Advice and assistance on computer matters
CP00black

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by CP00black »

Hi!

Sometimes the threads will still be marked as "new posts" even tho' I try to click just the header or the go-to-new-post? Im on Win/Chrome.. do anyone else have this "problem"?

AS Im reading through basically the whole site scanning for knowledge and ideas on what would be right for our Z I frequently find myself reading the same threads multiple times.

-P
VikingSven

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by VikingSven »

If you haven't read a thread, it has a little icon next to it, which disappears when you read the thread
CP00black

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by CP00black »

Excuse my lousy english but thats my problem.. the "new"-icon stays on even tho' Ive clicked/read the thread!?
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

I have had this problem too with Firefox. It doesn't do it on all threads for me and not all the time. The last time it happened, clearing the browser cache helped, but of course this resets all threads to being unread, which probably isn't going to help you.

I've not had time to look at how the mechanism works - for the server to supply different icons implies some kind of relationship between a cookie in your browser and the server storing some data about it, but I can't see the server storing read/unread markers for every user session. It may be implemented client-side in javascript, in which case it could be a bug in either the browser or the javascript code, or it could be a limit on the number of read/unread threads that it can remember.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
CP00black

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by CP00black »

Thx for the reply!

Im on Chrome, for various reasons, and there is nowhere under the "hood" to set individual cookiesizes or cache's. Ive looked at the code on various forumpages and the usual "will only work on IE 5.5..." pops up now and then. Ill just have to live with it I guess. Its minor so no worries...

...but it is 2010 now. Can we all please come to consensus on r e a l webstandards! ;-)

-P
*Getting off soapbox... and clicks on "Mark all topics as read" again*