Showroom Shine Zeddy Pics :o)

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Showroom Shine Zeddy Pics :o)

Post by TitanTim »

Hi all,

Decided to give the Zed the Greased Lightening Showroom Shine wax treatment after being impressed using it on the 1 Series the other week. Quite pleased with the results but what I love with this stuff is the ease of use and no effort in buffing off :)

Anyways some piccies,

Still unsure if a Z4 is the way to go :? :shrug

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
hornel Z3M

blank

z

Post by hornel Z3M »

I dont know about showroom shine, it looks like it has just come out of a showroom, does it go on the road much. :shock:
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: z

Post by TitanTim »

hornel Z3M wrote:I dont know about showroom shine, it looks like it has just come out of a showroom, does it go on the road much. :shock:
Haha I have just e-mailed you Paul, ummmm well of course it does for 6 months of the year :oops: :oops:

Tim.
Daz3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Daz3 »

Wow thats a real nice looking zed just one question though whats the oven mitt things on the seats? :D
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Daz3 wrote:Wow thats a real nice looking zed just one question though whats the oven mitt things on the seats? :D
Cheers Daz, haha well theyre for the other half to slip on in case of a flat :lol:

Real reason, yes they look naff but theyre great for stopping the zips of trousers etc wrecking the leather :lol: Theyre supposed to be seat pads for your dog to sit on :lol:

Tim.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

have you tried the car on the road yet.....

looking nice there Tim...
but keep it and have a Z4 as well,.... not a coop though.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

gookah wrote:have you tried the car on the road yet.....

looking nice there Tim...
but keep it and have a Z4 as well,.... not a coop though.
Cheers gookah, well thats a thought but would have to trade the 1er in :shock: but my local friendly stealer does have this in.........

35k showing, fully loaded :lol:

What were you saying :head: :D

Tim.
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

The z looks good Tim, just make sure you are ready to sell her, too many times I've sold a car later to regret it

Did you clean first or spray on this stuff to dirty paintwork? I'm still sceptical about it to be honest! Can't see how it works as well as a good layer of wax buffed up!

Also the door protectors you have, where did you get them from? I can't say I've seen them before but the z now sleeps in a tight garage so they will give a bit of piece of mind (rather than hanging carpet on the wall - my original plan!)
Last edited by shantybeater on Sun 21 Aug, 2011 22:19, edited 1 time in total.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

shantybeater wrote:The z looks good Tim, just make sure you are ready to sell her, too many times I've sold a car later to regret it

Did you clean first or spray on this stuff to dirty paintwork? I'm still sceptical about it to be honest! Can't see how it works as well as a good layer of wax buffed up!
Thanks Shanty, I believe it really does work without damaging the paintwork when dirty, but like you it just doesnt seem right to go polishing a dirty car :shock: the wax contains emulsifants which encapsulates the dirt and lifts it away from the paint, how I don't know but thats the theory. Anyways I would only use on a clean car purely as a wax.

I just kept thinking as I was buffing away it would be a great shame to sell, just not sure I could to be honest. Funny when doing something like polishing your car can renew your enthusiasm for it :lol:

Tim.
Jamezee

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Jamezee »

How can your paintwork be damaged? I don't think that car has seen a road nor rain. Lucky car. Mine is outside 24/7 52 weeks a year and is driven daily.
I do enjoy it though :) :) :) :)
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. Harry Callahan.

BMW dust caps x 4 (replica)
Little Tree Air Freshener-Vanillaroma (now worn out and in the bin)
2006 AA road atlas (with the latest safety cameras)
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Jamezee wrote:How can your paintwork be damaged? I don't think that car has seen a road nor rain. Lucky car. Mine is outside 24/7 52 weeks a year and is driven daily.
I do enjoy it though :) :) :) :)
Hi Jamezee, sorry maybe my bad explanation previously, paintwork has never been damaged lol but the showroom shine is a waterless wash and product which supposed to clean dirty paintwork without causing swirls scratches etc :lol:

Tim.
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

gookah wrote: but keep it and have a Z4 as well,.... not a coop though.
looks great Tim but i do agree with Gookah. :D

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

TitanTim wrote:
shantybeater wrote:The z looks good Tim, just make sure you are ready to sell her, too many times I've sold a car later to regret it

Thanks Shanty, I believe it really does work without damaging the paintwork when dirty, but like you it just doesnt seem right to go polishing a dirty car :shock: the wax contains emulsifants which encapsulates the dirt and lifts it away from the paint, how I don't know but thats the theory. Anyways I would only use on a clean car purely as a wax.

I just kept thinking as I was buffing away it would be a great shame to sell, just not sure I could to be honest. Funny when doing something like polishing your car can renew your enthusiasm for it :lol:

Tim.
Right then I'll give it a shot as a quick wax solution.

I know what you mean about polishing your car, every time I do mine it suprises me how good it looks especially for a 9 year old! Make sure you take an s54 z3m out before you commit to the z4m though just to rule it out of your mind. I think the two are like chalk and cheese, the 3 is much less refined and more of an event!, and you might miss this. it would be nice to know 1 of the 73 was being pampered so well ;) the subframe issues shouldn't put you off, the s54 has a stronger diff mount, mine looks spotless. Every car has its problems which may arise, the z4m for example has the later s54 engine which is renowned for loose cam bolts dropping into the engine causing catastrophic failure!
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

shantybeater wrote:
TitanTim wrote:

Tim.
Right then I'll give it a shot as a quick wax solution.

I know what you mean about polishing your car, every time I do mine it suprises me how good it looks especially for a 9 year old! Make sure you take an s54 z3m out before you commit to the z4m though just to rule it out of your mind. I think the two are like chalk and cheese, the 3 is much less refined and more of an event!, and you might miss this. it would be nice to know 1 of the 73 was being pampered so well ;) the subframe issues shouldn't put you off, the s54 has a stronger diff mount, mine looks spotless. Every car has its problems which may arise, the z4m for example has the later s54 engine which is renowned for loose cam bolts dropping into the engine causing catastrophic failure!
Cheers Shanty, I got my bottles of Showroom Shine from Ideal World,

http://www.idealworld.tv/_168783.aspx

They will last absolutely ages if just doing the one car but useful for doing windows and stuff, go for the microfibre clothes as theyre very good and easily washable.

I think I really have to try a Z3M sometime to make my mind up, I do like the Z4 but the reason I went for a Z3 in the first place was purely on the retro looks :lol: obviously the Z4 moved away from that look with the Flame design. I didn't know about about the stronger diff mount on the S54 which is a bit more reasuring so thatnks for that. I think I might bide my time over winter and see what Z3Ms come onto the market. At a stretch as prices have fallen I might try for one and sell my Zed in the spring when prices are a little firmer :lol:

Tim.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Canman wrote:
gookah wrote: but keep it and have a Z4 as well,.... not a coop though.
looks great Tim but i do agree with Gookah. :D
Cheers Kevan, I have thought of replacing the 1er with a Z4 but I really can't do it now as I need the practicality of a hatch, the Coupe is a litle better over the Roadster but even unsure the Coupe would be Ok for me so I would have to foresake the Z3 over the 1er.

I nearly came a cropper 2 weeks ago as my mum was coming out of hospital after a hip replacement and thought I would be bright and take the Z3 then realised it might be too low for her to get in and out so I took the 1er and ended up with a Zimmer, and all sorts of mobility aids to bring back home so I would have stood no chance with the Zed :( I can see at some stage I might need the 1er for transporting a wheelchair so it wouldnt really be a good decision to get rid at the moment :(

Tim.
Dolfan

M roadster S50

Post by Dolfan »

Yep has to be the the cleanest Zed on here.... 8-)

If you decide to purchase a Z4M Tim It would have to be the Coupe :D

Imo it looks so much better.
Boysie

M roadster S50

Post by Boysie »

Dolfan wrote:Yep has to be the the cleanest Zed on here.... 8-)
Hi

Hold on there
There are a few of us on here
Like Tim, who have emaculate cars as well
The wife calls mine the pampered bitch :D

Ray
Ray

S50 ///M Roadster, Arctic Silver, Imola Red/Black interior
1970 Austin Healey Sprite, Original ' Now Sold :-(
2002 Harley 1130cc V Rod Custom

TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Haha well I'm sure mine isn't the cleanest as there are lots of shiny and immaculate Zeds on here :lol: but then I never really think about it, every car I have ever owned regardless of make and model have remained immaculate :lol:

Even if the Zed turned into a Trabant over night I would still polish it :shock:

Tim.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

TitanTim wrote: my local friendly stealer does have this in.........

Tim.
Then your first modification should be this.....

:D
Last edited by gookah on Mon 22 Aug, 2011 15:08, edited 2 times in total.

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

gookah wrote:
TitanTim wrote: my local friendly stealer does have this in.........

Tim.
Then your first modification should be this.....

Haha, I was thinking maybe a Z4 Roadster and getting a hardtop :D

Tim.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

and perhaps a spare key?

XVar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by XVar »

I'd take it back to the dealer if you do as above and find these inside though :D

1997 2.8 Z3 | Gallery Thread
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Hmmmmmm might be a can of worms instead if I went for a Coupe :D

Tim.
Dolfan

M roadster S50

Post by Dolfan »

Boysie wrote:
Hi

Hold on there

Ray

Ok Ok.... One of the cleanest.... :lol:
Ferdinand

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Ferdinand »

Boysie wrote:
Hi

Hold on there

Ray
How does she dare calling your car a bitch :D
Ferdinand

BMW 3.0iA Sport Edition 08/2002 - iPod kit, CTEK MXS 7000 batterycharger & Protek Protector Roof Cover ;o)
Range Rover 4.6 V8 HSE 03/2000, Webasto preheater and CTEK MXS 7000 batterycharger
Citroën Xsara 2.0 110 Hdi Prestige hatchback with VTS alloys, Musketier rear spoiler and Webasto preheater
Volvo 144 1.8 B18 09/1967

http://www.zroadster.org
http://www.zroadster.net
http://www.z3-roadster-forum.de
http://www.z3-forum.de
http://www.zroadster.com
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

TitanTim wrote:Hmmmmmm might be a can of worms instead if I went for a Coop :D

Tim.
or a shed load of chickens.... :D

TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

gookah wrote:
TitanTim wrote:Hmmmmmm might be a can of worms instead if I went for a Coop :D

Tim.
or a shed load of chickens.... :D
:roflmao: but then I would be driving a roodster 8-)

Tim.