Advanced Search - HELP!!!

Advice and assistance on computer matters
DomS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Advanced Search - HELP!!!

Post by DomS »

How on Earth do you do an "Advanced Search" on this (or ANY!) forum???
I want to search for a string/phrase (e.g. "ABS wiring diagram").

I don't want posts that have ABS and wiring and diagram scattered around as individual words.

I DO want posts that have the string or phrase ABS wiring diagram.

If I enter the search string in quotes as above, I get results for individual words.
If I enter the search string with "AND" between each word, I get results for individual words.
If I enter the search string with "+" between each word, I get results for individual words.

I can't believe it's not possible to search for a string/phrase, or is it really not possible???

I can't find help anywhere (either here or anywhere on Google) that can help! :bawl:

Any help appreciated (including links to the pinout of the ABS control module :) )

Cheers,
Dom
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Advanced Search - HELP!!!

Post by Brian H »

^^^ Dont know, but if you are looking for the wiring diagram for the ABS circuit you will need the Electrical Troubleshooting Manual (ETM) which can be found here > Clicky Link

The link will automatically start to download the ETM PDF.

HTH
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Site search (even advanced) is a bit basic with phpBB. If you want to do a more advanced search, enter the following into Google:

Code: Select all

site:zroadster.net "ABS Wiring Diagram"
However, it would appear that this is a bit of a Googlewhack, returning just this thread!

If you drop the "ABS", and just search for "Wiring Diagram", you get 1,310 results, most of which look useful.

A full set of links is actually given in the knowledgebase, here: http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 18&t=34176

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
DomS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by DomS »

Brian/Robert,

Thanks very much, both very useful links.

I always try and search for answers before posting a question and I thought I must be doing something a bit daft when I couldn't search for a complete phrase (to avoid sifting through what could be 100's or 1000's of irrelevant results) ...but hey ho, it looks like I can save my :dunce: cap for another day!

Cheers,
Dom