Create windows 7 recovery disc from PC running Vista

Advice and assistance on computer matters
lurch 1

blank

Create windows 7 recovery disc from PC running Vista

Post by lurch 1 »

Looking for help to create a recovery disc for my lap top (which is running Windows 7) this Pc is running Windows Vista. Have looked on you tube and followed instructions etc but cant find how to do it with this one running Vista. Or can I buy a recovery Disc for Windows 7, any help please?
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Create windows 7 recovery disc from PC running Vista

Post by Dave L2 »

You can't create a Windows 7 Recovery Disc from Windows Vista.

If you initially installed Windows 7 from a DVD then you can use that to access the Recovery Console or you can use it to do a Repair Install, which won't delete all your data. If the machine came pre-installed then you will need to follow the manufactures' recovery instructions which will more than likely result in the loss of your data. However if you have a later model HP machine then the recovery process should include an Emergency Backup which will try to backup your data to a USB drive before formatting the HDD.

Alternatively you could try this http://www.pcworld.com/article/248995/h ... _disc.html
lurch 1

blank

Post by lurch 1 »

Many thanks for reply. Am I correct in saying that I can carry out the instructions on the link you provided on this PC which is running Windows Vista, or must it be done on the one that is effected? The laptop was purchased new several months ago for my Daughter, it never came with any start discs etc. Thanks again JBD :rtm:
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dave L2 »

You can use any PC to create a disc as per the link as all you are doing is downloading and burning an iso file.

Before you do, check the reinstall instructions for the laptop and use that rather than reinstalling using the link above. If you don't have the instructions for the laptop search online for the make and model and "reinstalling windows".

If you do use the link above don't change the partitioning on the hard drive of the laptop or you will delete the reinstallation partition and will not be able to use it in the future.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk