New Bonnet

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
Buz007

Z3 roadster 1.9

New Bonnet

Post by Buz007 »

so...my Mrs decide to reverse into my Z a few months back now, (expletives deleted) the day after I'd claybar-ed it which was convenient. I managed to source a new bonnet and headlight in a reclamation yard near stoke and got to work. The bonnet was nowhere near as described...despite being Atlanta Blue it was covered in scratches. I took the decision to have it resprayed. Looks better than it did before she binned it to be honest (do not tell her that). here is a few before and after pics, and one of our subsequent trip to the Lake District for our anniversary (which we though we would never reach)!! Drove back home on Sunday, roof down all the way, on the A road through the NYM Sedberg, Hawes, Layburn, Masham, Ripon etc to home. Would recommend
''need I remind you 007, you have a licence to kill...not to break the traffic laws''
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: New Bonnet

Post by Gazza »

Looks like new :thumb: :thumb:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
rayman

blank

Post by rayman »

Glad it is all fixed. I once got a bonnet for a car from Ebay but the courier dropped it and was useless. Next time I drove the car to the seller and fitted the replacement bonnet there.
Buz007

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Buz007 »

Thanks Chaps, I'm very pleased with the workmanship he's done a sterling job. Wasn't a happy camp for a while but now all is well in the world!
''need I remind you 007, you have a licence to kill...not to break the traffic laws''