Zi's marmite Z3.... Now on corvette rims :)

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
zibomb

Z3 roadster 2.8

Zi's marmite Z3.... Now on corvette rims :)

Post by zibomb »

Hi there all,
Just been lurking around the forum for a few weeks while i was finding a Z3. Such a big database on info on this forum thanks to you all.

Well i used to have a golf that went through a fair few different looks. this was its last look...

Then decided to buy this beaut 4 weeks ago its a 2.8 as im 22 and insurance wouldn't touch me on anything bigger. Absolutely love the car!

Ordered some coilovers and some powerflex bush's the day i bought it then got my self some image HT's and got a cat back exhaust system a couple of weeks later

http://www.lowlifeuk.com/automotive/trial-by-bmw/

A few touch's and this is what it looks like now...

http://www.lowlifeuk.com/automotive/lowlife-meet-pt-1/

Just had it back from a detail and dropped the rear down so hoping to get out for some more shots this weekend.

I know this car isnt for every one but all comments welcome :)
Thanks for looking Zi
Last edited by zibomb on Tue 11 Jun, 2013 18:20, edited 7 times in total.
si-forks

Z3 roadster 1.9

car

Post by si-forks »

Welcome to the forum :lol: as they say by me your car is mint :D I love it. nice to see the z is getting some younger fans, wheels and the car slammed ( I think that's what you youngster call it ) is all you need for a great look :wink: what coil overs did you use and what is the drop? Got to get my ass in gear and do mine . Again great looking car 8-)
E30 318 1988 Gone
E36 320 1992 Gone

E36 328 1995 write off

E39 525d M Sport 2003 Current
E37 Z3 M44B1.9 1997 Current
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Welcome !!

Very Nice Zi... 8-)

I like it..

Id be very careful with your front rims!! They look like prime kerb catchers!!
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
Daz3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Daz3 »

hi zibomb welcome to the club! Thats a cool looking zed you've got there them image rims work really well :thumb:
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Nice stance! They look so good slammed and the front bumper smoothed. Quite a few euro folk seem to be moving over to the z's now (me included). The golf on banded steels looked cool too

Only thing I don't like about the z is the low dailys style sticker, it never looked that good imo. What specs are the wheels?
Last edited by shantybeater on Sat 20 Aug, 2011 08:44, edited 1 time in total.
macca

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by macca »

Welcome, those wheels make the car look great. Look forward to seeing some more pics
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Nice work Zi, love the wheels :thumb:
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
Naeem.m

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Naeem.m »

Welcome Zibomb - the image Ht's look Gorgeous with drop. Always loved the gold centres on any BBS style rim especially with deeper dishes. I laughed when I saw your vid of you at Bicester village. I did the exact same thing in the car park with my Zed to test the sound of my supersprint but just forgot to record it :lol:

Car looks awesome :wink:
zibomb

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by zibomb »

si-forks wrote:Welcome to the forum :lol: as they say by me your car is mint :D I love it. nice to see the z is getting some younger fans, wheels and the car slammed ( I think that's what you youngster call it ) is all you need for a great look :wink: what coil overs did you use and what is the drop? Got to get my ass in gear and do mine . Again great looking car 8-)
Thanks for the welcome. Thanks alot was wary at making it different as alot of other bmw forums are snobby if its not oem but glad a few of you like it.

Im yet to see someone young driving a z3 but as i live in oxfordshire i cant see it happening soon :) That's right that is indeed what we call it. The coilies are the cheap basic ones off ebay. I ddnt want to spend too much on them as I did not expect to get this far in so few weeks but my modding bug got me :D
not too sure on the drop the fronts have the helper springs removed and still have around 30mm to wind down but the brace will be sitting on the floor. the rear springs I have need replacing Ive taken the adjusters out and it sits right now but I need a much harder spring rating. If you need any info ill be glad to help out. :thumb:
Z3cade wrote:Welcome !!

Very Nice Zi... 8-)

I like it..

Id be very careful with your front rims!! They look like prime kerb catchers!!
Thanks alot fella. Having previously owning splits im careful as ever but have a slight flat spot in 1 from a pot hole already :( im mostly worried about the rears as the wings are so wide ive come close a few times.
Daz3 wrote:hi zibomb welcome to the club! Thats a cool looking zed you've got there them image rims work really well :thumb:
Thanks for the welcome. Glad you like it :)
shantybeater wrote:Nice stance! They look so good slammed and the front bumper smoothed. Quite a few euro folk seem to be moving over to the z's now (me included). The golf on banded steels looked cool too

Only thing I don't like about the z is the low dailys style sticker, it never looked that good imo. What specs are the wheels?
Thanks man I ddnt realise how much potential these have. much rather this then the usual change over to mx5's :head: nice what did you have before the Z? Thanks it went through alot of looks in its time with me.
it is very marmite but i like it. Its the blog im with slogan so have to run it :)
Not too sure on wheel specs as bought them off some one who had them made but ended up selling them. all i can tell you atm is there 8.5j all round with 2" dish all round and i would predict an offset of et15 but not sure at all. would like to find out but being custom made id have to go to image to find out. need more rear dish though :)
macca wrote:Welcome, those wheels make the car look great. Look forward to seeing some more pics
Thanks alot. will try and get some this weekend :)
myredzed wrote:Nice work Zi, love the wheels :thumb:
Thanks alot :D
Naeem.m wrote:Welcome Zibomb - the image Ht's look Gorgeous with drop. Always loved the gold centres on any BBS style rim especially with deeper dishes. I laughed when I saw your vid of you at Bicester village. I did the exact same thing in the car park with my Zed to test the sound of my supersprint but just forgot to record it :lol:

Car looks awesome :wink:
Cheers fella glad you like it. I wanted to try something a bit different to the normal and what I liked most importantly!! the rears arent dishy enough for me need them deeper :lol:
I dont blame you at all. its a nice covered space and makes a great sound greater plus i live a few miles from there :)
zibomb

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by zibomb »

Thought i'd make a small list of the things ive done to the car so far...
-Changed sidelight/sidemarkers to orange
-Removed the monster front plate mount
-Removed the z3 badge at rear
-Cat back exhaust system
-Coilovers
-Camber adjustable front top mounts to gets the fronts in the arch
-Rear arches rolled
-Image HT rims
-Black front kidney grills
-Deep dish suede Steering wheel
-Mad Fuel nozzle gear shifter :)
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Your car looks very smart :D
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Dave'z3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Dave'z3 »

Welcome to the forum!

Car looks awesome, wish I had the nuts (and bolts) to drive a car that low. How do you manage to drive from A to B without bottoming out over every speed bump and pothole?

I like it!

Being 24 myself, it's nice to see more young owners :D

Regards,

Dave
Factor 30? Check! Keys? Check! Grin? Check!

Progress/Damage report: http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 784#310784
Photo thread: http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=
Sorry if this is cheeky, but Business venture: http://www.fixtechsolutions.com
J1SUA

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by J1SUA »

My new fave Z! Love it

Z3 1.9 | 17" ACS Style 2s refurbed in grey/silver | Debadged | New Rear Window | Retro fitted Fog lights | HID kit | Clarion slim sub | Clear side indicators | Colour coded handles | Halo Front lights | Hardtop | Winter 15" Style 27s on Vredestein Wintrax
zibomb

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by zibomb »

garythefish wrote:Your car looks very smart :D
Thanks alot :)
Dave'z3 wrote:Welcome to the forum!

Car looks awesome, wish I had the nuts (and bolts) to drive a car that low. How do you manage to drive from A to B without bottoming out over every speed bump and pothole?

I like it!

Being 24 myself, it's nice to see more young owners :D

Regards,

Dave
Cheers fella, does require a certain loose screw to drive it this low :lol: having a previous low car for 3 years im used to it. to get from A-B does require skill and a detour if humps are on route.
Im fairly used to dodging potholes its just night time driving you cant see them. i find the cross strut brace catches the ground alot as it is the lowest point.
Good to see im not the only young owner :)
J1SUA wrote:My new fave Z! Love it
Wow thanks alot man :D
LookinFoolish

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by LookinFoolish »

looks nice, i'm 21. Dread to think your insurance on this... i've got a 1.9 and it costs a fortune insurance-wise!

I really don't understand why some people slate the 1.9 - it really is a great car... certainly isn't sluggish, but lets be honest, you don't really buy a Z for speed, its about the badge and the look! 8-)
1997 BMW Z3 1.9l
hornel Z3M

blank

z

Post by hornel Z3M »

Very impressed what you have done so quickly. Keep up the good work :wink: And welcome
Jonesy

Not specified

Post by Jonesy »

there are a few of us youngsters around. i'm 21 and from cambridge so not miles away from you. car looks great, just had mine lowered and i was worried about a 45mm drop on the front lol

luke
Luke Jones

zibomb

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by zibomb »

LookinFoolish wrote:looks nice, i'm 21. Dread to think your insurance on this... i've got a 1.9 and it costs a fortune insurance-wise!

I really don't understand why some people slate the 1.9 - it really is a great car... certainly isn't sluggish, but lets be honest, you don't really buy a Z for speed, its about the badge and the look! 8-)
My insurance quotes were higher in a 1.9 believe it or not. This may because its the most common engine and there's more accidents in the 1.9 not sure at all. :?
I cant say anything about the 1.9 ive never driven one before but a friend had a 1.9 e30 he used for drifting and said it was fine for that and more fun then a lazy powered car as it made you work harder. Very true the 2.8 is not bad powered but I wouldn't have got 1 if I wanted one just for speed and power.
hornel Z3M wrote:Very impressed what you have done so quickly. Keep up the good work :wink: And welcome
Thanks alot i am very suprised at smoothly and quickly its gone but its in my blood :D
Jonesy wrote:there are a few of us youngsters around. i'm 21 and from cambridge so not miles away from you. car looks great, just had mine lowered and i was worried about a 45mm drop on the front lol

luke
Thats good to hear. No not at all I used to travel there alot in the golf. Thanks alot man. how does it sit at that height? I love driving as low as can be, it just means i have to keep eyes on the road constantly :) My golf was lower though i used to catch cat eyes overtaking cars :lol:
Jonesy

Not specified

Post by Jonesy »

Its pretty good. Looks like it should have come like it from the factory. Tbh was expecting it a little lower will post up some pics soon in the gallery
Luke

EDIT: pictures as promised http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 373#303373
Luke Jones

Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

LookinFoolish wrote:........ but lets be honest, you don't really buy a Z for speed ........
:twisted: :drive

Welcome on board, being an old fogy now I don't usually go for poke and stretch ......... but I love it, those wheels are damn sexy and if you can live with the drive the stance is fantastic :thumb:

The only thing i would lose would the windscreen sticker it just looks naff and spoils the car for me :wink:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

Jonttt wrote:
LookinFoolish wrote:........ but lets be honest, you don't really buy a Z for speed ........

Welcome on board, being an old fogy now I don't usually go for poke and stretch ......... but I love it, those wheels are damn sexy and if you can live with the drive the stance is fantastic :thumb:

The only thing i would lose would the windscreen sticker it just looks naff and spoils the car for me :wink:
+1
HT

Titan's apprentice. :D
Titan wrote:Occupations ?
Official Devil's Advocate :devil:
Leg Puller
Micky Taker
http://www.lde.nu/index.htm
zibomb

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by zibomb »

Jonttt wrote:

Thanks alot for the kind comments. I love driving it like this I couldn't put myself to raise it and im soo happy with the wheels its a shame most z3's ive seen get put on 18's most of the time id like to see some on 17's.
Im afraid the windscreen decal is staying i will have to photoshop it off :)
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

[quote="zibomb"]
Thanks man I ddnt realise how much potential these have. much rather this then the usual change over to mx5's :head: nice what did you have before the Z? Thanks it went through alot of looks in its time with me.
it is very marmite but i like it. Its the blog im with slogan so have to run it :)
Not too sure on wheel specs as bought them off some one who had them made but ended up selling them. all i can tell you atm is there 8.5j all round with 2" dish all round and i would predict an offset of et15 but not sure at all. would like to find out but being custom made id have to go to image to find out. need more rear dish though :)
[\quote]

Yeah true a lot of people over on ed38 go for mx5's, good little cars but the engine choice is a bit weedy imo, not sure why the Z isn't more popular really, its got a lot going for it.

Cars before were a 6n polo then a 6n2 gti wound right down on coilies with staggered BBS RM's , then I got the power bug and had two mk3 ibiza cupras one running 330hp, now I've had two z3ms and can't get enough!!

If you want more dish try and find a scrapped z3m, the rear axle allows for a much lower offset, infact as far as I'm aware it has the lowest stock offset (9" et9)of any BMW and people have run up to 12.5" rims et10ish with NO stretch, a lot is possible!!
zibomb

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by zibomb »

shantybeater wrote:
zibomb wrote: Thanks man I ddnt realise how much potential these have. much rather this then the usual change over to mx5's :head: nice what did you have before the Z? Thanks it went through alot of looks in its time with me.
[\quote]

Yeah true a lot of people over on ed38 go for mx5's, good little cars but the engine choice is a bit weedy imo, not sure why the Z isn't more popular really, its got a lot going for it.

Cars before were a 6n polo then a 6n2 gti wound right down on coilies with staggered BBS RM's , then I got the power bug and had two mk3 ibiza cupras one running 330hp, now I've had two z3ms and can't get enough!!

If you want more dish try and find a scrapped z3m, the rear axle allows for a much lower offset, infact as far as I'm aware it has the lowest stock offset (9" et9)of any BMW and people have run up to 12.5" rims et10ish with NO stretch, a lot is possible!!
They only go for mx5's because theyve become scene other wise they would still be never looked upon.
Nice range of vags you had i did nearly go for a cupra at one point. I dont blame you i did really want a z3m.
Thanks for that i shall have a look around and see what I can find. that is a lot of wheel tucked under there. One thing i am glad about is getting the wide body z3. i was behind a narrow body and it doesn't look nice at all. makes such a difference.
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

zibomb wrote:One thing i am glad about is getting the wide body z3. i was behind a narrow body and it doesn't look nice at all. makes such a difference.
Oy, some blokes just don't like a fat ass on their pride and joy.
HT

Titan's apprentice. :D
Titan wrote:Occupations ?
Official Devil's Advocate :devil:
Leg Puller
Micky Taker
http://www.lde.nu/index.htm
zibomb

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by zibomb »

Hard Top wrote:
zibomb wrote:One thing i am glad about is getting the wide body z3. i was behind a narrow body and it doesn't look nice at all. makes such a difference.
Oy, some blokes just don't like a fat ass on their pride and joy.
Just aswell bmw made the best of both.
zibomb

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by zibomb »

a few shots from Players 5.0 show

And the marmite mod...

http://www.lowlifeuk.com/automotive/players-5-0/

Cheers for looking..
si-forks

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by si-forks »

:) still love your car keep up the good work :) :)
E30 318 1988 Gone
E36 320 1992 Gone

E36 328 1995 write off

E39 525d M Sport 2003 Current
E37 Z3 M44B1.9 1997 Current
Gixerthou

blank.gif

Post by Gixerthou »

Quite a sweet car. Not feeling the petrol pump nozzle though :wink:
peterandjenny

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by peterandjenny »

Nice car , was one of the pictures in mk ?
Dolfan

M roadster S50

Post by Dolfan »

peterandjenny wrote:Nice car , was one of the pictures in mk ?
Looks like Central MK

peterandjenny

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by peterandjenny »

Should we have a mk meetup sometime ?
Saw a z8 in furzton yesterday
zibomb

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by zibomb »

Dolfan wrote:
peterandjenny wrote:Nice car , was one of the pictures in mk ?
Looks like Central MK
peterandjenny wrote:Should we have a mk meetup sometime ?
Saw a z8 in furzton yesterday
That was in MK im over there every now and then.
Think thats a good idea ill be there definitely . I've not seen a z8 for a very long time.
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Nice motor and an, erm interesting gear stick!

Keep up the good work.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Its a welcome to the forum from me too :wave

Not sure about the gear stick :shock: and what is that red thing on your front bumper?

You have obviously good taste = Best Colour, and Black nose grills, they suit the black zeds so well and the stance looks absolutely brilliant. Mine was lowered before i bought him so not sure what he has fitted but love the ride height. Ive toned mine down totally and got rid off the 'extra colours'.

'Happy Zedding -

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage
zibomb

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by zibomb »

stu wrote:Nice motor and an, erm interesting gear stick!

Keep up the good work.
thanks and it is rather different
seasurfer wrote:Its a welcome to the forum from me too :wave

Not sure about the gear stick :shock: and what is that red thing on your front bumper?

You have obviously good taste = Best Colour, and Black nose grills, they suit the black zeds so well and the stance looks absolutely brilliant. Mine was lowered before i bought him so not sure what he has fitted but love the ride height. Ive toned mine down totally and got rid off the 'extra colours'.

