my z3, slammed, stanced and staggered, project zed

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
deutschemk

Z3 roadster 1.9

my z3, slammed, stanced and staggered, project zed

Post by deutschemk »

Hi folks, been browsing the forum for a few months now, thought it about time I signed up especially with zedfest fast approaching .. bought a wee z3 a few months back for something to play with whilst my e28 gets a restoration and have really been bitten by the Z bug since, spent a few months looking for the right low milage z for a base car, I didn't want anything too thirsty or fast just nice wee toy for the summer days so I opted for the 1.9 16v m44...picked it 2 months ago up as standard apart from an interior retrim with some ACS bits and have been busy transforming it since. As ive been into restoring and driving old vw's for the past few years first on my to do list old was sorting the ride height issue and choosing appropriate wheels, with the coilovers bought and offset's calculated I finally had it lower to the deck, then got the wheels sorted, I went about squeezing the new rubber on them to get the 17x9 rears under the arch, went for 205/45/17 on the front and a 215/45/17 on the rear. I then decided I needed more shiny bits, sourced chrome handles and vents/gills, and a set of clear fronts, it really makes it look much more modern and mean... that's where I've got to so far but hoping to get it finished for summer, next on the list is the z3m mirrors and gills, fogged airbox and an exhaust system (any suggestions welcomed?) I'll update a full list of bits added in the near future but for now here's a pic or two of how its looking, come summer I'll drop it another 15mm and change the 45 profile tyres for a set of 40's

. Image
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Re: my z3, slammed, stanced and staggered, project zed

Post by Jonttt »

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not really into the slammed and stretched look but I am into variety and its always interesting reading about zeds and there owners stories so looking forward to your adventures with the zed.

It looks as if you have a rare set of AC Schnitzer roll hoops fitted, they are worth £500 + on their own ;-)
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
deutschemk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by deutschemk »

cheers dude, was just reading your build thread, that's an awesome machine you've got there, noticed you've also got the acs hoops fitted...nice choice, I'm considering selling them shortly and putting a pair of black oem ones in as it will help fund a new exhaust, seen a set on ebay.de selling for stupid money so its got me thinking, Im not a big fan of the over stretched look that's going on lately, but don't mind a bit of stretch/poke as long as it don't effect performance or cause any safety issue's, in my case I had to opt for a subtle stretch to stop any rubbing or protruding from the arch so its more practical than asthetic, was a bit apprehensive at first but once they went on I was happy it wasn't over the top,
. Image
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

nice looking car mate ............ not to far from me just shout at the pier and I may hear you :D
nice to see another zedder so close ,we should meet up for a bit oh banter .... don't worry we dont bite (that hard) over the water :lol: :lol:
si-forks

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by si-forks »

Nice car big up the M44 massive

Si-forks on tapatalk
E30 318 1988 Gone
E36 320 1992 Gone

E36 328 1995 write off

E39 525d M Sport 2003 Current
E37 Z3 M44B1.9 1997 Current
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Lovely car, unlike Jon I am a big fan of the euro look. Are those 17" BBS RS's? they look really good! I tried some 18" Super RS's on a while back but they didn't look anywhere near as nice..

I would be hesitant to sell the roll hoops, they really are quite sought after so if you change your mind it won't be easy to source a set (took me 2 years and alot of luck). I'd just save and buy the exhaust a few months down the line!
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
si-forks

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by si-forks »

Likewise I'am a big euro car fan nice to see it in the Z3 world to many standard cars IMHO will be following your progress over the coming weeks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
E30 318 1988 Gone
E36 320 1992 Gone

E36 328 1995 write off

Althulas

M roadster S50

Post by Althulas »

Looks a good job so far. I dont mind lowered to close up those arch gaps as long as the ride does not shatter my spine, but i'm not into the euro wheel look, tire seating just does not suit me begging for kurb damage (from the wife of ourse :D ) If you ever want to part with the ACS roll hoops I've got cash waiting.
If you like gaming with mature minded players visit our retirement home http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
ImageImage
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Slammed, stretched, Euro, dude :rtm:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
John Wilson

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by John Wilson »

This Z has been slammed stretched and lowered. I think it needs another 10 cms off the height to be perfect.Image[/img]
EnthuZiaZT

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by EnthuZiaZT »

Ouch John, where did you find that!!! :shock:
By the way, have you seen new PM.
Mike
Mike & Sandy - Mora Metallic Individual 2.0L

IMG_1038.jpg~originalImage
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

You've started it now mentioning that you may sell the Schnitzer hoops lol :D

ps yours does not look over the top at all on the pics as the Z3's always have a better stance when lowered a little and wheels that fill the arches.

I thought you were intending lowering further and stretching the tyres more from the thread title. Whilst the more extreme stretched and slammed look can look good in pictures (but is as much dependant on the skill of the photographer) it does nothing for me other than as an art form.
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
deutschemk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by deutschemk »

Cheers folks, nout better than a warm welcome and a bit of feedback to boot... :lol:
PCSAM wrote:nice looking car mate ............ not to far from me just shout at the pier and I may hear you :D
nice to see another zedder so close ,we should meet up for a bit oh banter .... don't worry we dont bite (that hard) over the water :lol: :lol:
always good to have some local zed's, someone to convoy to the shows/meets with . I'm often over that way on sunny days , its like a different planet over that side ;)
shantybeater wrote:Lovely car, unlike Jon I am a big fan of the euro look. Are those 17" BBS RS's? they look really good! I tried some 18" Super RS's on a while back but they didn't look anywhere near as nice
thanks man, they are Konig RS reps, 17x8 front and 17x9 rear, Had originally bought a set of bbs style 5's but turned out to be square and in terrible nick after that I couldn't find another decent staggered set with correct offset, few weeks passed and these came up off a mate at a price I couldn't pass on so I decided to run them till I got the right style 5's, have since stopped looking as I'm more than happy with the look and build quality of these... Have been tempted by a set of Borbet A's this week in similar size so I may been in for a change, still undecided though...
TitanTim wrote:Slammed, stretched, Euro, dude :rtm:

