2003 3.0i Sport Edition Roadster Individual

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

2003 3.0i Sport Edition Roadster Individual

Post by yalden »

Long before the sale of my last Z3 (2000 2.0 Cosmos Black Edition Individual) I'd been on the lookout for a respectful 3.0 model, to which I could transfer the various parts I'd collected over the years. I was determined to hold out for the right car; it had to be a late model (51>) in Hellrot Red with a decent factory spec. To cut a long story short, it never happened, I was either too picky, or too slow to act!

More recently I saw that JohnZ3 was advertising his 2003 3.0i Sport Roadster Edition Individual, it had good history, good specification, good colour combination and was clearly a cherished motor. Sadly, the timing of the advert and location of the car conflicted with a pre-booked family holiday, meaning I missed out. Thankfully, with a twist of fate, an identical twin of JohnZ3's car became available on eBay just one day later. The only difference in this car was that it had slightly more miles on the clock and no cruise control. It was priced a fair bit cheaper but was clearly in need of a good detail, plus a few cosmetic touches to recover from any past neglect. Long past running out of patience, I decided to take my chances and travel 350 miles to view the car - after all, with a registered date of 18/08/2003 it was just 2 weeks from being a 53 plate, which must surely make it one of the last Z3's registered in the UK?

The eBay ad photos:-

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

The previous owner maintained the car to a very high standard but was solely concerned by practical mechanics as opposed to aesthetics. I am confident the inside of the car hadn't been cleaned once over the last 12 months. Despite the filthy interior the 350 mile drive home was a dream, the car felt solid and drove perfectly smooth, clocking a respectful 35mpg, despite some spirited driving!

Once home, the first thing to attend to was the interior. Four fresh microfiber cloths met their demise in order to remove the thick layers of dirt that clogged every area of the interior. The only saving grace was that the dirt appeared to have helped preserve things, as the photos below help to show...!

The M Coloured stitching was barely visible before cleaning...
Image Image Image

Late-spec sport seats with smooth bases...

Once I've found the time to detail the exterior of the car I'll add some further photos to this thread.
Last edited by yalden on Sat 23 Sep, 2017 07:23, edited 6 times in total.
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: New Beginnings...

Post by Captain »

Very nice yalden, looking forward to your progress.
ImageImage
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Welcome back - I loved your last one so looking forward to seeing how this one turns out
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Welcome back Chris!
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

I was hoping for something different this time, not the same parts just on another car. In your previous car yellow interior was the highlight.
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

deni2s wrote:I was hoping for something different this time, not the same parts just on another car. In your previous car yellow interior was the highlight.
I definitely have a few things in mind to separate it from my last car, but this is all subject to being able to source certain items which may have been discontinued... we'll have to see how things go!
davieb

M coupe S50

Post by davieb »

Hi Chris

I did wonder what you had been up to.

Cheers
Dave
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: New Beginnings - 2003 3.0i Sport Edition Roadster Indivi

Post by yalden »

After my first week of ownership I managed to find the time to give the car its first quick wash, I didn't have time to focus on the details and the photos were only taken on my mobile, but I thought I'd add them here regardless... you may also spot my first addition.

Image Image Image
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

So this weekend I found some more time to play with the car.

Firstly it was treated to a decent wash, albeit still no clay bar, polish or wax (that'll come later this month). Then came the Z3M mirrors, conveniently from an Estoril Z3M, and some overdue tyre shine.

Image Image

After a good vacuum, the original navy hood was treated to three intensive washes using AG fabric hood cleaner, removing all the green, yellow and white spotting that had occurred from neglect. The rear screen is like new, replaced by BMW a few months ago, courtesy of the previous owner.

Image Image

The 'Roadster' inner door sill trims were swapped for a pair of M trims (non-Z3M).

Image Image

The cheap Kenwood headunit was removed in favour of a far superior Becker Indianapolis unit.

After the tedious task of shaving away the insides of a Z3M rear view mirror to accommodate the remote sensor and having to re-wire the connector plugs, I was happy to replace the not so sporty OEM mirror!

The OEM illuminated gearknob and cigarette lighter were swapped out for Storm Motorwerks V1 items.

Image Image

After sourcing the necessary parts, I retrofitted cruise control to the car.

And this weekends final addition was to reapply the OEM fuel gauge sticker, just because...

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

busy, busy ! 8-)

M console with gauges next..?
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Yes! Have the extended leather console with gauges, just hunting down the gear gaiter so I can use it as a template for a new custom set and to make use of the plastic fixing clip. Also weighing up options with the oil temperature sensor mounting, whether to run a setup like yours or squeeze in an adapter to the oil pressure sensor.

Need to work out how to wire up the ext. temp and perhaps find somewhere to keep the OBC!
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

The temp gauge has only 1 (brown) wire from the sensor to the gauge and a power supply which is "switched" and which can be connected to any other switched function, or directly to the ignition "on" circuit. (1 click of the key). The best place to locate it is at the oil filter housing. The temp reading from there is "true" compared with the sump plug connection. BMW do supply a small wiring harness for the M gauges / lights connections. You may have to ask an M owner to get you the part number. It makes connecting the gauges and lights a breeze.
"Normal is overrated"

yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Thanks, that's interesting to know! I'll see if I can get the part number and add it to my order.

Will I be able to use the ext. temp sensor on the car to feed the OBC and Z3M gauge or will I need a separate sensor?

Thanks again!
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

yalden wrote:[
I definitely have a few things in mind to separate it from my last car, but this is all subject to being able to source certain items which may have been discontinued... we'll have to see how things go!
Which items do you have in mind? Maybe I can help if I will spot something.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I tried using the temp sensor fitted to the car which relays it's info to the ECU, but it has two or three wires exiting from it. The gauge just shot up to max and stayed there... So, I think a separate sensor is needed. The gauge is a really "dumb" instrument... very basic - hence just the earth wire and the power supply. There is a billet aluminium oil filter cap available from the link below and it's a very good price and product. The oil temp sensor just screws into one of the ports at the top. The brown wire can then be routed into the car easily through one of the existing rubber grommets carrying other OEM loom wires. I fitted one of them to my 2.8 - it's as good or better than the OEM plastic one. :wink:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 33184.html
"Normal is overrated"

yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Thanks for the info and link, that's cheaper than the one I'd bookmarked from the US. I'll get onto RealOEM and see if I can find the Z3M wiring loom and air temp sensor. :)
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Welcome back, I don't visit here much these days but will check in for your updates ;-)
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Pic of the oil filter cap fitted to my 2.8... You can see the temp sensor fitted into the one port with the single brown wire (sleeved in the bellows cover for added protection) which ends up on the gauge.. I sourced a matching brass blanking plug for the second port. The connection to the sensor is very simple - it's a spade connector (female) which slides onto a flat "button" on the top of the sensor. I used some heat shrink to cover the spade connector though. The sensor was sourced from VDO and at he time I asked for one within the range as indicated on the gauge face. Also, it's important to get the correct C or F degree sensor so it reflects correctly on the gauge face via the little needle.

"Normal is overrated"

yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Southernboy wrote:BMW do supply a small wiring harness for the M gauges / lights connections. You may have to ask an M owner to get you the part number. It makes connecting the gauges and lights a breeze.
I've tried looking through RealOEM but am struggling to find the part no. for the wiring harness you mentioned above, do you have any further details? I'm wanting to place a parts order but wanted to wrap up all the bits I need in one go! Also, I presume a non-OEM ext. temp. sensor can be used? The BMW one is not cheap...!

Thanks again!
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Did you have a look using an M version VIN number? Ask Lee aka "Bertiejaffa" for some help using his M VIN number.

I picked up this M VIN # on google...LB29025...... :wink:

Found the Part# using the VIN# above... Keep the number in case you want to search for other M parts...
Part number for harness:- 61102496317
"Normal is overrated"

yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

I just searched Real OEM under Z3M, assumed this would show up all relevant parts!

Thanks for sorting me out, legend!
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

:wink:
"Normal is overrated"

yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

This week my house has taken on the role of Royal Mail's Central Mail Centre. I've been inundated with parcels and packages from all over the globe, most of which have been for the Z3. I've received interior parts from Belgium and Spain, custom parts from the US, OEM and tuner parts from Germany and even a few bits from here in the UK!

A box full of OEM parts from BMW Cotswold
I won't go into detail as many of the parts will likely be covered by future posts but in amongst lots of replacement parts I also ordered a few upgrades!

Image Image

Storm Motorwerks V4 Handbrake Handle
I saw that Storm Motorwerks had started producing a V4 range, which was loosely based around the V1 models but with the addition of a leather grip. I figured this would suit the blend of stainless and leather which follows through the cabin and as with all Storm products, it delivers top quality workmanship.

Image Image

Image Image

I haven't got around to fitting it to the car yet, so here's an example photo...

Sky Custom Headlight Projector Brackets

In case I balls things up I bought myself a second set of facelift headlights, all I need now is a 3.0 FX-R Projector kit from The Retrofit Source, then the fun can begin! To give you an idea of what's to come see below...

Image Image

Image Image

Hamann Fog Light Air Ducts
Despite being NLA from Hamann I managed to source a new set of these from Germany. Hopefully they'll help to set the front end of the car off.

Image Image Image

BBS Centre Caps
In truth I had these lying around and figured they'd make a suitable replacement for the weathered BMW centre badges. I expect I'll get some new BMW caps in due course, but these can stay fitted for the time being...

Image Image Image

Side airbag doorcards with leather grab handles
I primarily bought these for the leather door pulls but figured I may as well fit the whole door card as the side airbags would be a nice touch. The obvious downside being that the leather panel is blue whereas my interior is black...

Leather Dye Kit
Following on from the above, I bought a full re-colour dye kit from Bespoke Leathering.

Image Image

Doug Whalen Billet Bonnet Pull
Spotted this for sale and figured it'd be worth snapping up, better quality than the plastic OE and complimentary to the various stainless parts within the cabin!

In addition to the above, I managed to find a tidy Z3M gear gaiter to accompany the extended leather Z3M console I have in waiting, oh and I also shelled out for a Hamann Hardtop (due for delivery just in time for Christmas), busy busy busy...
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

My Sky projector brackets are sitting by my desk waiting for a chance to fit them. You can get the FX-Rs from www.retrofitlab.com in Holland rather than shipping from the US.
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

BladeRunner919 wrote:My Sky projector brackets are sitting by my desk waiting for a chance to fit them. You can get the FX-Rs from http://www.retrofitlab.com in Holland rather than shipping from the US.
That's great to know - thanks for the heads up! I'll check it out later tonight :P
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

I can't wait to see which route your going down with this zed, your old one was fantastic. Looks like you have already picked up plenty of new and rare parts. I have sourced an aero rear bumper for mine which I need to collect so I may be in touch for a little help soon with regards to fitting it. Looking forward to seeing the projector headlights and whether its an easy task to fit them. Are you doing a guide at all?
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Storm V4 handbrake looks very good.
Not a fan of Hamann fogs for standard bumper - I remember last year they were available on ebay. I decided to go with Hamann fogs for M bumper.
About different coloured door cards - I changed interior of my black z3 to black (with metallic/chrome/carbon accents) from tanin rot and decided to keep door cards tanin rot, otherwise it would be too dark and depressive. Did some matching tanin rot colour stitches on leather parts. But my other, bright yellow zed has all interior black, without accents, just some wood in centre console, but I plan to change it to black too, because I don't like the look of the wood in the car (z3 is not a yacht or some very old school car IMHO).
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

g8jka wrote:I can't wait to see which route your going down with this zed, your old one was fantastic. Looks like you have already picked up plenty of new and rare parts. I have sourced an aero rear bumper for mine which I need to collect so I may be in touch for a little help soon with regards to fitting it. Looking forward to seeing the projector headlights and whether its an easy task to fit them. Are you doing a guide at all?
From memory it was a piece of cake, identical to the original bumper, except for a pair of longer bolts required to fix to the inner arch liner (which incidentally I didn't receive anyway, from memory I just improvised with some off the shelf bolts). If you do get stuck let me know!

Do you have just the bumper, or also skirts? One of the US Z3 websites has a knock off of the Aero rear deck spoiler you may be interested in, I think it was Just Roadster or something!
deni2s wrote:Storm V4 handbrake looks very good.
Not a fan of Hamann fogs for standard bumper - I remember last year they were available on ebay. I decided to go with Hamann fogs for M bumper.
About different coloured door cards - I changed interior of my black z3 to black (with metallic/chrome/carbon accents) from tanin rot and decided to keep door cards tanin rot, otherwise it would be too dark and depressive. Did some matching tanin rot colour stitches on leather parts. But my other, bright yellow zed has all interior black, without accents, just some wood in centre console, but I plan to change it to black too, because I don't like the look of the wood in the car (z3 is not a yacht or some very old school car IMHO).
The V4 is great, the only trouble is that the handbrake release button is designed to sleeve over an OEM black plastic button. The Z3's button is chrome and a fraction thicker, which means I need to swap it with an E36 owner or buy a spare from the dealership. The handle looks great in place though!

I've only seen a few photos of the Hamann ducts fitted to a non-M 6-cyl, however each photo I've seen I have quite liked so I'm interested to see how it works out. I'm not sure whether to paint Estoril or perhaps something which contrasts.

I have no blue detailing in the interior so black is the way to go for me. Eventually I'd like a full re-trim in tan leather, but this'll do for now!
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Last night I had nothing better to do so decided to undertake the task of re-colouring (with some minor restoration) the spare door panels I'd purchased. Although my existing door panels are in great condition, these have the side airbag panel, which isn't very common here in the UK, and they also have the extended leather grab handles. The leather dye kit I'd bought through Bespoke Leathering included pretty much everything I needed (except for some 1800 grit paper to smooth out any scratches and a sponge for application of the dye).

As the below photos show, the door panels were grubby, marked and in places mouldy. The grab handle on the N/S drivers side (they were from Belgium) had lost its colour in places due to excessive use.

Image Image Image

After a thorough clean using Gliptone cleaner, a scrubbing brush and some degreaser it was time to mask (the leather panels have a one-time fixing so if removed need to be refitted with contact spray adhesive). Given the added complexity of the side airbag panel I decided it'd be easier to simply mask them off. Once clean it was time to apply 3x layers of base coat, 3x layers of sealant and 3x layers of finish coat.

Image Image Image

4.5 hours later and I'd completed both doors and by the morning they've dried our and look great...

Image Image Image

For some reason the airbag emblems were missing so a new set were purchased. All that's left to do now is replace a few broken door card clips, then get them fitted!

Image Image Image
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

yalden wrote:
g8jka wrote:I can't wait to see which route your going down with this zed, your old one was fantastic. Looks like you have already picked up plenty of new and rare parts. I have sourced an aero rear bumper for mine which I need to collect so I may be in touch for a little help soon with regards to fitting it. Looking forward to seeing the projector headlights and whether its an easy task to fit them. Are you doing a guide at all?
From memory it was a piece of cake, identical to the original bumper, except for a pair of longer bolts required to fix to the inner arch liner (which incidentally I didn't receive anyway, from memory I just improvised with some off the shelf bolts). If you do get stuck let me know!

Do you have just the bumper, or also skirts? One of the US Z3 websites has a knock off of the Aero rear deck spoiler you may be interested in, I think it was Just Roadster or something!
Yes its pretty similar to the original, got it fitted at the moment but it needs to come off to be sprayed. We also found that a longer bolt/fixing is needed for the arch liner but that won't be a problem.

I've only got the rear bumper, been after one for ages but I would also want the skirts but these are as rare as the bumper. Not to fussed about the rear spoiler as I have a lip one on.

Are you fitting the aero kit to yours along with the schnitzer wheels? Great job on the door cards btw :bow
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

g8jka wrote:Are you fitting the aero kit to yours along with the schnitzer wheels? Great job on the door cards btw :bow
Thanks, yeah I'll be re-fitting the full Aero kit and still have the wheels in storage! Good job on finding the Aero bumper, I'm always on the trawl for parts so if I ever see a set of skirts available I'll be sure to let you know!!

I purchased this tonight, simple but effective solution to offer a couple of USB charging points and headphone jack.

Image Image Image
Mor61e

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mor61e »

I remember seeing pictures of your black Z3 when I was planning to buy my own, love it! Do you have a link to an old progress blog for it?

Looking forward to seeing how this one comes along :)
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Mor61e wrote:I remember seeing pictures of your black Z3 when I was planning to buy my own, love it! Do you have a link to an old progress blog for it?

Looking forward to seeing how this one comes along :)
Yep... check here!

Thanks!
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

yalden wrote:
g8jka wrote:Are you fitting the aero kit to yours along with the schnitzer wheels? Great job on the door cards btw :bow
Thanks, yeah I'll be re-fitting the full Aero kit and still have the wheels in storage! Good job on finding the Aero bumper, I'm always on the trawl for parts so if I ever see a set of skirts available I'll be sure to let you know!!

I purchased this tonight, simple but effective solution to offer a couple of USB charging points and headphone jack.

Image Image Image
Can you please let me know where you got this from ??
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

They're made by Rabbi Doom on bf.com - have a loot at this thread (you need to go a couple of pages in to see the USB insert): http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showt ... sole-piece
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Today's delivery... :P

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

It's taken me some time to work my way through the leather Z3M centre console retrofit but I wanted to make sure the conversion was done properly, without splicing any of the factory loom.

The use of the OEM Z3M gauge harness was fundamental at reducing the amount of work, so massive thanks to Southernboy for the tip!
Southernboy wrote:Part number for harness:- 61102496317
A post by D-reame was also invaluable at determining what each of the wires on the above harness related to.
D-reame wrote: Gauges side ------------------------------------Function
Brown--------------------------------------------Earth
Red/green---------------------------------------Clock Permanent +ve
Grey/Red----------------------------------------Backlight +ve
Purple/Yellow----------------------------------Ignition +ve
Brown/Grey-------------------------------------Air Temp Sensor +ve
Brown/Red--------------------------------------Oil Temp Sensor Signal
I figured the best way to wire in the gauges was by splicing into the headunit adapter loom, this way the conversion would be fully reversible. I also took the opportunity to wire up a 12v to 5v 3A dual-USB adapter, which would provide a source of power to the USB panel at the rear of the console.

A pack of generic loom wiring, some spade connectors and a lot of crimping later...

With the heated rear screen switch and USB panel at the rear of the console, I decided to relocate the roof switch to the front. This could be done by unpicking the factory loom tape and pulling the wires back through to the front of the console. For whatever reason, the spare slot within the centre console had tabs which needed to be trimmed out to mount the switch, but this took just a few moments with a sharp craft knife. All the new wiring was tucked under carpet as per original.

The wiring for the air and oil temperature sensors has been routed to the bulkhead (behind the glovebox) ready for connection, however the interior side of things is complete...

Image Image Image

P.S. I still need to fit the correct handbrake release button; unfortunately it doesn't fit over the standard chrome button so I'll need to order a black plastic version from the dealership.
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

That's the wiring guide I used when I fitted my ///M console and you did a good thing getting an originally wiring loom as it should be straight forward now. Where is your sensor for the oil temperature? I fitted mine in the sump but have never been sure if it gives the correct reading it will be interesting to know what your gauge reads. The USB holder looks great as well but looks like you have the heated rear window switch upside down?
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

g8jka wrote:looks like you have the heated rear window switch upside down?
Ha - good spot! I'll sort that tonight!

I haven't mounted the oil temp gauge but from research it's best placed at the oil filter housing. I intend to buy a billet cap replacement with 1/8th NPT plug. Southernboy provided a link above to Alibaba but unfortunately the item is no longer available. There is another company making them but they're expensive...!
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Sorry I just couldn't cope looking at the picture of it upside down anymore, my OCD was driving me mad.

I have seen them and like you say they are expensive, that's why I originally went for one in the sump but the housing is definitely the best place for them. Any news on the Hamaan top have you got it ready to be fitted yet? The zed is already looking great :thumb:
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Last week a long standing 'Followed Search' came through on eBay in the form of a shiny pair of AC Schnitzer Roll Bars (ACS Part No. 98 05 4 613 730). Given that the price worked out at less than £150.00+P&P I didn't hesitate to click 'Buy it Now'. I wasn't 100% sure the sale was legitimate, however today any doubts were put to rest when a big brown box turned up at the door!

Image Image
911sc

M roadster S54

Post by 911sc »

Pleased it worked out for you!

I still remember pressing the EBay "buy it now" button on my z3m S54 having never seen it ( but with a small amount of due diligence done) and very relieved when I saw/drove it for the first time! Had been after one for ages and had a bad attack of impatience!

Ebay. Don't you just love it!
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

yalden wrote:Last week a long standing 'Followed Search' came through on eBay in the form of a shiny pair of AC Schnitzer Roll Bars (ACS Part No. 98 05 4 613 730). Given that the price worked out at less than £150.00+P&P I didn't hesitate to click 'Buy it Now'. I wasn't 100% sure the sale was legitimate, however today any doubts were put to rest when a big brown box turned up at the door!

Image Image
Wow cheapest I've ever seen by far, well done
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: 2003 3.0i Sport Edition Roadster Individual

Post by yalden »

Almost 5 year have passed and I'm pleased to say that I'm back, although unsure how much activity exists thanks to various social media channels/groups.

The Z3 has been laid up in my garage for around 3 years and even before that it probably only covered a few miles to reach the petrol station and/or garage.

I have struggled to find the time to do much with the car but did strip the front end and take the slam panel to the bodyshop for a freshen up. I also tested my electric pusher fan and remove the viscous fan. I bought various service items with ever intention of working my way through it but with time constraints I've decided to get a mobile mechanic to come and do the job for me.

So this week the car should be lucky enough to have the following work undertaken:

Oil, filter and coolant service
New Fuel Filter
New Spark Plugs
New Water Pump
New Thermostat
New Power Steering cooler line
New Power steering fluid
New Break fluid
New Drive Belts
New Belt Tensioners

I have also removed all of the bonnet opening mechanism and purchased new replacements from BMW. This includes the springs, latches, catches, both bonnet cable pieces and even a Doug Whalen Bonnet Release Lever.

I'll update this post with exact brands and products later as it may prove a useful resource for others. I researched each item to ensure I was buying from a reliable source/brand etc.

With any luck I can get back to updating this post from time to time, for anyone who's still kicking around the place!
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Re: 2003 3.0i Sport Edition Roadster Individual

Post by bertiejaffa »

Welcome back - looking forward to more posts
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal