Who is going to Gaydon?

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
sfh3l

Z1 roadster

Who is going to Gaydon?

Post by sfh3l »

Guys,
It looks as if the weather is going to be tolerable for Sunday. So who is going to Gaydon then?
I shall be there on the Coupe Register stand in the old blue car, but I shall be wandering round all day and try to catch up with anyone I know.
Best regards,

Sam Lever.

Anyone who says money isn't everything hasn't found the right classic car yet.
Z1 - 3.0csl - 987 Boxster - Rolls 20 - '72 911T - 997 GTS
Black Sport Evo M3 & SG M3 CSL & Austin 7 Special - now someone else's pleasure
Blue 2800cs - now someone else's pain
Old cars - the original "Not for Profit" organisation
Independent Financial Adviser in Buckingham
My Financial Blog
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Hi Sam,
Would love 2 but im in Spain in the roasting hot weather wishing I had my Z with me, then again it would prob melt in this darn heat lol.

I’ll have to make do with the Daily poser’s car show in Puerto Banus :shock:
Last edited by BBZ149 on Fri 14 Aug, 2009 17:09, edited 1 time in total.
Open and close with German style and ingenuity!
andyhallas

Z1 roadster

Post by andyhallas »

Afraid not Sam.

Just got back from hols and although the Z has been serviced in my absence I have 2 starving cats to sort out on Sunday.

Have a good time.
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

I'll be there - z register display - at the front in the middle :D
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
TJS

Z1 roadster

Post by TJS »

Hi Sam,

50 / 50 chance I may get to Gaydon.

I am celebrating a "significant" birthday tomorrow evening with family and friends. I am not a huge drinker so hangovers kick in pretty easily.

A sweepstake on the number of Z1s at the event ? 2 maximum (if any)

Regards

TJS
richardz1

Z1 roadster

Post by richardz1 »

Hi, I will be there, not sure yet if I will take the Z1 as my wife's niece is staying with us and the Z1 only has room for two so might be in the daily driver.

Would I need to be booked in with the Z1 or can I just turn up and get in to the showground?

Richard
a1z1

Z1 roadster

Post by a1z1 »

Hi Sam,
Its a no from me.Our house has turned into an equine hospital.
one horse has a broken jaw and needs grass picking ,hay chopping and pins cleaning evry couple of hours. Two other horses are confined to there stables for another few weeks.
So have too stay local.

Regards

A1Z1
felix

Z1 roadster

Post by felix »

My car failed its MOT because of a non-working washer jet. No amount of soaking in vinegar, air pressure in both directions or poking with a bit of wire worked. :(
benslick

blank.gif

Next year

Post by benslick »

I wish!! Got to work...

We should all go next year, had a lot of fun last time we went...
Benslick
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

felix wrote:My car failed its MOT because of a non-working washer jet. No amount of soaking in vinegar, air pressure in both directions or poking with a bit of wire worked. :(
That’s just taking the biscuit, failing MOT because of such a silly problem. I’m so glad I have a friend with MOT station. A few years back I couldn’t get MOT as I did not have side repeaters, some are OK but some wouldn’t even entertain it.
felix

Z1 roadster

Post by felix »

To be fair I was a bit economical with the facts - it squeaked by last year as fluid barely hit the screen on one side and the tester warned me that it was a borderline pass. Fast-forward to now and only bubbles emerge.
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

felix wrote:To be fair I was a bit economical with the facts - it squeaked by last year as fluid barely hit the screen on one side and the tester warned me that it was a borderline pass. Fast-forward to now and only bubbles emerge.
I would have taken a fairy liquid bottle full of water and leant out of the car to squirted it onto the windscreen :D

Who needs washer jets on a Z1 anyway, we all seem to keep our cars immaculately clean!
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

BBZ149 wrote:
felix wrote:To be fair I was a bit economical with the facts - it squeaked by last year as fluid barely hit the screen on one side and the tester warned me that it was a borderline pass. Fast-forward to now and only bubbles emerge.
I would have taken a fairy liquid bottle full of water and leant out of the car to squirted it onto the windscreen :D

Who needs washer jets on a Z1 anyway, we all seem to keep our cars immaculately clean!
Cant stand those stupid things, last used them 2 yaears ago, the MOT tester doesnt even bother checking it as he knows I get in a mood if he makes a mess over my car.