Bmw Z1 RLE

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
benslick

blank.gif

Bmw Z1 RLE

Post by benslick »

I suppose this question is for most of the German members, does anyone own the Alpina Z1 RLE and if so could we see some pics. I would very much like to buy some original 17inch Alpina wheels for my Z1. I would even get rid of my 18inch copies for the real things. Also will any real Alpina wheels fit a four stud Z1 and whome should i call to get them.

many thanks, Ben..
Attachments
rle_3.jpg
rle_3.jpg (128.14 KiB) Viewed 3925 times
rle_2.jpg
rle_2.jpg (192.05 KiB) Viewed 3925 times
rle_1.jpg
rle_1.jpg (181.88 KiB) Viewed 3925 times
Last edited by benslick on Wed 23 May, 2007 13:43, edited 1 time in total.
Benslick
PhoenixCoupe

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by PhoenixCoupe »

E30 Alpina wheels should be correct for the Z1, as they will also be 4 stud. Being E30 based, the offset should also be correct. Biggest problem is going to be getting genuine Alpina wheels I would guess, and copies never look quite right IMO.

Only the E30 M3 had 5 stud hubs (which I believe take 5 / 7 series wheels and offsets)
Pat Slade

Z1 roadster

Alpina RLE

Post by Pat Slade »

Ben.
Do you think the German car is a genuine RLE ? I thought they had clear front sidelight/indicator lenses.

Wheels look great. IMHO

Pat
PhoenixCoupe

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by PhoenixCoupe »

Could be wrong, but, those pictures are from Alpina's website afair...
horke

Z1 Alpina Roadster

Re: Bmw Z1 RLE

Post by horke »

benslick wrote:I would very much like to buy some original 17inch Alpina wheels for my Z1.
17" Alpinas (4 stud) are nearly impossible to get, as Alpina has only a few in stock left - and they only give them to RLE-owners in exchange for a broken one.
One Solution would be to get the 17" (5 stud) from a 5Series (B10) in 17x8 - and use adapters from 4-5 stud (see www.spurverbreiterung.de). It's not cheap - but it works - and not as expensive as the original RLE-Wheels (even if you manage to get them).
benslick

blank.gif

Dear Horke

Post by benslick »

Dear Horke,

Thank you very much for the infomation i will have a think about what to do. Maybe i should just try to buy A real Alpina Z1 RLE from Germany! I just never saw one for sale. I will never sell my normal Z1 but i just love Alpina design with the Z1. I just feel a bit stupid making my normal Z1 look like an Alpina when it is not, like i trying to pretend my car is even cooler than it is!

I am thinking of coming to the German Z1 owners trip to Denmark in September. My wife is Danish and she is from Sonderborg. It might be very nice to come on that trip...

Many thanks,

Ben
Benslick
xyobgyn

Z1 roadster

Alpina 16's

Post by xyobgyn »

It looks like new Alpina 16's can be had...even staggered as we say. The offset is close, not quite right.

In front Alpina 3611125 16x7 ET 28
In rear Alpina 3611129 16x8 ET 28

I think the rear is just about right, not the front. But, is this really that much of an upgrade for someone wanting more grip? Perhaps all you're getting is .5 inch in the rear...and you're losing some in the front.

Appearance wise, staggered Alpina's would be beautiful...

Saw them at Alloywheelsdirect.net

Anyone in the UK or europe see them cheaper new?

Alex....
Baby deliveries by day, baby deliveries by night, Euro motors in between.
xyobgyn

Z1 roadster

16x8 fitment

Post by xyobgyn »

Does anyone know if the 8's will fit in front as well?

I'm surprised no one has tried this even. Apparently for a while the 8 inch were out of production for 16 4 lug version, but they are now available.

Alex.
felix

Z1 roadster

Post by felix »

Ignoring the aesthetics of bigger wheels and tires for a moment do you really think the Z1 is lacking in grip? I find that it sticks like the proverbial to a blanket.
pierrez1

Z1 roadster

Re: 16x8 fitment

Post by pierrez1 »

xyobgyn wrote:Does anyone know if the 8's will fit in front as well?

I'm surprised no one has tried this even. Apparently for a while the 8 inch were out of production for 16 4 lug version, but they are now available.

Alex.
They will fit at the front also :)
xyobgyn

Z1 roadster

Alpina Trivia

Post by xyobgyn »

Well, heard back direct from Alpina, and KSK regarding the rim questions.

RLE came with 17 x 8, offset 22mm. Each was individually numbered, and replacement was contingent on them getting the number of the rim you were replacing to sell you another one.

Alpina would not comment on fitment of the 16x7 or 16x8 saying they don't make rims for the Z1 at all.

KSK in USA, Susan was very helpful, and found the above data in old product literature they have dating back to 1991 for the Z1.

Alpina does have a front set of springs, part # 31 33 108 for us, USD was $345 each. They lower by 20mm. This is from KSK and Alpina put together.

6mm offset difference between 16x8 28mm and 17x8 22mm is PROBABLY not going to be an issue in the front.

Alex.