FS: nearly new OE BMW Z1 catalytic converter

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
aurelius

Z1 roadster

FS: nearly new OE BMW Z1 catalytic converter

Post by aurelius »

Background: when I imported my Z1 to the USA in 2002, the US government required me to have a new cat installed. It appears to be NOS (new old stock) and was produced in 1992. It is not a remanufactured part.

The part was installed by a BMW dealer in Hamburg, Germany, in May of 2002. It was removed 3 years later when I purchased a slightly used Lorenz dual exhaust system (including cat) from another Z1 owner.

The cat in question was driven for about 3.000 miles in Texas. It was never driven in rain and has been in climate-controlled storage since removal from the car (ie zero rust). It is therefore virtually new. I have records to support all of this.

This part has become brutally expensive in recent years (http://tinyurl.com/7pkgko) and since I no longer have use for it, I would like to sell it.

I will be placing it on German ebay soon but if any of you are interested, please contact me. I don't know where to price it just yet but I'll research that via my Z1 contact in Germany.

The catch: it is located in Dallas, Texas, but will be priced with shipping in mind. I have a corporate rate with Fedex and will gladly pass along the heavily discounted shipping charges to the buyer.
aurelius

Z1 roadster

Post by aurelius »

benslick

blank.gif

hi

Post by benslick »

How much will the shipping be to England?

I'll have a bid perhaps, looks in good condition...
Benslick
aurelius

Z1 roadster

Re: hi

Post by aurelius »

benslick wrote:How much will the shipping be to England?

I'll have a bid perhaps, looks in good condition...
Looks like US Postal Service may be least expensive. See http://ircalc.usps.gov/

Figure about 35 lbs. I do not yet have a box in which to ship it but box size will need to be at least 40x16x6 (inches).
apollo

Z1 roadster

Post by apollo »

How comes you have cut off the front where it connects to the manifolds :head:

At least postage will be cheaper :lol:
My Z1 is too FAST and my Gallardo is too SLOW
aurelius

Z1 roadster

Post by aurelius »

apollo wrote:How comes you have cut off the front where it connects to the manifolds :head:

At least postage will be cheaper :lol:
I installed a Lorenz exhaust, which included a catalytic converter but maintained the original "down pipe" from the manifold. Anyone who buys this cat should keep their system in place until the cat arrives and you can see exactly where to connect it to your down pipe.
felix

Z1 roadster

Post by felix »

To save me crawling under my car how much was cut off?
apollo

Z1 roadster

Post by apollo »

felix wrote:To save me crawling under my car how much was cut off?
About 2 foot according to my mechanic ( :D ), including the flanges and flexible expansion bit and the lambda sensor hole
My Z1 is too FAST and my Gallardo is too SLOW
aurelius

Z1 roadster

Post by aurelius »

See photos and realoem.com diagram in my eBay listing, link to which is in one of my posts above. To use this cat, you'll simply be keeping your existing down pipe.