Tim.
yeah mate... too many people " :rtm:" some even reckon they wrote it.... :wink:
John Wilson wrote:This Z has been slammed stretched and lowered. I think it needs another 10 cms off the height to be perfect.
take it back to the shop, I can see a bit of panel gap and I reckon the bonnet might need aligned a wee tiny bit, might polish out....:roll: , on a serious note that looks like a sore one, Z3 on ice/snow/slush is always an adventure
Last edited by deutschemk on Wed 11 Apr, 2012 03:30, edited 1 time in total.
. Image
deutschemk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by deutschemk »

Jonttt wrote:You've started it now mentioning that you may sell the Schnitzer hoops lol :D

ps yours does not look over the top at all on the pics as the Z3's always have a better stance when lowered a little and wheels that fill the arches.

I thought you were intending lowering further and stretching the tyres more from the thread title. Whilst the more extreme stretched and slammed look can look good in pictures (but is as much dependant on the skill of the photographer) it does nothing for me other than as an art form.
Indeed mate, a proverbial can of worms, I've bit the bullet and decided I will be selling them, I've rarely got the top off enough to justify keeping them, may aswell shift them to someone that's been searching for a set and get some cash together for an exhaust at the same time, win win situation,

I will be going another 10-15mm lower come summer (if they ever fix the potholes/roads up here) and will be running a 40 profile tyre but defo not increasing the amount of stretch or making any camber adjustments, less is more an all that :wink:
. Image
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Your zed looks brilliant :wink:

The hardtop really does finish it off
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

I agree, it looks great and a nice colour too 8-)

Looks like you have the rare aerodynamic package fitted also or certainly at least the front bumper and rear spoiler :thumb:
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
deutschemk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by deutschemk »

Z3cade wrote:Your zed looks brilliant :wink:

The hardtop really does finish it off
cheers mate, I really want the hamman hardtop with the bumps but have stuggled to even find one in the uk, nevermind one that's for sale, here's to hoping
g8jka wrote:I agree, it looks great and a nice colour too 8-)

Looks like you have the rare aerodynamic package fitted also or certainly at least the front bumper and rear spoiler :thumb:
thanks, yeah my z was lucky enough to be granted the aero front bumper n rear spoiler at some point, not sure if it left the factory like that tho but it really makes the front end a lot more aggressive,
. Image
zibomb

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by zibomb »

nice car. i can say driving a low z in the snow is a bit hairy but bumper makes a good plough :D Really like the colour and big fan of your wheels. Whats the wheel specs?? that looks so good with a hard top on it. not a fan of chrome parts and the round fogs but who cares its not my car :D Oh and your spoiler, really like that!
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

deutschemk wrote:
cheers mate, I really want the hamman hardtop with the bumps but have stuggled to even find one in the uk, nevermind one that's for sale, here's to hoping
You'll have a serious fight on your hands if one does come up, I've been looking for one for over 3 years now and I know several other forum members who are just as keen!
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

Looks nice, that wheel design in 17" doesn't always work but they seem to on this car.

I would lose the chrome side gills and door handles though, spoiling the car for me and kind of at odds with the "cool euro look".
deutschemk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by deutschemk »

c_w wrote:Looks nice, that wheel design in 17" doesn't always work but they seem to on this car.

I would lose the chrome side gills and door handles though, spoiling the car for me and kind of at odds with the "cool euro look".
Cheers dude,I wasnt to sure about the chrome at first but it has really grown on me, helps break it up a bit and compliments the wheels, i was considering M gills for a while but not sure if im going to go that route.
. Image
deutschemk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by deutschemk »

finnaly got round to cleaning/clay/waxing the car, and broke out the autosol for the wheels..spaced the rears out an extra 8mm as I hadn't got round to doing it, weather was nice so managed to get a few decent photo's done, cant wait for the summer to get it proper detailed and snapped, anyway heres a few shots...

Last edited by deutschemk on Tue 01 May, 2012 02:06, edited 2 times in total.
. Image
si-forks

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by si-forks »

The car is looking seriously sweet great pics

Si-forks on tapatalk
E30 318 1988 Gone
E36 320 1992 Gone

E36 328 1995 write off

PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

i will have to come and see this car . at least i have decent alloys now I wont be ashamed to park next to it :D
and you can give me advice on lowering it a bit :wink:
nice pics :D
deutschemk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by deutschemk »

si-forks wrote:The car is looking seriously sweet great pics

Si-forks on tapatalk
cheers mate, photos turned out better than I thought they would
PCSAM wrote:i will have to come and see this car . at least i have decent alloys now I wont be ashamed to park next to it :D
and you can give me advice on lowering it a bit :wink:
nice pics :D

cheers...you're welcome anytime mate, I'm lovin your new wheels, they look superb... I had a look to see if I had any spacers lying around for ya but only had 10mm 4 stud ones off an e30, FK automotive are usualy a decent cheap source for spacers if ya still looking
. Image