New LHD Z3 Coupe 3.0 Automatic

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
Richardenigma

M coupe S52

New LHD Z3 Coupe 3.0 Automatic

Post by Richardenigma »

Been saving forever to ensure that when I found a 2002 White Z3 Coupe 3.0 Automatic I could get it...and in November last year I found the right one in Japan and managed to negotiate a fair price for it.

He arrived last week and has had his VOSA IVA which he failed simply because the VIN plate has been 'peeled off' (The inspector mentioned he had another Z3 with the same issue) and BMW are now getting me a replacement so I can apply it and after a quick re-inspection get him registered and then on the road.

The reason this car is a 'He' is because it's my wife's birthday present whereas my Z3 is a 'She'...

He's just done over 15,000 miles and is an early 2002 model...I've changed the 'gills' (thanks Lazeodoom) and the wheels (Thanks KERMIT1970 - told you the wheels were for something special)...I realise that he is sporting an 'M' badge which he shouldn't have (although mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery) but haven't got round to thinking about the legitimacy yet!

Need to get some cleaning done under the bonnet which is the next task but thought I'd share where we are at the moment and similar to a previous thread ask if anyone has a name to suggest for him? My (also white) M Roadster is called Albino so probably not that name!

Here are the pics anyway starting with one from when he was for sale in Japan:

Looking forward to taking him out for his inaugural trip... :)
Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Orinoco »

Hi
Very nice indeed.

Ice 8-) seems appropriate as I look out at the snow and ice on my patio!

Regards
Orinoco
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

I love that!

But I am a little biased, I nearly got a white Z3 2.8 before I got my LHD coupe.

If you find the right size carbon boot badge let me know, or get 2 and i'll refund you!

Great looking car well done!

we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Name Game

Post by Hard Top »

How about 'Minstrel' as in the "Black and White Minstrels" :idea:

Non PC, I know, but who gives a :roll:

HT :)
HT

Titan's apprentice. :D
Titan wrote:Occupations ?
Official Devil's Advocate :devil:
Leg Puller
Micky Taker
http://www.lde.nu/index.htm
Richardenigma

M coupe S52

Post by Richardenigma »

Orinocco - thanks and great name...snowless down here in Bristol!

Spurs fan - I confess that it was your use of black wheels and gills on your coupe that gave me the idea for him...

HT - great name suggestion thanks very much :) captures both colours
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

I love it, looks great!

Alpine white suits the lines of the coupe perfectly!

Do you plan to fit a square front plate, or buy a UK-spec plate mount? If you have no use for the current square front plate mount let me know! 8-)
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Looks great, the colour is spot on :thumb:

Would benefit from ///M mirrors and a 30mm suspension drop IMO.
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
jayson f

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by jayson f »

Wow a very nice looking car, was it hard to find ? i never seem to see these up for sale.
Richardenigma

M coupe S52

Post by Richardenigma »

Jayson - I got this at a Japanese auction using an excellent company based in Japan...if you want the details PM me and I'll let you have them.
J1SUA

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by J1SUA »

That is stunning, like it a lot, will you be getting black grills and black decals to continue the theme?

@Spurs fan member - Do you play for Knaphill? Saw your car in the car park (I was the right back for Hambledon)
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

J1SUA

Yes I do play for Knaphill, I play center back. That was a tough game against you guys 1-1?

As for the white coupe, I would say the ///M mirrors too, but I'm struggling to get hold of a LHD set for a decent price. I changed the rear boot grip to a matt black one and the front kidney grilles too for some cheap ones from Taiwan. Also put carbon badges on side grilles etc but as I said still struggling for the right one for the boot!
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
soma

M coupe S50

Post by soma »

Love the colour....wheels and window tint make 'him' look the business...all he needs is a lowering kit. 8-)
1999 Cosmos Black MCoupe - 1 of only 27 original Australian imports
mooney

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mooney »

Spotted a black z3 coupe 3.0 in sete yesterday.
I had never seen one before, and didn't know they existed, as I just assumed they were all M Coupes.

Is there much difference on the inside compared to the roadster?
OXO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: New LHD Z3 Coupe 3.0 Automatic

Post by OXO »

He arrived last week and has had his VOSA IVA which he failed simply because the VIN plate has been 'peeled off' (The inspector mentioned he had another Z3 with the same issue) and BMW are now getting me a replacement so I can apply it and after a quick re-inspection get him registered and then on the road.
What was involved in getting a replacement VIN plate from BMW? I have emailed BMW uk a long time ago, and got no reply.
Richardenigma

M coupe S52

Post by Richardenigma »

Go to your nearest BMW main dealer and speak to the service manager. He/She can order a new one for you. That's all I did.
2002 Z3 Coupe 3.0i Auto LHD 1999 Z3M Roadster RHD
OXO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by OXO »

Did you have to show the old one, or the registration document?
Richardenigma

M coupe S52

Post by Richardenigma »

I took all the importation documentation including the receipt for the customs duty I paid, copy of the bill of sale and the bill of lading. Being honest I'm not sure any of it was really needed but I can't remember so better be safe than sorry. The BMW Main Dealer I used was Dick Lovett in Bristol. Here are the contact details for the service department in case they can help you or help your main BMW dealer if they profess ignorance about how to do it:

Laurel Court
Cribbs Causeway
Bristol
South Gloucestershire
BS10 7TU
Tel:0117 905 0035

Good luck.
2002 Z3 Coupe 3.0i Auto LHD 1999 Z3M Roadster RHD