A well spent Saturday morning

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
TaffDaddy

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

A well spent Saturday morning

Post by TaffDaddy »

Hi all,

I've had my Z for nearly 2 weeks and yesterday got around to giving it a good clean. Based on the threads on this site I invested my hard earned cash in some cleaning stuff and the result was amazing :shock: . I couldn't believe how much difference a wash, clay, polish and wax could make, hard work but worth it. I had thought about getting a detailer to get it up to a standard but I wanted to find out about the car, all its marks etc.

When I bought the car the paint work looked immaculate but I think they just plied the body coloured wax to cover all the usual chips and marks but it still looks pretty good for a 10 year old car.

By the time I finished the clay block was full of muck and I am not sure whether I should use it again or just bin it. Any advice?

This is the first car for many years that's for me, not for the brood, and going by the couple of times the wife and I have been out in it this is going to be money well spent. One happy Z owner :D !

Not sure I've added the photos properly, this is all new to me.

Cheers,

Taff
Last edited by TaffDaddy on Sun 05 Sep, 2010 13:43, edited 1 time in total.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Taff,no pics showing :bawl:

You can follow this guide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMtjCSiL1jo
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
TaffDaddy

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by TaffDaddy »

Thanks vm Jonttt. Think it works now.
simon-g

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by simon-g »

No dont reuse the clay bar once you have finished with it, chuck it.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Clay bars can be reused if not much contamination on them but otherwise should be thrown :wink: (nb make sure you keep kneeding them in your hand during use)
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster