Afternoon photography

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
RichP

Z3 roadster 1.9

Afternoon photography

Post by RichP »

Inspired by Gazza's post http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 57#p350357 with some amazing HDR pics, I spent a couple of hours creating some of my own. Driving round some of the less desirable locations nearby having dusted off the DSLR, and lots of processing effort and i've got a few interesting pics.

When the sun eventually came out, i had been driving in the rain for an hour, so the car was less than clean :roll:

Image Image
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best
PCSAM

blank

Re: Afternoon photography

Post by PCSAM »

nice pics mate :D I did a few hdr ones on my return from my Skye trip last year . they will be in the gallery somewhere ........ :!:
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

here is one I did the other day
RichP

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by RichP »

very nice :thumb:

I love the effect of the HDR. before processing they just look like any other photo.

Do you do it from one image or take three exposures?
Image Image
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best
ZedAintDead

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by ZedAintDead »

Nice shots RichP, I'd like to give this a go at some point, what software do you use for HDR processing?

I think a nice red/orange sunset behind a blue Z3 would look great!
RichP

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by RichP »

Thanks 8-) .

I used Photomatix to produce a genuine HDR from three bracketed photos (different exposures 2 stops either side of correct). Using a canon eos 500D.
Image Image
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

RichP wrote:Thanks 8-) .

I used Photomatix to produce a genuine HDR from three bracketed photos (different exposures 2 stops either side of correct). Using a canon eos 500D.
I have been reading about this and would like to give it a go, I do not have the bracketed function on my camera but I suppose I could manually adjust the exposure. I searched for the photomatrix software but could not seem to find it, is it still available?

Brian
TWO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by TWO »

Brian H wrote:
RichP wrote:Thanks 8-) .

I have been reading about this and would like to give it a go, I do not have the bracketed function on my camera but I suppose I could manually adjust the exposure. I searched for the photomatrix software but could not seem to find it, is it still available?

Brian
Try PhotMATIX :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keyw ... 1ld50z0j_e

I'm also interested in giving this a go
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

TWO wrote:
Try PhotMATIX :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keyw ... 1ld50z0j_e

I'm also interested in giving this a go
Thanks, Sorted Now :thumb:
RichP

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by RichP »

i believe you can make a pseudo-HDR using one image and changing the exposure on the computer, but it wont bring out as much detail in the darks and lights. should still give the surreal effect though.

I would never advocate downloading photomatix from somewhere dodgy like the pirate bay, where it is appallingly abundant.....
Image Image
ZedAintDead

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by ZedAintDead »

Some other HDR software options here folks:

http://captainkimo.com/hdr-software-review-comparison/