Z1 roadster

covered seats

Post by apollo »

My Z1 is too FAST and my Gallardo is too SLOW
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Re: covered seats

Post by BBZ149 »

Open and close with German style and ingenuity!
Lord Taki

Z1 roadster

Post by Lord Taki »

hum
imho this is veru ugly :( and it's a schnitzer!
Holland Harry

Z1 roadster

Post by Holland Harry »

I have seen this car in the flesh! The driver was wearing gloves al the time for his steeringwheel. The seats look as ugly in the pic as in really life. :shake:
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Holland Harry wrote:I have seen this car in the flesh! The driver was wearing gloves al the time for his steeringwheel. The seats look as ugly in the pic as in really life. :shake:
Let me guess, I bet they were brown leather gloves made from leftover leather :D
Holland Harry

Z1 roadster

Post by Holland Harry »

BBZ149 wrote:
Holland Harry wrote:I have seen this car in the flesh! The driver was wearing gloves al the time for his steeringwheel. The seats look as ugly in the pic as in really life. :shake:
Let me guess, I bet they were brown leather gloves made from leftover leather :D
Well they at least looked like that Mr T! You know the guy? :D :D :D
pierrez1

Z1 roadster

Post by pierrez1 »

Yack, proof how difficult it is to refurbish the original seats :bawl:
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

pierrez1 wrote:Yack, proof how difficult it is to refurbish the original seats :bawl:
Pierre, did you require a sick bucket LMFAO
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Holland Harry wrote:
BBZ149 wrote:
Well they at least looked like that Mr T! You know the guy? :D :D :D
No HH, but somebody should say not to bother wearing gloves, as there's cow dung all over the wheel already :D
Pat Slade

Z1 roadster

Post by Pat Slade »

I hate to say it but this sort of thing is distinctly German taste. Just like some of the Merc colours and strange trim combos. of a while back.
Yuk!

Pat
benslick

blank.gif

shame

Post by benslick »

OMG! :D You would have to be colour blind to drive around in that Z1..
He should give a 5,000 Euro discount for the bad taste!

How can the German people build such amazing cars yet have such bad taste in clothes and colour combinations!! :D
Benslick
benslick

blank.gif

Harry

Post by benslick »

Harry,

Why did you not ask him if he was mad or were you to busy laughing at him? :D :D
Benslick
Holland Harry

Z1 roadster

Re: Harry

Post by Holland Harry »

benslick wrote:Harry,

Why did you not ask him if he was mad or were you to busy laughing at him? :D :D
He just wasn't fast enough with his 2.7l to see me laughing! You know I am married to a german girl so I am already used to the sometimes questionable taste of the Germans. :D :D :D And NO Jet, Mr T, and Benslick an all you other madmans "No joke that it's clear Germans have bad taste, that's why my wife choice me!!! :twisted: That would be to obvious mates. :squeeze:
apollo

Z1 roadster

Post by apollo »

pierrez1

Z1 roadster

Post by pierrez1 »

I lost my appetite :bawl:
senna

Z1 roadster

Post by senna »

It is very difficult to cover Z1 seats. (regardless of how awful the colours chosen by our fellow Z1 owners are, although I assume most were done buy the dealers selling the cars with bad seats)

When I changed my old ones (which were subsequently used for cavity wall insulation) they appeared to be injection foam moulded.
The covers are made followed by foam injection, that is how they get the ripple effect at the base of the seats to allow for the reclining movement.

Covering the seats will always be a less optimal solution. The covers will slacken or become loose with time.

I have also seen replacement covers stuck over the original leather or cloth. This just leads to the cloth pattern of crosses coming through onto the leather covers or a ripple effect.

Best bet is to buy a new set of seats (ala Ben/Harry). They are not that expensive considering the original ones are now 20 years old and if kept dry will last for 100000 km before showing signs of wear.
Engine Transplants by Night, Heart Transplants by Day. "you own the best Z1 in the world"
apollo

Z1 roadster

Post by apollo »

Senna it maybe the better option but i know from experience that a set of seats that Ben had to returned because inside the boxes were mice droppings.

Get your seats now before those mice do!!!!!!!!!!! :head: