Roll bar all in one for BMW Z3

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
BlackBeautZ

Z3 roadster 1.9

Roll bar all in one for BMW Z3

Post by BlackBeautZ »

Hi guys I have a 1997 Z3 I have ordered all in one chrome hoops so just the ends slot into the seat belt mounts, however on opening the plastic caps by the seat belt they are solidly stuck on with glue I broke one and I can't see a nut in there or there is this plastic rubber in the way, will the till hoops fit or will I need to buy a whole new back plastic compartment box ? Please help
Kris
Black BeautZ

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Roll bar all in one for BMW Z3

Post by Southernboy »

What you're seeing in there sounds like a moulded styrofoam type plug...you may have to remove the top trim to get at it and remove it...
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Roll bar all in one for BMW Z3

Post by Robert T »

The turrets are often filled with polystyrene with a plastic cap located into the top of the roll hoop mount. There a couple of pics in this post of the inside of the turrets on my car when I fitted an OEM wind-defelector prior to doing the full rollhoop conversion. I removed the turrets and cut the polystyrene from the inside, but if can be done from the outside if you have something like a dremel - the plastic caps seem to be made of indestructium!

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc