The story so far 2.0ltr Titanium silver

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
Ravo

Z3 coupe 3.0i

Re: The story so far 2.0ltr Titanium silver

Post by Ravo »

Nice work dude..... Love the car covers
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

One of the sweetest finishes!!
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Wind deflector looks top notch, as good if not better than a certain very expensive article. How much did it cost out of interest?
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

shantybeater wrote:Wind deflector looks top notch, as good if not better than a certain very expensive article. How much did it cost out of interest?
With the straps I bought from justroadster £20 total
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

You really should consider offering them out, you'd be able to sell them for a very fair price and make some profit for your troubles
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

I suppose it would be easier enough for the standard hoops as they are fixed as such. The problem with the chrome and the AC Schnitzer ones is the variation in height when people fit them :?
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Good point, I forgot about that! I reckon a fair few with standard hoops will be after one though!
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

:head: the only problem is I've just told everyone my profit margin lol :dunce:
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

I don't think £50-£60 would be unreasonable? Lets put it this way I would have bought one from you for that price and felt good about it. The alternative is £100+!!

Perhaps offer a group buy and see what interest you get?
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

For the first time since i got the Z it got no presents from the Mrs for Christmas :( So it was up to me to treat it :D
Firstly was the cup holder, i'd been looking on eBay for a while and seen second hand ones go for anything upto £90 :oops: and so i'd always resisted but then chanced upon the actual price from the dealer new £58!! ordered and in the dealership by 1pm the next day. I'm going to make the armrest and get it upholstered by the same guy that covered my console in Alcantara as I want to make sure that the red matches the seats and dashboard etc.

I've also been on the lookout for a set of ///M Gills, and when someone was breaking an ///M on eBay I managed to pick these up for £100 cash (Thanks must go to M3BMC who picked them up for me as he was getting some bits too). I've stripped them down and cleaned them, i'll be filling the ///M before spraying.

There are some tiny pieces of plastic that hold the chrome part in place, due to their age a few of these broke as i removed them so a quick phone call to the dealer and replacements were ordered.

Eight tiny clips £8.45 :oops:

The small clips that are the same as the door card clips but smaller and hold the gills in place £4 each and minimum order of TEN!!!! :shock: :shock:
Didn't order them :roll:

I don't know why but it appears that whatever I decide to buy at the minute has been discontinued :head: Justroadster stopped the AC Schnitzer wind deflector just as i got the hoops, and have stopped the centre armrest too :head:
This trend has continued, When i got the Schnitzer type iii racing alloys i deliberated over the centre caps :oops: I had the standard silver plastic ACS type but thought an upgrade could wait until I fitted them when the car is back on the road and unsorn'd.
I liked the schwarz centre cap

But couldn't find them anywhere :head: Which left the polished aluminium type £26 each from Rossiters. So a quick phone call to them and all sorted, unfortunately not :head: they had TWO! and said they are now discontinued. Emails to ACS in Germany, US and others all provided the same sad news so the hunt began.

Needless to say i didnt buy these, eventually i found two on ebay in America but they won't ship over here so i've had get them sent to a distant relative in Connecticut who will post them on.
The Rossiters ones arrived in double quick time :D

So a few jobs to get on with for the next couple of months before the car is back on the road :)
Last edited by ('_')Z3 on Sat 05 Jan, 2013 22:48, edited 2 times in total.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Glad you managed to sort out the correct centre caps. Makes my spares worth a fair bit in the future now they have stopped making them :grin:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Jonttt wrote:Glad you managed to sort out the correct centre caps. Makes my spares worth a fair bit in the future now they have stopped making them :grin:
The term 'rocking horse poo' was invented for these centre caps :shock: there are none anywhere.
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Started the ///M vents yesterday, I started by filling and sanding the ///M recess.

And given them both a few coats of primer and a light sand down with wet and dry.

