Vanne's Z3 98 1.9 In christchurch

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
Vanne

Z3 coupe 2.8

Vanne's Z3 98 1.9 In christchurch

Post by Vanne »

Hi everyone, budding new Z3 owner, and av been enjoying the roads fir the last 2weeks. It's been real good and the Z goes great. Alright enough talk, here are the pics.

:wink:
:D

More to come. And improvements I can make that you guys could recommend? Also anyone know what performance package this would be? Loving the Z so far. : )

:D
Last edited by Vanne on Sat 08 Oct, 2011 06:29, edited 1 time in total.
XVar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by XVar »

Welcome to the forum, I see you decided to get the best colour Z :D As for improvements I'd say angel eye headlights and clear indicator lenses, they make the car look about 10 years younger. It's one of the next things I plan to do to mine (my thread is a few further down in the gallery).
1997 2.8 Z3 | Gallery Thread
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Hi Vanne and welcome to the forum :wave
I agree with the de-tango suggestion and that exhaust tip looks like it could do with some attention :oops:
After that, the sky's the limit - as I'm sure you know :wink:
Image :devil:
Jamezee

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Jamezee »

Greetings Vanne,

Load's of info on here and if you can't find the answer just ask, we are a friendly bunch (in the main) :)
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. Harry Callahan.

BMW dust caps x 4 (replica)
Little Tree Air Freshener-Vanillaroma (now worn out and in the bin)
2006 AA road atlas (with the latest safety cameras)
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

Hi Vanne & welcome.

Where about's are you from in the Netherlands?
My OH has family in Martinborough, we have never been there though.

These are a good bunch as well. http://www.z3forum.nl/index.php?act=home
HT

Titan's apprentice. :D
Titan wrote:Occupations ?
Official Devil's Advocate :devil:
Leg Puller
Micky Taker
http://www.lde.nu/index.htm
Vanne

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by Vanne »

Hi ya Everyone, thanks for the responces: Yeah, that exhaust tip look crap, but it doesnt look like its supposed to have chrome on it. (i scratched some of the black stuff off and its just mild steel underneath) should i grab a chrome tip for it?

Yeah, my family lives in Deurne (down in the south near Eindhoven), though ive spent most of my life in Australia (which i call home :)

not many Z's in Aus, though maybe cos i haven't noticed them much before. Depending on what return i will get when i leave NZ (new Zealand) i may end up putting the girl on the boat back to AUS. And if thats the case, then i will be keeping her for a long time. (though most likely she will become my wife's car, while I look for a Z3M to do up :)

Unless i am sure that i will keep her, iam going to keep spending down, and then if i do keep her, ill do most of the mods mentioned here in the forums. Esp roll bars, that is properly the first thing i would do.

I payed quite a bit for this car, proberly above what it would cost in the states, but its in mint nick, cept a few stone chips here and there but that cant be helped. so i would spend around bout 800nz to send her back home. but we will see what happens with my job and so on first.

Loving the Zee s far :)

V.
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Vanne wrote: Yeah, that exhaust tip look crap, but it doesnt look like its supposed to have chrome on it. (i scratched some of the black stuff off and its just mild steel underneath) should i grab a chrome tip for it?
Chrome tips are a telescopic slide over tube with a grub screw/bolt retainer.
A cheap and cheerful solution would be to simply paint it black with engine enamel or similar ;)

I believe Oz are a bit funny regarding car imports - there was (is?) a forum member who shipped a Z from the UK but it had to stripped into at least three separate containers viz engine/body/rear axle :shock:
Image :devil:
Vanne

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by Vanne »

quick question on tires, i just had a look and on mine its got:

245/40Zr17 rear and
225/45Zr17 on the front

is that standard or staggered? also would it be worth while getting a 5-8 mill spacer for the back?

cheers
Z3Topaz22

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Z3Topaz22 »

Hi Vanne

Looks like a good car you have there, I won't get drawn into the colour discussion as the Z3 is a great looker whatever the colour.

Yes is the answer to your question, your wheels are staggered with the rears being wider than the fronts. The spacer question is all about personal choice.

Glad you are enjoying it

Cheers :thumb:
Driving for pleasure.... not for purpose!

2001/Y BMW Z3 2.2i Roadster / Topaz Blue

ImageImageImageImage
Vanne

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by Vanne »

Well there you have it, one a good note though, I spent about 3 hours cleaning the rims today and the car now looks awesome again!!! :D
Last edited by Vanne on Sat 08 Oct, 2011 06:36, edited 1 time in total.
Vanne

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by Vanne »

Heh actually, just looking at the first photos I put up, on one of the pics you can see evidence of the same crack... I think... Funny how I did not see that before... Eitherway the question still stands how to fix it best?

Cheers!!! :dunce:
Ekhangell

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Ekhangell »

Funny, I've got almost an identical crack on my front bumper as well, the same side, the same shape of the crack. I don't even know when I got it. Joining to the question.
I'm not a native speaker; sorry for eventual spelling/grammar mistakes.

1996 1.9 - old and shitty, but still Z3!
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

HT

Leg Puller
Micky Taker
J1SUA

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by J1SUA »

You might be able to glue it back together. Depends how bad it is. Otherwise I'd suggest some fibre glass on the inside of the bumper and possible some under where not visible then sand down and apply a touch of red

But suggest you do something as soon as incase you hit a bump again and completely kill the bumper
Vanne

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by Vanne »

Am going to give 2pack areoldite a go first.. As long as it doesn't get any worse... Kinda annoyed though..
Vanne

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by Vanne »

okay, kinda end of an era for us (both me and my wife) as we sold the Red Zed today... *sigh* we didnt want to let her go, but as we are moving to Dubai, its not worthwhile shipping her across..

A lovely girl came and took her to her new home. Hope she will have as much fun in the Zed as we did.. Its been a great little car and mechanically A1. Cant fault it...

anyways, if she does show up here in the forums, please make her feel welcome.

Regards

Vanne
Ps, now looking possible for a Z4 or a Z3M Coupe in Dubai...
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

Here you go.

http://www.autotraderuae.com/index.php? ... r_id=38614

Hope you have fun in the sand pit :!:
By the way, are you in the oil & gas biz?
HT

Leg Puller
Micky Taker
Vanne

Z3 coupe 2.8

Re: Vanne's Z3 98 1.9 In christchurch

Post by Vanne »

Nope, not oil n gas..