'Happy Zedding -

Gill
:)

Thank you for the welcome.
Its very marmite but I love it. Its a tow hook my previous car went though some sumps and driveshafts so decided to keep it and screw it into the tow hook thread. I know the cars not for everyone but i like every bit of it. :)

Cant stand the chrome grills/handles all that halfords tat, so i had to get rid of the grill. Thanks I am not too happy with how it sits as it is. I would like the front to go down a few more mm and to camber the fronts in a slight bit more. The rear I need harder rated rear springs and will get bigger rear outer dish's and a better tyre fitment.

Yours does sit nicely you should be glad you bought him lowered. The standard suspension should not be on anything sporty. I do like the all black theme nearly murdered out just the wheels. :) I would like black carpets in mine but like the black/tan contrast.

cheers
zibomb

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by zibomb »

Another shot from players, this one showing how crazy the standard rear negative camber is..

And another from a drive to see some old friends yesterday.
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Hi zibomb, nice photos again. Is that really your gear stick or is it photoshoped :D

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

seasurfer wrote:Is that really your gear stick or is it photoshoped :D
It must be a real petrol nozzle hence the need for the air freshener :roll:
Image :devil:
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

zibomb wrote:Image

Hmmm .....Isn't that petrol pump behind the car missing its nozzle?

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
zibomb

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by zibomb »

seasurfer wrote:Hi zibomb, nice photos again. Is that really your gear stick or is it photoshoped :D

Gill
thanks alot luckily I took none of them as i am useless with a camera. It honestly is my gear stick :) any way you want me to prove it? :)
Titan wrote:
seasurfer wrote:Is that really your gear stick or is it photoshoped :D
It must be a real petrol nozzle hence the need for the air freshener :roll:
The pump does make a good air freshener holder. :lol:
gookah wrote:

Hmmm .....Isn't that petrol pump behind the car missing its nozzle?
They all are. its now used as a car park so saved 1 as they were being chucked away.
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Is that scarf wrapped around the bottom of it to stop the drips or to stop scratching the consol :D

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Nice wheels... Will you run them through winter?
zibomb

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by zibomb »

seasurfer wrote:Is that scarf wrapped around the bottom of it to stop the drips or to stop scratching the consol :D

Gill
has a slight leak in 3rd :wink:
yalden wrote:Nice wheels... Will you run them through winter?
Cheers chap, no just summer wheels. had some splits on the golf in winter and had enough of polishing rims evey week. ill just run any wheels in the winter.
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Its a lovely zed with your own touch.. But i think we all want to know how the hell do you change gear with that for a gear knob????
which part do you hold?
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Id like to know if it would pass an mot, and is it declared on your insurance :D Im still bewildered if its actually on the car - maybe your have a play with us all :wink: and thats the 'point'

Gill :wink:
[/url]
ImageImageImage
swamper

M roadster S50

Post by swamper »

seasurfer wrote:Id like to know if it would pass an mot, and is it declared on your insurance :D Im still bewildered if its actually on the car - maybe your have a play with us all :wink: and thats the 'point'

you mean a wind up Gill...........on here...........surly not...its unheard of :!:
the badness makes me do it...!

zibomb

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by zibomb »

Z3cade wrote:Its a lovely zed with your own touch.. But i think we all want to know how the hell do you change gear with that for a gear knob????
which part do you hold?
Thanks alot its taken a bit of thinking. its so easy to change gear, I hold the highest point and shift. I have got a short shift that I need to fit to see if it will reduce the travel much. Its less effort then a standard gear height being the pump at steering wheel height.

you think mines too high, this is the one in a mates bugeye impreza...

seasurfer wrote:Id like to know if it would pass an mot, and is it declared on your insurance :D Im still bewildered if its actually on the car - maybe your have a play with us all :wink: and thats the 'point'

I dont see why it wont pass its on securely and ive found it ok to use. Not yet as it never even came across my mind all the other bits I declared before i even had the car :)
I will take a video of me driving with it on if I'm out in it this weekend.
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

zibomb wrote: I will take a video of me driving with it on if I'm out in it this weekend.
I need to see this....
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

shantybeater wrote:
zibomb wrote: I will take a video of me driving with it on if I'm out in it this weekend.
I need to see this....
Me too... :shock: