Wrapped M Coupe

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
Richardenigma

M coupe S52

Wrapped M Coupe

Post by Richardenigma »

Having been separated from our Zeds for just over a year whilst we’ve been over here in the States I finally succumbed to the temptation to get another one! Spent some time looking at the market (it’s much better here for Zeds than in the UK in my opinion with the cars holding their value well, mainly, I suspect, because there aren’t that many in circulation). Found a fabulous site for M Coupes (http://www.mcoupebuyersguide.com/ what a great resource for anyone looking for the ‘right car’ for them) and spotted this one which I liked immediately. Green is my favourite colour but none of the ‘Zed Greens’ (Oxford Green, Boston Green , Dark Green, Palmetto 2, Evergreen or the oft maligned Fiji Green) did it for me but I really liked the idea of a matte metallic wrap (had been toying with the idea of getting one of our other Zeds done at some stage). I also think the wheels are amazing and match the car colour perfectly (if you check out the wheels on the HRE website you’ll see some pictures of the car). I was hooked and after a short & effective negotiation with the owner the deal was done.

So here she is an S52 2000 M Coupe with 72,500 miles with the following add-ons:
- HRE Vintage Series 501 Wheels -- 18x8.5 Front, 18x11 Rear
- Pirelli P Zero Rosso Tires -- 225/40/18 Front, 285/30/18 Rear
- KW V1 Coil-over Kit
- H&R Camber Kit
- 3M Wrap Film 1080-M206 Matte Pine Green Metallic done by Sign Savers in Hialeah Florida (original colour is Titanium Silver)

Obvious upgrades to do include headlights, de-tangoing, front strut brace, window tinting (it gets hot here in the summer), stereo upgrade & smoked rear lights.

Probably enough for now. I realize that it may not be everyone’s’ cup of tea but I hope you enjoy the pictures nonetheless.

2002 Z3 Coupe 3.0i Auto LHD 1999 Z3M Roadster RHD
PCSAM

blank

Re: Wrapped M Coupe

Post by PCSAM »

love it , i want it :bawl:
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Going by your other cars, you're in the rare position of having driven all three of the world-wide big engine Z3s i.e. the Euro M54, the Euro S50 (M) and now the US S52 (M). Big question in my mind, how do they compare ? :D
chill4x4saph

M roadster S54

Post by chill4x4saph »

Del wrote:Going by your other cars, you're in the rare position of having driven all three of the world-wide big engine Z3s i.e. the Euro M54, the Euro S50 (M) and now the US S52 (M). Big question in my mind, how do they compare ? :D

that looks wicked!!!

ive often wondered how the s52 compares also?
Richardenigma

M coupe S52

Post by Richardenigma »

Haven't had the chance to take out the S52 yet but plan to very soon.

As for comparing the M54 and the S50...not sure it's a valid comparison IMHO as I drive them differently. The M54 is automatic and the S50 isn't...obvious I know but makes them a different drive.

I'd have to say the S50 is the most fun to drive and performs better.
2002 Z3 Coupe 3.0i Auto LHD 1999 Z3M Roadster RHD