spam emails, hundreds of them!

Advice and assistance on computer matters
lurch 1

blank

spam emails, hundreds of them!

Post by lurch 1 »

Since last week I have started to get spam emails which I do not open. They are listed as spam and I delete them. It is emails asking to be forwarded. I was getting about 1 every minute now this morning I had 120 from last night, I informed Microsoft but is there any other correct steps for these or is the delete button the best option? The PC is only used by me and only for very few sites. thanks for help :head:
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Have you posted your email address on any forums? If so, go back and edit your posts to remove it - may be a bit late now, but it will stop your address being harvested again.

I take it you are talking about a hotmail account - in which case I don't think there is much you can do to control it, other than wait for microsoft to get their fingers out. Just keep deleting them.

BTW 120 is less than a tenth of my daily spam delivery... :(

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
lurch 1

blank

Spam

Post by lurch 1 »

I am with AOL? I think this only started after I used a call centre in India to insure my Z3 and my MG through More Than! I dont suppose AOL can help? Thanks for now. :(
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I use a few email addresses for this exact reason. My Yahoo has spam all the time. Any time a site asks for email, it gets the Yahoo email.

Spam phone calls are worse, TalkTalk/LeisureTime are a nightmare at the moment, all hours of the day and evening :head: :head:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Don't know about AOL, but both my personal email accounts offer limited spam filtering, and my work account we use a very good spam filtering service. I would have thought there would be a web control panel somewhere in which you can add keywords that cause messages to be quarantined if they contain them. Am sure someone else on here must use AOL and will be able to advise you.

G, dunno if you are talking about your home or business line, but have you tried the Telephone Preference Service. I signed up and I get very few unwanted phone calls now - those I get are usually from companies I do deal with, who seem to think it is their god given right to try and sell me more stuff.

Latest problem for me is young ladies turning up on the doorstep in the early evening who don't take no for an answer.... sadly they only want to sell me gas and electricity. :evil:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Rob, it's the home phone and I'm registered with the TPS and FPS.

I did 1471 and Googled the number and it came up with lots of results and said it was TalkTalk. I emailed TalkTalk and they said it would take 28 days to remove my number from their calling list.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Robert T wrote: Latest problem for me is young ladies turning up on the doorstep in the early evening who don't take no for an answer.... sadly they only want to sell me gas and electricity. :evil:

Cheers R.
Just ask them if they are interested in joining in with the Sex Games Party that is going on in the lounge :lol: That usually shifts them, if not..... Whey Hey !! :P
Gazza

ImageImage
Zip229

Z8 roadster

Post by Zip229 »

With AOL? You should use the AOL spam blocker feature. If you are still having problems contact them. They may have to suspend your email account and issue you are new one.