My Lap Top on a go slow

Advice and assistance on computer matters
mich

Z3 roadster 3.0i

My Lap Top on a go slow

Post by mich »

Is there any thing else that I can do to speed up my PC?
HP Pavilion. 2-3yrs old, 30 GB, Windows XP Home, service pack 2. most of the time (recently)it is so slow eg > My Docos can take several min to appear and some times it is just a couple of secs. I have defraged and also cleaned up hard drive, cleared out all the old unwanted stuff. I run Norton Anti virus on auto update, I regularly scan to check for any that may have slipped through but all is reported as ok, I have 50% unused on hard drive, Please not too technical. :dunce:
TonyCal

blank.gif

Post by TonyCal »

Have you emptied tempory internet files? This can sometimes cause a slow down. General tab in internet options from control panel.
Also I seem to remember reading somewhere in Windows blurb, that you need to reinstall windows once in a while, just to make sure everything is ok.
komis

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by komis »

Sounds like Norton's to blame. Did you install this recently and have you got it permanently on and sweeping every single file that gets opened up?

Documents scanned recently won't be scanned again if you try to open them again, but those that haven't will be, invoking Norton AV, which will take a minute or so to start, scan and sleep again.
wwwwOOOff!!!
Justin Time

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Justin Time »

what space do you have left on your hard disk? XP needs around 10gb spare otherwise it lags like hell. Also substituting norton for AVG Internet Security 7.5 Trial edition isn't a bad idea. It's free and i haven't had any problems with viri or trojans in the past year or so of using it. (note: trial is free and doesn't contain all the gizmos of the full version but contains what is needed to keep a pc clean). Also using Zonealarm as a replacement of windows firewall isn't a bad idea either, just rememberto turn windows FW off if you do use ZA.

If scans of the pc turn up empty, no virus of any kind, the above tips don't improve the situation, and if its not a matter of hardware problems, i suggest you try spybot and its online forum. Read the instructions for the forum and what you need to do, then post up what is required (after registering) in here. Don't add additional posts to the first one you make or it will look as though the question has been answered and the operators will ignore it as they get so many requests of this type.

Alternatively, take it down to PC world and have them look at it for £30 an hour, which will more than likely end up with you being told you need an upgrade (which you don't really if word processing is all you're doing on your pc)

best of luck
BMW Z3 2.0L Velvet Blue Individual Edition
MrPoz-BMWZ4

Not specified

Post by MrPoz-BMWZ4 »

Try Adaware, this removes spyware from your pc.

I have used it for years and is recommended and trusted by people like aol.

I have posted the link for you, its a free download.

http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

While on this subject, is it possible to insert the XP disc to refresh the system ? does it remove any files/folders on the HD?

The reason for asking is my pc takes ages to open mail in Hotmail, I get this message.....

Runtime error

program;C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe

R6025
-pure virtual function call

Any help? I've tried re installing MSN and the message still appears

Gazza.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

It may well be spyware and adware programs, some of them can stay undetected from AV apps and only get detected and removed with spyware and adware removal apps. They are notorious for causing slow downs.

It could also be your hard drive reaching its end of life time! Harddrives typically last 3- 5 years max and before they die, they can become very slow and prone to crashing/freezing/hanging. Have you had any of that recently?
Tourniquet

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Tourniquet »

The biggest single reason for a PC running slow is a lack of available memory (you didn't say how much ram you have).

on a fresh install the only demand on this memory is the operating system (XP in this case) and any programs you decide to run. Over time, when you install programs some will load partly or completely on startup, whether you intend to use them or not.

after 2-3 years there will be enough of these programs nibbling away at the hardware memory that it will be forced to move onto virtual memory (a section of the hard drive that is set aside as overflow for the ram) on an almost permanent basis.

This is why some people swear by reinstalling the OS every now and then, it dumps all the junk that even uninstall programs may not get rid of.

try this to see for yourself.
press crtl, alt delete to bring up the task manager
choose the performance tab.