Next i'll be spraying the black mesh part on the advice of DAZ3 before masking this section and spraying the glorious titanium silver :D
Has anyone any advice on masking? best tape etc
Devon Z
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Devon Z »

May I ask what filler you have used? I've redone mine twice and got sinking around the filler.
99 2.0 Topaz Individual
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165625

I used this stuff, it went on really well to the painted surface. I sanded the recess a bit just so it would key a bit better, its all been sprayed in primer and sanded again. I've been and bought the matt black and lacquer tonight but need to order the titanium.
Daz3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Daz3 »

There a real pain to mask up (well I thought they were) but just have patience and stay calm, good luck and they'll be worth it in the end. :D
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Daz3 wrote:There a real pain to mask up (well I thought they were) but just have patience and stay calm, good luck and they'll be worth it in the end. :D
I stupidly thought before I bought them that the mesh part was a separate piece that clipped in to place :head: but unfortunately not :( I hate masking, you spray it all think you've got a great finish only to remove all the masking to reveal a dusting of overspray or find its bled. And to cap it all patience is not something I've got in abundance :oops:
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

('_')Z3 wrote: When i got the Schnitzer type iii racing alloys i deliberated over the centre caps :oops: I had the standard silver plastic ACS type but thought an upgrade could wait until I fitted them when the car is back on the road and unsorn'd.
I liked the schwarz centre cap

But couldn't find them anywhere :head: Which left the polished aluminium type £26 each from Rossiters. So a quick phone call to them and all sorted, unfortunately not :head: they had TWO! and said they are now discontinued. Emails to ACS in Germany, US and others all provided the same sad news so the hunt began.

Needless to say i didnt buy these, eventually i found two on ebay in America but they won't ship over here so i've had get them sent to a distant relative in Connecticut who will post them on.
The Rossiters ones arrived in double quick time :D

So a few jobs to get on with for the next couple of months before the car is back on the road :)
I thought there where only two types of centre caps for these ie the none sport plastic ones and the type III sport metal ones (according to the original parts catalogue) I think they appear darker in the pic than they really are as they are a different metal finish than the wheels. Mine appear darker in some pics than others depending on light angles.

They may have done a darker version for other wheels but I can't ever remember seeing any in the parts catalogue. I presume the ones you got from Rossitors are silver and not as dark as they look in the picture ?
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

('_')Z3 wrote:
Daz3 wrote:There a real pain to mask up (well I thought they were) but just have patience and stay calm, good luck and they'll be worth it in the end. :D
I hate masking, you spray it all think you've got a great finish only to remove all the masking to reveal a dusting of overspray or find its bled. And to cap it all patience is not something I've got in abundance :oops:

just give them to me, I will save you all that frustration.
ps don't expect them back though...... :D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
martyb

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by martyb »

the modifications youve made are absolutely astounding. love it! :D
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

the modifications youve made are absolutely astounding. love it!

Thanks!!

gookah wrote:
('_')Z3 wrote:
I hate masking, you spray it all think you've got a great finish only to remove all the masking to reveal a dusting of overspray or find its bled. And to cap it all patience is not something I've got in abundance :oops:

just give them to me, I will save you all that frustration.
ps don't expect them back though...... :D
:D :D :D

Well i decided not to take Gookah up on his kind and generous offer :D
I've really tried to take my time with them to let the paint properly harden between coats

I started by spraying the matt black, like i said earlier i thought the mesh part was a seperate part but unfortunately not :dunce: DAZ3 suggested spraying this part first rather than the silver. I have to say the cost of paints is astronomical and i wonder if it would have been as cheap to get them done at prospray in Rixton who did my ///M mirrrors but that would have removed some of the fun :?

Once the black was dry i masked with this 3M tape (again thanks Daz for the recommendation)

And then i filled in the missing bit with paper and then taped that down too.

Here it is all ready to be sprayed :D I got the Titanium paint from Halfords, the nozzles the can comes with is pants :oops: :oops: truly awful!!!!
Anyway i sprayed them today, generally i'm pretty pleased. I rubbed them down with 1200 wet and dry between coats just to remove any imperfections from the previously mentioned pants nozzle.

So this is how they stand before the lacquer starts tomorrow.

Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Captain »

Looking good, well worth the effort :D
ImageImage
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

I've applied four coats of lacquer to the titanium. Before assembly

After assembly

And the back of the gills showing the clips that retain the chrome flash.

Two months to go and the car will be back on the road :D (just the small matter of the MOT :? when it's unsorned)
Daz3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Daz3 »

Good job on the grills :thumb:
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Looking good, can't wait to see them fitted and I bet you can't wait to get it back on the road ;-)
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Cheers guys :D
A few jobs still to do:
Fit white third brake light
Fit tyres to AC Schnitzer wheels
Fit ///M Gills all over the next few weeks
But moving up the property ladder so car funds shortly will be kind of limited :head: as they'll be going to the builder :cry: :cry:
Last edited by ('_')Z3 on Wed 13 Feb, 2013 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Having bought my cup holder a couple of months ago i've been giving it a bit of thought as to how i would go about fitting the upholstered part :oops:
I considered plywood for the lifting part but eventually plumped for good old MDF due to it remaining more stable in varying temps etc. I drew out my template before sticking it onto the MDF and using the band saw to cut it out.

I knew i wanted a black plastic/nylon hinge to match/blend with the OEM plastic as much as possible but really struggled to find one at the usual outlets (B&Q etc). Eventually i found one on Ebay £2.10 delivered from Hong Kong :D My idea is to bolt the hinge to the two parts using some stainless steel M8 allen key head bolts, nuts and washers also from Ebay.

Again the laser cutter came in handy as i drew the pieces i required and cut them out before gluing them together :D

A simple rebate cut out from the armrest part and it fitted perfectly

The nyloc nuts fitted perfectly in the hexagonal holes and are held in place by the edge of the rebate and with a little bit of tweaking the hinge fitted the bolts perfectly. Although the bolts are silver currently i'll be spraying them black for the finished effect.

The bottom part of the hinge will be bolted to the cup holder, but i won't be drilling those holes until i get the armrest back from the upholsterers just in case the lining on the bottom affects anything. I'm planning on strenthening the outer plastic wall and having the nuts hidden between the two for a cleaner look :D

I need to decide whether to go black or red with the leather before i take it around to the guy that did my console.
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Looking good! Very neat and tidy and looks even better than an OEM job!

On the last pic there is a little tab that sticks down that must go through a hole in the console, but as there is no hole in a zed console it doesn't fully push down and needs trimming off. Or at least that's what I found on mine so keep this in mind ;-)
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

^^ Great work :thumb:
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

good stuff

The 'BEAST' 666
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

I got the chance to do a few jobs on the Z today that were nothing major just small things that needed doing but i'd put off.
Firstly Dougw bonnet release, i didn't buy one last time but pm'd him about a year ago :oops: seeing if he had any? anyway the message sat in my outbox for all that time until he replied last week 8-) It arrived this morning which was handy :lol:
Before

After

The white third brake light i purchased a while ago and hadn't quite got round to fitting :oops: Essentially it's pretty easy to do (actually v.easy) the proof of how successful it was will be when it rains i guess :( so fingers crossed there is no leak.
This is the boot light as was!

The boot lid has 4 black caps that once removed exposed the 3 nuts that hold the light in place and the small plug to disconnect the light. I think it was an 8mm socket but can't quite remember :oops:

Once i'd removed the nuts the light comes out with the part that covers it, surprisingly this is metal :shock: and quite heavy. The light is attached to the metal cover by 3 small torx head screws. I used the cloth just to make sure it didn't mark the paint before unplugging the light. It was pretty dirty under there :oops: :oops:

So a bit of a clean was needed

Fiiting was as you would expect the reverse :D

I'm much happier with the finished look.

The side ///M vents had been painted for a few weeks giving them the opportunity to properly harden. The old ones were a bit awkward to remove, a screw and the 5 plugs. With a bit of effort and brute force they came off :(

The plugs i mentioned

And the view of the bonnet wwith the gill removed.

And finally the ///M gill fitted

My aerial grommet like many others was in a bad way :oops:

The part from the dealers was only a few pounds but for some reason i'd put this job off. It was a pain, once you remove the carpet trim from the boot to expose the aerial that handily sits behind the hydraulic roof pump :head: I removed the 7mm screw which secures it but couldn't waggle it free to remove the old grommet :head: The pump is relatively simply held so out that came to gain a bit more access so i could actuallt get it out.
Actually putting it back together was just as fiddly (not the job for adult fingers)
Unfortunately i forgot to take a final picture of the new one fitted but i'm sure you know what one looks like :D

All that left was the armrest, i just wanted to check that i was happy with everything size wise before i went to the cost of getting it covered.

Thankfully all was fine.
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

I handed over my MDF armrest too the upholstery guy a couple of weeks ago and told him there was no rush :( longest two weeks of my life :lol: In readiness for its returrn i'd started on the M8 allen key bolts. Two were the perfect length and two were too long :( So i set about shortening them

Although the stainless looked alright i really wanted them black, so a splash of primer, some top coat and a bit of lacquer :)

The phone call came this morning, the armrest was ready. I deliberated over the armrests colour scheme :oops: black leather, red leather, two tone etc etc. In the end i went conservative, A while ago i had replaced my hand brake and gear leather so i decided to match them as they were all so close to the armrest. So I gave Mark (leather guy) a spare hand brake gaitor that i had as a point of reference for him. He's come up trumps :D

I just needed to mark and drill the remaining two holes n the cup holder to allow me to bolt the upholstered part in place.

g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Very nice work on the gills and that armrest looks amazing :bow

When is it back on the road then?
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

g8jka wrote:Very nice work on the gills and that armrest looks amazing :bow

yes it looks fab :D ............ I want the gills I really really want :lol: :!:
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Cheers :) I'm really pleased with the armrest too, I put it in the car last night and it's the perfect height etc. The guy that did it is superb and has to take all the credit, all I did was cut out a piece of MDF :oops: The scary thing is for how little he charged it can't of taken him more than a couple of hours to do it :P

As to when it's on the road? It's MOT runs out at the end of the month so I'll get that done and tax it April - September :D
It only did 400miles last year :oops:
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

PCSAM wrote:

yes it looks fab :D ............ I want the gills I really really want :lol: :!:
It's worth keeping an eye out for the gills they do come up at the right price every so often. Although at £169 new you have to be careful not to pay over the odds second hand.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Looking good Jon, I wouldn't be without the armrest now as it sits just at the right height to rest the elbow when cruising along :) and the gills can be a pain to remove which is down to the clip that is conveniently behind the bonnet hinge :lol: Had to replace the passenger side recently at the badge had corroded :x

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

TitanTim wrote:Looking good Jon, I wouldn't be without the armrest now as it sits just at the right height to rest the elbow when cruising along :) and the gills can be a pain to remove which is down to the clip that is conveniently behind the bonnet hinge :lol: Had to replace the passenger side recently at the badge had corroded :x

Tim.
Cheers Tim, Fitted my new Bosch S5 battery yesterday also, brought a smile to my face when the boot light sprung in to life and then entered the code in to the Becker Cascade. Can't wait to drive it, it's been ages and looking forward to trying out the armrest.
You're not wrong about those clips :head: they were a right pain.
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Wow fantastic work, good job
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

shantybeater wrote:Wow fantastic work, good job
Cheers James, it's getting there. Looking at stainless steel exhausts at the mo, not sure whether to stick with twin pipes or go quad :oops:
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

It seems like an age ago that i bought my genuine AC Schnitzer 18" Type 3 racing alloys but there did not seem much point fitting them with the car sorn'd over the winter :(
The Bridgestone Potenza tyres i just swapped over from my Type 71 clubsport alloys that i had fitted previously. I can't believe how difficult it is to find somewhere to actually swap the tyres over though :head: Many places just aren't interested, stating that they're not allowed :( When i did find somewhere i think i put the fear of god in him when i told him how much the schnitzers are new, the colour in his face visisbly drained :roll:
Anyway i did eventually find somewhere that did it as a favour for my mate who knew him. So a couple of coats of wheel sealant, and some copper grease i was ready to go :D The pictures aren't great as i only had my iphone and i didnt take the car out of the garage but you'll get the idea.
The car been stood on its original 16" alloys over the winter.

Heres the wheels all ready to be fitted.

Its so much easier with a decent jack

You may of noticed my car has not been lowered :) And if i'm honest i never thought i wanted to lower it either but with these wheels the car does look like it needs it. So that may well be a job for the winter. The front wheels sit nice and flush with the wheel arch, the rear i'm going to look at getting some 12mm spacers to bring them level.
The final job was to fit the TPI chrome caps for the wheel nuts, I have the Mcgard locking wheel nuts as well as the OEM one which i'll replace with the standard nut so i can fit the chrome cap to this one too.

('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Mods have been at a premium of late :( partly due to the house move and partly due to the daily driver :head: :head:
I've said it before and i'll say it again NEVER buy a Seat Leon FR

So in a nutshell a new engine was required.

With all this great weather I decided to fit the grey tinted Perspex wind deflector that I made as well as the clear straps to make it look a bit tidier. Now I appreciate it is not that noticeable on the photo but it does look a lot better.

Before

After

And finally a better picture of the ACS wheel fitted.

('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

So as some of you will have noticed the Z has a new(ish) purchase which is pretty remarkable considering the Leon situation and the fact that I bought another house last year and have been busy putting an extension on it, new kitchen, bathroom etc etc.
But here it is

Now again the more observant will recognize the Eisenmann sport exhaust :shock: Formerly belonging to Mike Fishwick, then Gazhyde (who narrowly beat me to it) then Gaz's mate had it when he gave his Z to him for a while when it failed its MOT :( Then Gaz sold it to Andy (Spurs fan in a coupe) who broke the car and sold it to me :D
It arrived the day before yesterday and i spent the evening on the living room floor with a cloth and a tub of metal polish and its come up a treat. The car is currently Sorn'd so i'll probably wait until its MOT before fitting it.

There is something else to do whilst it's off the road, The Leon has my private reg on Y9 JRH and I really wanted another for the Z to match :oops: V9 JRH was perfect as it could go on the Z (year 2000) and was as close to the shape of the Y as possible (sad I know) anyway the Mrs came up trumps for my birthday

She found it and after some tough negotiating it's mine :D
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

('_')Z3 wrote:Image
after some tough negotiating it's mine :D

Did you ever find your book on fly fishing? :D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

gookah wrote:
('_')Z3 wrote:Image
after some tough negotiating it's mine :D

Did you ever find your book on fly fishing? :D

No, the search continues :D :rtm: :lol:
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

So I've only done a few mods recently :(
I decided to fit the cruise control, probably more out of something to do more than anything else. As others have stated it was all very easy, I managed to sort the stalk from the good old US of A £18 delivered a really good service from them and much cheaper than anything I could source from over here. The interface was from the local stealer, ordered and here by 2pm the next day. The hardest bit was finding the plug under the dash :head:
The Eisenmann I bought from Andy 'Spurs fan' was fitted a couple of months ago by the local indy in Woolston Warrington. At £33 it was hardly worth scrabbling around under the car, it sounds amazing, really really good :D the only issue is my fuel economy has gone down as I tend to drive around in 3rd gear for full impact :oops: Not sure the Mrs likes the sound quite as much as me though :head:
I feel like I'm keeping Andy and his young child in nappies with the stuff I'm buying from him (although I'm not alone). I'd been after a set of rear spacers for my car for a while and then Andy popped up with another 'must have item' 15mm spacers with longer bolts and Mcgard locking bolts. All in all it looks alot better.
Before

After

I have picked up a couple of other small bits to fit, an AC Schniyzer dead pedal, as well as an OEM boxed fire extinguisher and bracket to fit to the passenger seat. Pics to follow :D
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

A blast from the past :oops: this thread. It's been so long since any updates :( The car has been stored for a quite a while and has only done 500 miles or so in the last 12months.
So today was the day to finally break her out from under her covers, it burst in to life at the first time of asking 8-). It's MOT had lapsed by quite a few months so I had booked it in for this afternoon. It was such a nice day that it seemed rude not to drive it there with the roof down :D . Anyway it passed :wink: so there a few jobs I want to get done and I'm keen to get the thoughts and opinions of people that know more about these things than I do :dunce:
Power flex bushes? A mechanic friend has recommended the black ones has anyone got them fitted? Also I'm thinking the shocks would benefit from a refresh, has anyone any experience of the Bilstein B12 pro kit? Like I said thoughts and opinions are greatly received.
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

The black Powerflex bushes are not widely available - as far as I am aware they are the "rock hard" ones intended for cars used solely on track. People using their cars on the road, invariably use the purple ones.

Not lowered my own car but I know that the B12 pro-kit is highly regarded consisting of premium Bilstein shocks (firmer than OE) plus the first stage of the Eibach lowered coil springs (pro-kit). The beauty of an established "kit" being that it has been designed/tested to be paired together. I have used the Eibach pro-kit springs on another car (a hatchback) paired with Bilstein B4s (OE equivalent) and the car was just very slightly lower with a beautiful ride which I put down to the progressive design of the springs i.e. the end coils are thinner than OE and the middle fatter, so the ride over slight bumps and undulations was slightly firmer but still comfortable. The fatter coils would come into operation when the car is being driven in a more sporty context such as a track day outing. Cheap lowering springs have a reputation for giving a harsh ride.
Ontiken

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ontiken »

I'm just totally in awe,you're doing a fabulous job on your car. Not seen one of those Raid wheels,a few people I know have the Royal up grade which I like.Is the price similar? Also , how does the gear knob compare with a Storm, presumably it is similarly heavy?
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

Car looks awesome mate.

Glad you're still going strong on Spurs Fan fuel!

That's a lovely exhaust note.
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".