A Z1 anyone ?

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
TJS

Z1 roadster

A Z1 anyone ?

Post by TJS »

Z1 values certainly appear to be on the up if adverts are anything to go by !!

see; http://www.classicdriver.de/uk/find/410 ... lerid=1337 at Oakfields.com

The registration number has been removed so it is difficult to identify the car, however, I strongly suspect this is the car I looked at 5 years ago. It was offered for sale by a Mercedes dealer in Kent who were selling the car on behalf of a customer. The mileage ties in with the description as does the faded drivers seat and the original tyres. The car had been stored in a garage and the sun had bleached the drivers seat. The tyres were badly flat spotted due to standing during storage and need to be replaced. The photograph still shows Pirelli P700s fitted to the car. The history revealed the car was originally supplied to a customer in Norway and then imported into the UK by company at a figure in excess of £50k. Several years later the car was sold to its second owner who was the main shareholder of the company. Perhaps the companys auditors were questioning the "asset" following the collapse of the classic car boom in the early 90's. The Merc dealers were keen to sell having just serviced the car and replaced the ABS controller.

I made an offer for the car but was advised the owner had decided to export the car to Spain where he had a Villa. Still, the Merc dealer did a good deal on servicing my day to day car while I test drove the Z1

TJS
Pat Slade

Z1 roadster

Post by Pat Slade »

Although German prices seem to be ahead of the UK at present one can only guess what this will sell for.
As the ad intimates this is not a UK car I see that someone has fitted indicator repeaters and a speedo. in miles. Certainly looks good in the photos although I would be happier to buy one which had had a bit more regular use.
I am sure we wolud all be delighted if it sold for the asking price!

pat