Physical memory is the good stuff, a really low number here means the system will be using virtual memory a lot more than it should and trying to juggle programs in and out of the ram.. trouble is hard drives have considerably slower access speeds than ram so things slow down until the backlog can be cleared.

:nerd: Now.... for those of you that havn't fallen asleep or chosen ritual suicide over this ramble there are one or two things you can try without resorting to a reformat.

click on the processes tab to see all the programs that are calling on memory. you can choose these oh-so-helpfully-labled programs at random and click "end process" to shut it down.
before you get carried away with this shutting down some processes may cause the system to become unstable or stop responding (a simple system reset will put everything back as it was.) only hint i can give you here is explorer.exe (not to be confused with IEXPLORE.exe) is the windows front end, so leave that alone.

with enough trial and error you can compile a list a programs you can safely shut down without compromising functionality. you should have a more sprightly computer but a real chore getting it every boot up, so lets see if we can't stop them before they start.

in the start menu select run.
type msconfig
and click ok
this is the XP equivalent to boot disks
look through the startup and services tab for the programs you have identified and untick them. this should change the system to a selective startup (similar to safe mode but much more functional) and remove the need to shut the programs down with task manager each time.

Disclaimer:
Use of these procedures are at the owners risk. While they should be relatively risk free I cannot guarantee your computer won't explode, die completely, need therapy or demand a divorce with maintenance. I would be happy to do this on my own machine, but then I know what i'm doing (or can put myself right if things go a bit pear shaped).
Convert to the church of "nice shiny engine bay"
All hail the shiny engine bay.
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

Tourniquet - what you are saying about lack of memory is absolulety correct, however I would advise against any novice/beginner to start playing with the tasks in msconfig having seen what some people end up doing which often causes plenty of headaches, frustrations and more often than not ends up having to reinstall the OS to correct the mess that's been made!

It would be far more painless to reinstall the OS at the outset than go down this path, hence why so many swear by it!
Justin Time

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Justin Time »

if you have the windows install disc and all software discs, why not just format the hard disc/replace the hard disk, load all the programs back on and hey presto, a new pc (in effect)

defragging will help, but you'll notice that not all items get defragged, and there are always some little red bits left if a pc has been used extensively without a wipe/reinstall for a couple of years. this is a last resort but will pretty much guarantee your system going back to how it was when you first bought it.

(please note this is a suggestion to be done at your own risk, even though said risk is slight)
BMW Z3 2.0L Velvet Blue Individual Edition
italex

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re-installing windows xp

Post by italex »

@ Gary

Re-installing windows XP shouild not remove any files, as long as you do a re-install and not a total reformat.

When installing go to the BIOS by pressing F12 / ESC /F5 depending on your system and in the BIOS go to the part where it says what device will be looked at first on boot up.

This is usually HDD/CD/FDD, this needs to be changed to CD/HDD/FDD.

Then when you reboot it will say press any key to boot from CD. Do just that press any key.

Then select the option to re-install windows xp.

Instructions can be found by googling 'reinstall windows XP'

The re-install should then correct any missing drivers or .exe files which may be missing.

Alex
Z3's, one of the little pleasures in life.
Geoff H

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Geoff H »

Not much help in this case but I use Norton Ghost. After doing a clean install of the OS I take an image of the drive. I also take an image of the clean install plus any important programs like Office ect, I can then reload either image in minutes if there is a problem, much quicker than a full reinstall if you have a few programs installed
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

garythefish wrote:While on this subject, is it possible to insert the XP disc to refresh the system ? does it remove any files/folders on the HD?

The reason for asking is my pc takes ages to open mail in Hotmail, I get this message.....

Runtime error

program;C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe

R6025
-pure virtual function call

Any help? I've tried re installing MSN and the message still appears

Gazza.
Have you tried uninstalling then deleting the folder C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger

?
mich After 2-3 years it is definately time for a backup and reinstallation, not least because HD failure is not uncommon in aging laptops.

Get down to Maplin and buy yourself a Seagate USB Hard disk (USB HDD), I think they are £50-60 for 300-500GB.

In Internet Explorer Click Tools>Internet Options and delete all your cookies, history and temporary internet files.

Copy all of My Documents onto the USB HDD, including your Favourites.

Visit the Laptop manufacturers' website Support and download all the WiFi, video card and other key drivers for your model, and move those to the USB HDD.

You might like to Google and download XP SP2 Redistributable and download it from Microsoft. Also AVG free or Avast Home Edition and pybot Search And Destroy. SP2 is 250MB, put them all on you HDD too.

Next trawl c:\program files for any files you may want to keep from programs like Photoshop or Movie Maker.

Once you are ready to reinstall windows either insert your Windows CD and power off the Laptop and unplug all USB and ethernet devices. Turn the laptop over and write down the COA number from the hollogram.

Turn the laptop on and after the beeps and before the Windows Logo press the key indicated on screen to boot from CD or enter the Recovery partiton.

Follow the instructions on screen that will Reinstall a fresh copy of windows. Once you have reintstalled turn off automatic updates and install the wifi and video drivers.

Visit Windows Update from Internet Explorer>tools> windows update. Once the coputer gets to the point where it wants to install SP2 you use the copy on your external HDD or do it from windows updates. After you have collected all the updates you can, turn on automatic updates.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Thanks Alex and Ed, I'll give it a try tomorrow :wink:

Gazza.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage
Tourniquet

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Tourniquet »

BimBeema wrote:Tourniquet - what you are saying about lack of memory is absolulety correct, however I would advise against any novice/beginner to start playing with the tasks in msconfig having seen what some people end up doing which often causes plenty of headaches, frustrations and more often than not ends up having to reinstall the OS to correct the mess that's been made!

It would be far more painless to reinstall the OS at the outset than go down this path, hence why so many swear by it!
But how would a person become anything other than a beginner if they are too afraid to mess around with these sort of back stage areas? yup, they can cause headaches if you mess up, but it's a learning experience all the same. first you learn not to do what you did that got you into the aforementioned mess and second you learn how to get out of said mess. on the other hand most begginers first instinct is to call someone to fix it rather than have a go themselves.

as long as you can reinstall the operating system (which is now a damn sight easier than it used to be) and don't mind the possibility of having to spend a few hours reinstalling applications, I say dive in head first at the deep end.

In the words of Friedrich Nietzche
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.

and in the words of Douglas Adams
Don't Panic
mich

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mich »

Thanks for all the responses and advice some of it is a bit tech for me, perhaps a reboot would be easiest, I don’t know

Temporary internet files have been cleared.
Norton installed approx 20mths ago, and yes it sits there doing it thing all the time, I must add that this slow down has only recently happened say 7-8 wks of being really bad.
50% of HD is free so that would be 15GB.

estocks,
I have 2 Cds that were supplied with the Computer
1. Driver Recovery CD (contains software and drivers already installed.
For software reinstallation and repair only)
2. Application Recovery CD (contains application software for system restore)
Are these what I need ? If so which one? does any thing have to be saved
when using one of these CDs I.e. Short cuts, pass words, programmes installed since new. If so do I use the method you suggested, I assume that once inserted there will be prompts etc to guide me through it. Thanks in anticipation
rustyz4

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by rustyz4 »

Cant believe you are suggesting re installing the operating system, this is all very drastic for the fact programs dont open quick enough.

Start with the obvious,,

which is a ram upgrade, take it to PC world and let them put it in for you, they dont charge much for it. Nearly all laptops suffer with this, what you have in is 512 ram i guess or maybe less, which is fine to start with, but over time more this will start to struggle.

