Dakar Yellow Z3 2.2 Pics

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
Mcjazz

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Dakar Yellow Z3 2.2 Pics

Post by Mcjazz »

Hi Recently returned from 2500 mile road trip in the Z3. Drove down through France via Napolians Route to Cannes, which I can highly reccomend. Then into Italy, Switzerland And France stayed about 4 days in each. Was really happy with the car, enough grunt for all the mountain passes and hairpins. Was a bit worried having just bought it before the trip but was grand and never missed a beat. So cleaned the car at the weekend thought I would post some pice as have not done so.

Moray

maurice the martian

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Re: Dakar Yellow Z3 2.2 Pics

Post by maurice the martian »

Glad u had a great trip.Nice pics to.
Thats what ' Zeddin ' is all about .
Me Billz an Zedwheels leave for ours. two weeks tomoz an counting .yippeee.
Moz

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Glad your enjoying your lovely Zed. Super colour. :lol: Lovely pictures too.
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

great pics mate , im loving your luggage rack . any links-for it or sell it to me :D
Mcjazz

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Mcjazz »

Thanks guys. Was really impressed how good the car is over distance, eats the miles up and with sports seats not in the least tiring. Definitely reccomend the wind deflector as it made a huge difference for the better.

The boot rack came from Colin on here 2zed, I really liked the look of it fitted thought it looked proportionally correct. It did not budge at all throughout the holiday and not a single mark on the paintwork. Plus the suitcase on it was fully loaded.
The rack was not made for the Z3 but for a MX5 I think, so it did need a bit of fettling, but Colin had done most of the work.

Started planning next years trip already. Atlantic coast in France then into Spain maybe as we have done Italy, Switzerland for the past 4 years.

Moray
Batchem1

M roadster S50

Post by Batchem1 »

What a great trip, and nice to see another Yella Fella in pictures on here.
By coincidence, I also have an ex-Colin boot rack. A bit larger than yours, though I've yet to use mine. It should make packing for those longer trips a bit easier!
Mcjazz

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Mcjazz »

Ha yeah I saw that one worried the misses would think wow 2 cases easy. Your one had the locks and that, looks a good piece of kit. Fitted straight on too I bet. I just fancied the old retro look with all the extra work lol

Colin was really helpfull when I got the car. Bought his car cover, radio, gear knob, think that's it. Pointed me towards the rear arch guards. Which truly paid for themselves over the journey as they had some marks on them when I got home. Great guy pity he sold his Z.

Moray
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Some great pictures, glad you had a good trip :)
Batchem1

M roadster S50

Post by Batchem1 »

Where does Colin get it all from - I had a gear knob from him, too.
2 zed

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by 2 zed »

Hi Moray, long time no see.

Loving your Euro tour that was one of my motorbike tours that I never got round to doing in the zed, I bet you had a great time your photos bring back happy memories.

Your car is looking fantastic and that loaded rack is looking good.

I am really missing that 2.2 straight six it is such a lovely engine, the 1.8 four in my e46 is a bit poo by comparison.

When I bought my bmw GS motorbike someone said now cut up your credit card but I did'nt listen and after the bike went it took me about two months to sell all the

accessories, so to answer your question Dave ( and I hope you are keeping well and enjoying your car ) is that I learnt nothing and enjoyed accessorising my zed.

I hope to see you out and about Moray, my first photos were at Minchinhampton common getting an icecream so I may see you up there.

Best wishes to all.

Colin.
Mcjazz

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Mcjazz »

Colin went up to the Common yesterday to get an ice cream, but the queue was too big.

You can just about see the ice cream van in the background.

Moray