My Euro Cruise

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
Kentzroadster

Z3 roadster 1.9

My Euro Cruise

Post by Kentzroadster »

I have just returned from an amazing 11 days driving my Z3 around Europe.

Below are some pictures of our drive down to the South of France, including Monte Carlo and a drive up Col de Turini. Into Italy for a stay at Lake Como (diverting to Milan), upto Switzerland for a drive over the Grimsel pass, back into France for a few days outside Reims for lots of Champagne and some great photos of the Z.

We set off on the Friday evening on the tunnel to Calais and drove to just past Paris, following a good nights sleep, we set off for our first proper destination Millau wearing our cheesy Euro tour 2012 T shirts!!!

Following a long drive down to Millau, glad I purchased the wind deflector as we had the roof down the entire way even doing 80-85 on the motorway. A slight scare in the first hour or so when Our Reg flashed up on motorway sign with relentenz (which apparently means slow down!). Warning taken on board and a more sensible speed for rest of holiday!!
We eventually arrived at Millau bridge a true wonder, more a amazing from below than when you drive over it.

We then checked into a converted castle hotel with some lovely view of the bridge.

In the morning a couple of quick photos of the car.

I will post some more photos tomorrow.
Last edited by Kentzroadster on Wed 24 Jul, 2013 20:30, edited 3 times in total.
Kentzroadster

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: My 2012 Euro Cruise

Post by Kentzroadster »

How do I post bigger pictures, I have used IMG thumbs normal IMG cut side of pics off!?!
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

Post them to imageshack, photo bucket or some other media hosting site then just copy the links onto the page.
We set off on our euro cruise on Wednesday. Driving down to Poitiers then through the Pyrenees to Javea spend a week in a Villa the come up through Avignon stay at Lake Come for 2 nights cruising through the passes for a day then return via France and Belgium.
cant wait.
bill
Image ImageImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Z4 3.0si Ruby Black with Champagne Leather and Piano Black Dash
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Kentzroadster wrote:How do I post bigger pictures?
There's a useful guide here
But you're obviously already using Photobucket
You just need to select the correct IMG tags (not the thumb nails) and your photos should appear like this:

Image :devil:
Kentzroadster

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Kentzroadster »

Hope it goes well Billz I loved ours.

Titan I did paste as you suggest, but as you can see from one you have pasted it cuts off right side of picture.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

It looks fine on my computer

I think there is a fault previously discussed on a thread affected by the way you are viewing the forum (eg via tapatalk etc....)

Sounds like you had a great trip :D
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Kentzroadster wrote:Titan I did paste as you suggest, but as you can see from one you have pasted it cuts off right side of picture.
Hmm - it doesn't on my PC :?
Are you trying to view a file that is bigger than your screen?
Have you checked your Photobucket upload settings?
You could be exceeding the max file size or using a different aspect ratio
Your pictures should come out looking like this (except it wasn't sunny when when were there) :(

Kentzroadster

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Kentzroadster »

Should now be looking ok guys?? Thanks for help, it was be viewing them on my ipad. On laptop they looked fine. opps.
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Kentzroadster wrote:Should now be looking ok guys??
Yep - they look fine but took a while to download
Not sure if it's a slow connection at my end or whether you have uploaded large originals ?
I usually restrict PBucket to a max size of 1mB or 800x600
Kentzroadster

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Kentzroadster »

Now I have my photo issues sorted, here is a few more photos from the trip.

After our stay in Millau we set off for Cannes (took a slight detour via coastal roads).

Once in Cannes we rested the car for a few days and spent some time on the beach and exploring Cannes.

After a couple of days we then set off for Monte Carlo, however I wanted to take in Col du Turini which was great great

After a very enjoyable drive to the top we enjoyed a cold drink and let the Z rest for a bit!

Then off for a day and 1 nights stay in Monte Carlo - a slow drive round most of the F1 circuit and spotting some amazing cars!

Including a Z4 on F1 straight.

My Z parked by some very impressive Yachts.
Last edited by Kentzroadster on Wed 24 Jul, 2013 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
Kentzroadster

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Kentzroadster »

Thanks Titan, have just done that. Not sure if it will work on latest photos I have just posted but hopefully will on the photos of Grimsel and Furka pass that I post later. Was an awesome drive and got some good pics.
Geoff H

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Geoff H »

Kentzroadster wrote:Should now be looking ok guys?? Thanks for help, it was be viewing them on my ipad. On laptop they looked fine. opps.
I did write a post about photo size a few weeks ago which Robert answered. Your photos are cut off to the right on my Desktop PC and iPad but show up ok on my Laptop, so screen setting must also come into it
LookinFoolish

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by LookinFoolish »

Pics show up fine for me but i'm running at 1080p res on my PC. Great pics btw :D
1997 BMW Z3 1.9l