Large laptop case - anybody seen any

Advice and assistance on computer matters

Large laptop case - anybody seen any

Post by Guest »

My other half has a 18.4" laptop - no I agree it's not compact and all that portable but it's what he wanted.

Problem now, cannot find a case anywhere for it. Manufacture (Acer) even admits to having not thought of a case for it... so any ideas folks?

Looked in loads of computer/luggage shops and on-line, nearest we got was one in the Sony shop but it was £126 - which I personnaly thought was somewhat OTT.
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Why does the OT need a case for it?
You said he never leaves the chair............ :oops:
Image :devil:

Post by Guest »

Aahh but he's a contractor so he works away too so on those occassions it has to go in his holdhall crushing all his nicely ironed shirts !!

He turned his nose up at the ASDA bag I offered him - can't please some folk !! :?
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

Try crumpler. Not very professional looking, but truly awesome bags. Invincible.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Snoops wrote: it has to go in his holdhall crushing all his nicely ironed shirts !!
Doh....put it in first with the shirts on top :twisted:
I've had aTargus and currently use a Swissgear backpack for mine.
Sadly neither seem to list compatibility for 18.4" screens but I suspect one might fit in a 17" backpack as they are not a tight fit.
You would need to try before you buy.... :pc

(or get him a travel iron with lessons :devil:)

Post by Guest »

Cheers Estocks - he's looking now.

Now Titan - you presumed I had ironed the shirts :nono

I taught him to iron years ago...and I hope all men on here can iron :wink:

He doesn't want a backpack style bag either so that narrows it down.
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Snoops wrote: and I hope all men on here can iron :wink:
I have no problem doing the ironing but :colourful: .....it sounds like you need to learn how to pack his bag :head:

(Guess I'd better apologise for that one up front :oops: )

Post by Guest »

mmmm apology accepted.

He's happy at the moment - found a few on the Crumpler site so now he even has a choice OMG...
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Snoops wrote:mmmm apology accepted.
Phew - that was close :)
:cheers

You have email
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

I was about to give another recommendation for a Swissgear backpack, as the one I have is very well made and will hold far more than I can carry. I can't manage a shoulder one because of my back, but I am okay if I can put the weight on both shoulders - I swear by mine as it is great to take on planes as I can put everything in it - but by the sound of it, he wants a "mug-me-now" laptop case. You should have more choice with these, but most are usually pretty hideous creations.

If you want a choice, type "laptop case" into Amazon and you will get about 300 to choose from. They were the best price for mine too.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc

Post by Guest »

Cheers Robert, I'll tell him about Amazon too.

He wants a messenger style bag going over the shoulder, he had a rucksack type for his previous smaller laptop but only ever carried it on one shoulder !
calbens

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by calbens »

Hi Snoops,

I've just done a search on ebay and they have a few cases upto 19", just make sure you add 19" to the search or you'll be looking through them for the next week or more. :lol:

My OH's old laptop is 19" and it's a permenant feature on the table :roll: it's to flippin heavy to lump around lol.

Post by Guest »

Cheers Calbens

His 1st response was "I don't want a 2nd hand bag" !

He doesn't go on Ebay much... I've explained that it has grown somewhat over the years.. so he's looking, told him to put the 19" in too.

Have you found out whether you're able to go to the NW meet? be nice to meet another female zedder.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Snoops I use a crumpler laptop shoulder bag for my Sony, used every day for 2 years and its great, I can fit loads of paperwork and bits n bobs in as well and has padding to protect the laptop.

I got it half price from the Apple store as it was old stock :wink:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Snoops wrote:His 1st response was "I don't want a 2nd hand bag"
I misread that as "I don't want a 2nd handbag" :roflmao:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc

Post by Guest »

Robert T wrote:
Snoops wrote:His 1st response was "I don't want a 2nd hand bag"
I misread that as "I don't want a 2nd handbag" :roflmao:

Cheers R.
To be honest, when I re-read it, I read the same .... I think he's quite happy with his handbag :)

and it now looks like he's narrowed down the laptop bag to a Crumpler one or a boring one from John Lewis..

Thanks for all the suggestions...