Yorkshire Dales pub

Use this forum to tell us about good (or bad!) pubs and restaurants. Please keep it on topic!
rgf

Not specified

Yorkshire Dales pub

Post by rgf »

It's not that I am biased, but the Yorkshie Dales is the most beautiful part of England and the best of the Dales is Wharfedale.
North of Skipton through Burnsall, Grassington, Kettlewell (the prettiest vilage- 'Calendar Girls filmed here. Kings Arms for the best beer, Racecourse Inn for the best food) , up through Buckden to Cray where you will find the best pub in the Dale.

Cray has a wondeful 17th century pub 'The White Lion'
This is a typical small Dales pub. Stone floors, beams etc. You and your dog will get a warm welcome.
Beers are excellent and local (Timothy Taylors and Skipton Brewery).
Food is well cooked, fresh, locally sourced and very plentiful. Have three courses and you won't be able to fit in a Zed.
Lamb shank is recommended - but be warned, they are enormous!
Starters £5. Main courses £9-£14. Great quality and value!
B&B is £35 pppn and very comfortable.
www.whitelioncray.co.uk

Good driving to get there. Carry on up t'Dale over the top to Hawes in Wensleydale (home of 'All creatures great and small') for some more fantastic scenery.
John Boy
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by John Boy »

Sounds great, thanks for sharing.

A few details from the Website:

The White Lion Inn, Cray, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 5JB
Tel: 01756 760262
Email: admin@whitelioncray.com
John Boy
2.8 Z3
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

There's a group of us going to the Dales today. Staying in Thwaite and Sunday lunch at Tan Hill.
Saturday lunch in Ripon and lots of good roads between meals. :lol:
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
SCORPION
Z Register member

Z1 roadster

Post by SCORPION »

Thanks for the update rgf. It's over 20 years since I walked between all those pubs and I often wondered if they are still open. Will go for a pleasant walk up there in the near future.
Tiggerr

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Tiggerr »

Totally agree, the dales offer enjoyable runs and stunning scenery. My wife and I drove up to Hawes, Thwaite, Muker, Gunnerside,Leyburn down to Skipton on Sunday in the Z.
We were accompanied by friends in their MG TF (nice car but not a patch on the Z imho) and had the tops down all day, FANTASTIC . If anyone is around that way try the BRIDGE INN at GRINTON, lovely home cooked food and country pub atmosphere, only fly in the ointment is not being able to sample the beers cos you are driving.