and now with rollhoops !!!

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
groove65

Z3 roadster 1.9

and now with rollhoops !!!

Post by groove65 »

Finally thought i would pop some pics of of my Zed..

its a 1.9, 1998 in artic silver. done quite a lot on this one but last night i completed the rollhoop retrofit and a new head unit :D

the rollhoops came from Hills breakers and the service was just superb - sent me all the right kit to do the retrofit in very quick time. total cost £325 all in

well worth it i think and all i need now is the wind deflector and im set !

missus and i love the car and i think this one's a keeper.

just a few minor things to do now sometime - treat some small stone chips, get the wind deflector, probably change the front footwell speakers for some better ones, do the seat mod as the seats rock back and forth a bit on braking etc and i might invest in the arm rest as well as that looks like a good mod.

other than that keeping it standard..

oh and i need a tonneau cover in black if anyone's got one for sale ?

cheers and happy zedding !!

Iain
maxman

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by maxman »

You had a good buy there as they and the Z look very tidy.
groove65

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by groove65 »

Cheers Maxman - originally it had the pepperpot wheels but i changed them first.

had a new exhaust bracket put on this week as well - the one near the gearbox. the old one had rusted through.

done a few bits of tidying here and there - stonechips next and once ive sorted those it'll be some detailling and thats about it for a while

had it just over 2 weeks now and clocked up a few miles - the trip to cardiff and back on thursday was great in the sun
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

Hi groove nice job did the same retrofit last week. what a difference it makes. cant believe BMW never did this from the off. happy zedding :D

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
groove65

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by groove65 »

Cheers Canman - did it all Friday evening - took me about 3 hours and some very sore fingers.

well worth it i think - really makes the car complete

do like your setup with the beige though - looks really nice