Scrabble on a tablet

Advice and assistance on computer matters
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Scrabble on a tablet

Post by Ragtop »

Please help with my indecision!

We want to be able to play Scrabble on a tablet during flights or on a cruise and, therefore, without internet access.

The choice is the Ipad3 or the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (quad core version).

I have Words for Friends on my Android Phone but it won't let me play against Mrs Ragtop (pass and play) without an internet connection.

I have searched the internet for an answer as to whether the ipad can let us play Scrabble with no internet connection and I think we can.

This could be a deal breaker for us as this is one of the things that we specifically want the tablet for.

Can anyone help me and let me know whether they are able to play Scrabble or a Scrabble type game on their tablet, either ipad or Android, without any internet connection?
Eastsix

Not specified

Re: Scrabble on a tablet

Post by Eastsix »

I used to have official scrabble on my iphone, and yes, it worked pass n play without internet. We used it on a flight ourselves.
2.8 sadly departed, currently between zeds.....
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Thanks for your reply Eastsix. It looks like the ipad is the one for us. Playing scrabble certainly makes the time go quicker on long flights.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Is this the EA version of Scrabble, as it gets lousy reviews on Android?

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Robert T wrote:Is this the EA version of Scrabble, as it gets lousy reviews on Android?

Cheers R.
I agree Robert the EA version does get awful reviews. We are looking at the Scrabble HD version for the ipad, the reviews for this are mixed.

I wonder if anyone on here has the HD version. Another option maybe to download "Words With Friends" but not sure if we could play it without internet connection.
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

My iphone words with friends shuts down without an internet connection - i dont think it has a pass n play option. My iphone scrabble game was official, I think it might have been EA, I had no issues with it whatsoever. I only reason I use words with friends is because all my mates use it. Scrabble app never froze or shut down like WWF does occasionally.
2.8 sadly departed, currently between zeds.....
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

We settled for the ipad 3 in the end, it arrived yesterday and it is just what we need to replace an old netbook. We also downloaded the Scrabble HD from the Apple store and we played it last night and it worked well.

Thanks guys for all your comments. :thumb: