Mrs Clarkson Z1

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
Jet

blank

Mrs Clarkson Z1

Post by Jet »

The 98 issue of BMW Car, 3 page article about Mrs Clarkson Fun Yellow Z1, an Ex Motor show car, with false Air Conditioning.
It states that only 2 of the fun yellow / lemon leather combinations were made, is this true?
It also says the bodyshell is made of high quality glassfibre? I know the Bonnet is glassfibre and maybe the bootlid, but did that ever extend to the complete shell?

It also states -
"if the battery goes flat and the doors are in the raised position with the hood up, its impossible to get inside and work the bonnet release to get the battery out and charge it up, at least I know where the battery is on my car, Jeremy des not have a clue on his Ferrari"
Im guessin they made that up, or was the battery ever positioned under the hood?

Some odd comments unless demo cars differred from the norm, but this car is K-Reg, 1992.

She also goes on to say -

"the Z3 is an ugly car, it looks like a bodybuilder, all pumped up and not much underneath, we all know bodybuilders have small willies"

Must have upset a few people back then :D
pierrez1

Z1 roadster

Post by pierrez1 »

Jamal,

Most magazines don't know what they are talking about.
There are about 30 cars in yellow/yellow and the battery was never positioned under the hood. :P

I will not comment on the Z3, luckily I have an ///M Roadster and not a Z3 :D
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Considering it was Jeremy Clarkson himself who bought the car for his wife, and the fact this is a dedicated BMW magazine, I find it hard to believe they can get it so wrong, was it Mrs Clarkson or the Magazine`s fault?
trigg35

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by trigg35 »

dont think top gear / clarkson is a big fan of the z3.
for christmas my sister gave me the top gear annual.she said"just dont look at page 46".of course i went straight to page 46/47.it reads world of dismal.top gear loves cars.but not all of them.here are some cars so profoundly dull and depressing,they make you want to pull out your own brain with a hot spoon.Along with the kia carens,hyundai accent and chrysler neon is the bmw z3 1.9.The 'sports car' that wasn't sporty.Or,since it resembled a CLOWNS SHOE,much of a car either.

thanks very much sis!!
a1z1

Z1 roadster

Post by a1z1 »

The October 1989 issue of Fast Lane featured a Hartge Z1 they said "The hood mechanism is electrically powered and is among the best available anywhere"
Was electric hood an option?

It also says "Women are advised to wear trousers in a Z1"

Makes you wonder about what you read!

Ivor

Z1 roadster

Post by pierrez1 »

a1z1 wrote:The October 1989 issue of Fast Lane featured a Hartge Z1 they said "The hood mechanism is electrically powered and is among the best available anywhere"
Was electric hood an option?

It also says "Women are advised to wear trousers in a Z1"

Makes you wonder about what you read!

Ivor

Like I told, the magazines often don't now what they are talking about :D

Why should woman wear trousers in a Z1 :colourful:
Last edited by pierrez1 on Sun 14 Feb, 2010 17:40, edited 2 times in total.
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Just like the newspapers, never take what they say as 100% fact!
Open and close with German style and ingenuity!
ChrisS

Z1 roadster

Post by ChrisS »

I don't think Mrs Clarkson owns the car any more. I understand it is the one that has been on almost permanent display at North Oxford BMW for a couple of years and that it now belongs to one of the staff. It looks as if it has had some TLC in the past few months; in fact it's almost as good as mine!
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

ChrisS wrote:I don't think Mrs Clarkson owns the car any more. I understand it is the one that has been on almost permanent display at North Oxford BMW for a couple of years and that it now belongs to one of the staff. It looks as if it has had some TLC in the past few months; in fact it's almost as good as mine!
Prove it, let's see some pictures. :wink:
sfh3l

Z1 roadster

Post by sfh3l »

Jet - you know my opinion of Mr Clarkson!

The car was still in the North Oxford BMW showroom when I was there for some warranty work on the CSL in the autumn. Its quite nice, but not a minter by any means. I know we're all biased, but I reckon mine is better and there are much better cars out there - Like TJS's and many more on this forum.

Mrs C's car is on one of the Clarkson videos ('Top 100 cars' I think) and he focuses on how you can see women's underwear when they get into it and says it's slow. So there you have it, one of th emost tecnically advanced cars of its time and that's all the idiot has to say about it - nuff said!

See you in Wales mate.
Best regards,

Sam Lever.

Anyone who says money isn't everything hasn't found the right classic car yet.
Z1 - 3.0csl - 987 Boxster - Rolls 20 - '72 911T - 997 GTS
Black Sport Evo M3 & SG M3 CSL & Austin 7 Special - now someone else's pleasure
Blue 2800cs - now someone else's pain
Old cars - the original "Not for Profit" organisation
Independent Financial Adviser in Buckingham
My Financial Blog
benslick

blank.gif

Post by benslick »

Well said!!
Benslick