Just ask them to increase the ram ( maybe £30 ?? installed ) take it up to 1024,, trust me you will instantly see the difference when opening programmes like word etc, infact everything works so much better.
Tourniquet

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Tourniquet »

A ram upgrade would certainly be a good solution if there are any free bays. these may have already been used up on purchase.
Any idea how much ram you have mich? you can find out by right clicking "my computer" and choosing properties. ram will be listed at the bottom along with a few other specs.

don't think either of those disks are what you want, unfortunately many manufacturers stopped offering operating system recovery disks or original disks without additional spending.
you would be looking for a disk that either says Windows XP (home/pro etc) or system recovery.

these type of disks generally work by putting them in the drive and resetting the system, this boots from the CD instead of the harddrive
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

rustyz4 wrote:Cant believe you are suggesting re installing the operating system, this is all very drastic for the fact programs dont open quick enough.

Start with the obvious,,

which is a ram upgrade, take it to PC world and let them put it in for you, they dont charge much for it. Nearly all laptops suffer with this, what you have in is 512 ram i guess or maybe less, which is fine to start with, but over time more this will start to struggle.

Just ask them to increase the ram ( maybe £30 ?? installed ) take it up to 1024,, trust me you will instantly see the difference when opening programmes like word etc, infact everything works so much better.
I do agree with this, although pilling on more RAM is only going to work once, and the OP did say Windows was a 2-3 year old installation, and really Windows does need a yearly reinstall to keep it fom 'magically' slowing down to a crawl. :head:

Mich You will need those driver disks, although newer versions of the files will be available online at the laptop manufacturers' site.

You will find a D: (about 3-5GB in size) in your computer that contains the windows install files. You will be able to access them by rebooting and pressing the key indicated on screen after the RAM test beeps and before the Windows Logo.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Sorted my problem, thanks Guys for your help

Gazza.
Gazza

ImageImage
mich

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mich »

Tourniquet, I have checked on My Comp and found this:
Intel (R)
Pentium (R) CPU 2.80GHz
2.8GHz, 192 MB of RAM

rustyz4, I am just trying to find out how to fix the bl**d# thing, I thought maybe I could do it myself, with some help. This is my first computer and while I can use it reasonably OK I don't know how to fix it, in the end it looks as though I will have to take it in to the experts. But thanks for all the help. :) :)
beemz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by beemz »

i swear on using these programs to keep my laptop running sweet. Avast as complete security, it's real time protection and uses little resorces unlike Norton which i have but it uses far too much system resorses hence slow running. Besides that, it's free. Also running CCleaner to remove any unwanted files, i run that everyday which clears out any rubbish that may have been attatched to web seaches, cookies temp files etc. I also use Eusing free registry cleaner to clear anything that may get through the gate. Anyway, as i said these work great for me and have had no problems. Good luck, these may help keep you running as efficiently as your pc will allow with the config you have.
Tourniquet

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Tourniquet »

192mb ram means your computer probably shipped with 64mb ram and the expansion port has been taken up with another 128mb.

the panel for the 128 chip is likely easily accessable (probably on the underside) while the 64 chip is likely nestled under the keyboard and several plates.

both could (and really should) be upgraded to get a bare minimum of 512, 1024 if possible. you could take it to a shop and get it priced or think about having a go yourself.

if you know what model laptop you have you can find out how much the ram would cost.
beemz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by beemz »

Tourniquet wrote:192mb ram means your computer probably shipped with 64mb ram and the expansion port has been taken up with another 128mb.

the panel for the 128 chip is likely easily accessable (probably on the underside) while the 64 chip is likely nestled under the keyboard and several plates.

both could (and really should) be upgraded to get a bare minimum of 512, 1024 if possible. you could take it to a shop and get it priced or think about having a go yourself.

if you know what model laptop you have you can find out how much the ram would cost.
what he said!!!
rustyz4

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by rustyz4 »

mich wrote:Tourniquet, I have checked on My Comp and found this:
Intel (R)
Pentium (R) CPU 2.80GHz
2.8GHz, 192 MB of RAM

rustyz4, I am just trying to find out how to fix the bl**d# thing, I thought maybe I could do it myself, with some help. This is my first computer and while I can use it reasonably OK I don't know how to fix it, in the end it looks as though I will have to take it in to the experts. But thanks for all the help. :) :)
Mich

I wasnt meaning to be rude about re loading the o p system,, I appreciate you are just trying to fix "the bloody thing" god knows I have had my moments with computers :head: ,, but if all you have is 192 ram, it is to be honest really not enough,, what you have is ports (usually on a laptop on the underside beneath a cover), where you plug the ram in, in most cases there are two ports (or plug in slots) the ram can be bought in various sizes,, e.g. 256 ,, 512,, 1024 etc what I am suggesting is you either put in one 512 or 2x 256 or better still 2 x 512,, but you have to make sure you get the right type of ram (there are more than one type) there for like i suggested if you can afford it take it to somewhere like pc world and they will advise you what ram you need, and how much you can put in.

If its any consolation a ram upgrade is one of the cheapest most effective things you can do for any computer.

Think of it like upgrading from run flats to non runflats :lol: (but a lot cheaper).

If I can be of any help, drop me a PM.

Rusty
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

Definately need more RAM. Post the laptop model number, it could be a DIY job.
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

Yes, does sound like u need more RAM, however u have to be aware that there is a maximum RAM that your computer can support and you can't just upgrade to the biggest and best. If you put in more RAM than can be supported, it can have an adverse effect, causing further slow downs and blue screening. Unfortunately plebs at PC World won't often tell u this and will just install what ever u ask them or give u the biggest and most expensive. U can find out how much the maximum RAM ur computer can take by checking it on Crucial website, just google for it and then enter your computer details in the memory upgrade section and it should tell u! Good luck.
mich

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mich »

rustyZ4, no offence taken I realise you are all trying to help and I have checked out the site that bimbeemer suggested and had a free scan, it seems that a 1GB memory stick or whatever they are called is the way to go, my system check showed:
My computer has 256mb + 1 empty slot. its max capacity is 2048mb
One last question (famous last words) is it just a matter of sticking it in the slot which I could just about manage or (as I suspect) is it a bit more complicated, in which case I will take to the Comp Shop.
Tourniquet

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Tourniquet »

as long as you can find the slot, and get the right sort of memory it's just a matter of popping the old chip out and slotting the new one in.

the ram is usually held in place by side clips, release these and it should spring out to a 45 degree angle. grip it by the edge of the circuit board and pull. should slide out which a little resistance from the contacts.

putting the new one in is just a reversal. place it in the slot at around 45 degrees, push firmly on the edge to seat the gold contacts then press down flat so that the clips hold it in place.

both the computer and windows should automatically recognise there is additional ram. (when you first boot up the machine it should count up the ram you have, although some laptops tend to hide this behind a manufacturers logo. if i recall you can drop the logo by pressing escape) that's it, one of the easier DIY upgrades you can do.

bit confused over numbers though. do you have 192mb ram (what your machine says it has) or 256mb ram (presumably what the website says your model should have)?

either way have a look around for the panel that covers the ram slots.

BTW, make sure you touch something metal before handling the ram to ground any static build up on you.
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

Mich, RAM upgrades are fairly simple to install - u open their compartment under the laptop on in the case of PCs their casing, u then pull one out and insert the other (if replacing or insert both)! simple things to remember are: obviously insert in the right direction, earth yourself first by touching something metal, try not to touch the components on the board (hold it by its edges if you can)! Its really a 5 min job! Once done and booted up, go to "my computer > Properties > General" to see if it has recognised your new RAM.

A few more things to remember before buying your RAM modules:
1) Buy the right type of RAM - this should be stated in your Crucial report - if not open your laptop/PC and have a look at what's installed already - it should have a label on it to say what it is.
2) Buy the right speed rating - Again apart from the right type, there is a maximum speed of RAM that your computer can support, paying for higher speed that can't be supported will be a waste of money. Also the two modules (i.e. what you already have installed and your new module) must match in speed ratings. If one is higher than the other, then your machine will just revert to the lower speed as that's the common denominator. The speed rating should also be in your Crucial report.
3) It is advisable but not entirely necessary to have the same sized RAM modules in each bank - for example 2 x 256mb or 2 x 512mb or 2 x 1gb modules. This will be a bit more expensive as you'll have to pay for two modules but it will mean in the event one module fails your system will still run, however it may be cheaper to just buy one bigger module and cross that bridge if & when u get to it. It's up to you.
4) Finally as mentioned before don't exceed the maximum RAM as stated in your crucial report.

Hope this helps.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Windows can be a bit pants with it's virtual memory settings sometimes when you add a memory upgrade. It's easy fixed, but it can mean that it doesn't take full advantage of your new RAM.

Right-click My Computer and select Properties.

On System Properties dialog that pops up, select the Advanced tab, and under Performance, click the Settings button.

On the Performance Options dialog that opens, select the Advance tab, and under Virtual Memory, click the Change button.

If System managed size is selected, then leave it things alone and close the dialogs. If Custom size is selected then ensure that the Initial size is at least the size of your RAM and that the Maximum size is about double your RAM.

Before anyone says, I know this is the size of the page file, and that with enough RAM you shouldn't even need a page file, but Windows is stupid seems to need at least as much page file as you have RAM otherwise you get "virtual memory is low" messages despite that fact that you have lots of free RAM. :head:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

Just to add a bit of detail to the RAM slotting in process.

First make sure you can get the screw out of the RAM cover before you buy, I've had to hand-drill one out once :wink: The cover will be marked with a symbol that looks like a stick of RAM.

Second don't bin the old RAM stick for a few months and treat it gently when you remove it.

Thirdly when handling RAM hold it by the edges like an old 12" LP, and never touch the copper contacts along the long edge.

Fnally when you first boot up with the new RAM the PC will make a nerve-jarring screech noise as it detects the new RAM size. You can press F1 to continue as instructed on screen.
mich

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mich »

Just an update, I have decided to let the pros do the job and have ordered a 1GB module, Do you think a registry cleaner would be any good? such as RegCure, or will my defrag and disc clean up do the same job, RegCure can be d/l for US$29.95 per year. :dunce:
John Boy
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by John Boy »

mich wrote:Just an update, I have decided to let the pros do the job and have ordered a 1GB module, Do you think a registry cleaner would be any good? such as RegCure, or will my defrag and disc clean up do the same job, RegCure can be d/l for US$29.95 per year. :dunce:
For a windows cleaner:

http://www.stevengould.org/index.php?op ... &Itemid=69

For free windows maintenance:

http://www.iobit.com/

The first time I ran these my Laptops performance improved vastly, especially after the Windows Cleaner! I thought I had got rid of all the temp files etc, but apparently not!!!
John Boy
2.8 Z3
Kipper

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Kipper »

Just added an extra gig of ram and removed non essential programmes from startup as mine was dog slow.

Much better now.
mich

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mich »

Well, all is fixed. Ran RegCure and not a lot of improvement noticed :bawl: Took PC to Smart PC in my nearest big town, they installed a 1GB thingy while I waited and watched, it took about 5 min, there was no labour charge absolutely free fitting. Now it runs better than new so I have a M type PC, unbelievable, so fast. thanks guys for the advice and to admin "a good idea to have a help forum for computers" :D :D
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

mich wrote:Well, all is fixed. Ran RegCure and not a lot of improvement noticed :bawl: Took PC to Smart PC in my nearest big town, they installed a 1GB thingy while I waited and watched, it took about 5 min, there was no labour charge absolutely free fitting. Now it runs better than new so I have a M type PC, unbelievable, so fast. thanks guys for the advice and to admin "a good idea to have a help forum for computers" :D :D
Try this. It's free and it works.