Pics after waxing The Zed

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
reddyzeddygo

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Pics after waxing The Zed

Post by reddyzeddygo »

After washing The Zed last weekend, decided to give her a coat of wax. Used Turtlewax High Gloss Car Wax. Very easy on and off, and (I think) gave a decent finish. Browsing the Forum have learned the difference between polishing and waxing - have put a bottle of Autoglym SRP on the shelf today for future use on occasion. Also been learning about "claying" which I had never heard of before - looks a bit of a scary process. You never know, one day I may pluck up the courage.......
[/img]Image
[/img]Image
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Looks fantastic reddy. Great work!
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
VikingSven

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by VikingSven »

Looks good :) I really need to get clear lenses for my front indicators like yours are, it looks so much better!
Claying isn't scary at all - it's very easy to do, and gives amazing results - I did mine for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and it's made the car look so much better.
The clay did stain my finger tips blue tho!
uk86ze

M roadster S50

Post by uk86ze »

Clayed mine last week and had the same thoughts like you. It's dead simple and if you get a kit make sure you have plenty of the detailing spray. It's smells/tastes like window lean to me and ime sure I've read somewhere that if you mix car shampoo and water it does the same trick.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

I have clayed quite a few cars and the only difference I 'see' is in the feel of the paintwork and not the finish or shine, with my cars the clay just picks up any surface contaminants that are embedded in the paint and makes it super smooth, not any shinier or cleaner... Maybe I keep my cars too clean and shiney to begin with?

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Buz007

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Buz007 »

wow, quality job looks superb! :shock:
Dakeyras

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Dakeyras »

gookah wrote:Maybe I keep my cars too clean and shiney to begin with?
Ther is no such thing as too clean and shiney :D

car looks great after the wax!
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Agreed :D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
HPFirenza

Z3 roadster 1.9

Claying and waxing

Post by HPFirenza »

Like you I washed and clayed the car last weekend, and as a first time user the claying was easy. Tto day I was up at 6 o'clock washed it, polished it and then waxed it Twice. Took the wheels off washed clayed and polished with rim wax. Cleaned the inside and engine bay. Fitted stone guards. You can never have to much cleaning and polishing. She (Zellda) my wife's name for the car looks fantastick. Now all I need to do is find out how to download pic's of her.