to protect it when not on the car + makes it easier to store ie hang :D
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Daniel I was lucky as my Zed came with the hardtop and Zed's aren't usually sold with them. Agree with Jonttt about hardtop being a no brainer.

Hang_em_high, probably you are right about liking a bigger engine like your 2.8, but I do get frustrated when I accelerate through the gears only to catch up with the next lot of slow moving cars all too quickly.
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

Ragtop wrote:Daniel I was lucky as my Zed came with the hardtop and Zed's aren't usually sold with them. Agree with Jonttt about hardtop being a no brainer.

Hang_em_high, probably you are right about liking a bigger engine like your 2.8, but I do get frustrated when I accelerate through the gears only to catch up with the next lot of slow moving cars all too quickly.

Well your only down the road from me so if you ever fancy trying it just let me know.
The main reason I originally went with the 1.9 in the first place was because I thought it would be better on fuel consumption as I use it for work daily on a 40 mile round trip,but it turned out no better than the 2.8 which on a daily average according to the computer is telling me it's doing 30 mpg which im more than pleased with.My old scooby was lucky to see 20 mpg.
Anyway if you fancy a run out or you just fancy trying the 2.8 let me know. :)
pianoman3

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by pianoman3 »

Hi Ragtop, The Z3 looks superb in the pictures taken at Beachy Head, even down to the little bit of snow on the top of the boot - it does look a lovely car. Today the weather here has been like that, and I put the roof down, donned the hat and gloves and went for a drive. Great apart from the hands just seem to get cold and it's difficult trying to drive holding the steering wheel at the bottom all the time!! Still it was well worth it - roll on te summer
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Hang_em_hi, that is an offer I will take up soon, thank you.

Pianoman3, thank you for your nice comments. Good on yer for getting out there with your roof down, had I not had the hardtop on yesterday I would have done the same. Zed's have really good heaters and the heated seats work a treat. All in all it was a real feel good factor day, must have drove close on 100 miles and enjoyed everyone of them.

Kruisn I guess you're enjoying lots of summer drives in your Zed in Auckland. Do you get to see many Zed's in New Zealand?
danieltharris

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by danieltharris »

Ragtop wrote:Hang_em_hi, that is an offer I will take up soon, thank you.

Pianoman3, thank you for your nice comments. Good on yer for getting out there with your roof down, had I not had the hardtop on yesterday I would have done the same. Zed's have really good heaters and the heated seats work a treat. All in all it was a real feel good factor day, must have drove close on 100 miles and enjoyed everyone of them.

Kruisn I guess you're enjoying lots of summer drives in your Zed in Auckland. Do you get to see many Zed's in New Zealand?
I bet you'll want the 2.8 after you try it. I'd love a 6-cyl Z3 although unless I ever buy an //M Roadster I doubt i'll get one and will likely go for another car next time (probably still a roadster of some sort).

You will enjoy the extra performance and the difference in sound too. BMW Straight Six, pure heaven. Plus the 2.8 just plain looks better. Front bumper and rear arches.

I have a 1.9 M44, it would be nice to not be at the bottom of the food chain so to speak lol. Atleast it's a good food chain to be on at all though.