England

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
steveH

blank.gif

Post by steveH »

Canman wrote:the best thing now for England is a fresh start, capello sailed through qualification and we played as a team. when the real games started we had no answer to even the worlds poorest sides. we need to move on from capello and go back to an english manager who understands the english way and the publics expectation and most of all what brings the best out of our boys. cos today we were individuals, not a team, i watch argentina tonight and when tevez scored he ran straight to maradona. did gerrard , defoe or upson run to capello ? sadly not.
so new manager , new fresh blood ie adam johnson and a new start .
i hope they give harry rednap a chance , but after today anyone will do .
rant over . im gutted. :cry: :cry:
I have said this since first game but Capello should go manage Italy or france..if they'd have him.
Get Engilsh management / coaching team together with immediate effect otherwise the likes of Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Cole etc etc will not show their true status on the big stage.
As for our defence then other than Johnson all places are vacant untill Terry sorts his ego.
Rant over and out
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

OXO wrote:5-1
Almost
Pingu
321bhp

Not specified

Post by 321bhp »

what a load of rubbish,all that talk about rooney would be our saviour before the world cup,i didnt see any action from him at all,i think he should have stayed at home,im no expert on football,and dont really follow the premier league,but all that money those players are worth and they couldnt even beat america,to tell the truth,me and my mate were stamping on our england shirts at the end of the match last nite,no excuses from the players they were pretty bad,and the next world cup,we should just stay at home,i really hope we dont qualify in 2014 it will save all the dissapointment later on
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

Do What Wales, Scotland and ireland Done!!!

Fail To Qualify!

You only look plonkers, by the home nations!
Not the rest of the World..

ENGLAND :oops:
benslick

blank.gif

England team

Post by benslick »

What is the difference between a tea bag and the England football team????????????????????

A tea bag stays in the cup for longer..

As for Rooney, what a pile of sh1t not one single goal. The England team have too much money and there big ego's disguise the fact that there not that good. people and the media build up the England team as it's one of the worlds big teams. But the truth is that they are not and have not been for some time indeed. This bunch of rabble were not even half the team of the 1990 team let alone 1966 team.

My silly dream/ distraction is over, it's back to the real world for me...
Benslick
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Hmm

Post by Hard Top »

Holland Harry wrote:
benslick wrote:We also have big problems!! Like were rubbish!
Problems? :puzzle:
We done have problems, I think it is going good. Two wins and already sure to be in to be in the next rond. 8-) Although they played bad football until now. Hup Holland Hup, show us some nice football.
Well, from now on I will obviously be following the Dutch team's progress in this World Cup.
Its party time over here, the pubs are buzzing.
Brazil and Chile will meet at Ellis Park in Johannesburg tonight to see who will play the Netherlands in the last-eight.
All I can say is,

Hup Holland Hup. :D

HT
HT

Titan's apprentice. :D
Titan wrote:Occupations ?
Official Devil's Advocate :devil:
Leg Puller
Micky Taker
http://www.lde.nu/index.htm
SCORPION
Z Register member

Z1 roadster

Post by SCORPION »

I don't watch football, I don't like football and I don't know why I read this thread.
Today I heard the excuse for losing was that the team were tired. Last week they were bored because there was nothing to do at the hotel !! How many players play a full game every match ? Surely they can manage 90 minutes on the pitch once or twice a week.
If they are tired then go to bed instead of clubbing it or shopping. There isn't even a time difference in South Africa.
I'm sorry but footballers seem to be a bunch of wimps who can't even think of a good excuse never mind the true reason for losing.
BristolZ3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by BristolZ3 »

I think the problem is that we are just not very good. The premiership is high quality because of all of the money spent on teams and foreign players, sometimes the glory rubs off on our own players a bit. Deep down in the cold light of day they all looked very ordinary, spirit, ball skills, passing, all of it rather second rate.

Except David james who deserves a medal
Geoff H

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Geoff H »

cnharris wrote:I don't watch football, I don't like football and I don't know why I read this thread.
Today I heard the excuse for losing was that the team were tired. Last week they were bored because there was nothing to do at the hotel !! How many players play a full game every match ? Surely they can manage 90 minutes on the pitch once or twice a week.
If they are tired then go to bed instead of clubbing it or shopping. There isn't even a time difference in South Africa.
I'm sorry but footballers seem to be a bunch of wimps who can't even think of a good excuse never mind the true reason for losing.
A very good post ....I totally agree, but my views of the players would be a bit more harsher. The nearest I got to football was that Dizzee Rascal was wearing a White England shirt in his performance at Glastonbury
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

I dont think its that simple, there is more than meets the eye, my view is, after a successful qualifying campaign, the general consensus was we are good enough to compete and (maybe) win, 9 wins out of 10, confidence was high, playing good passing quick footie, scored the most goals in qualifying after the fiasco of Euro 2008, and Fabio is a Don, no complaints.
Argentina in contrast, very poor in qualifying, neverending stick and expected to fail, Maradonna criticised with a team that includes the current best footballer on the planet.

Now the roles are reversed, England are no good and Argentina are the team to beat.

Ignoring tirednes, England do have what it takes and they are good enough, individuals picked based on their club form, but they did not deliver on the night, the weight of expectation of a nation on their shoulders maybe, 44 years of failure maybe, they deserve the criticism no doubt, none of them replicated their club form. They got stage fright and no amount of money can cure that.
anbei

Z1 roadster

Re: England team

Post by anbei »

benslick wrote:What is the difference between a tea bag and the England football team????????????????????
A tea bag stays in the cup for longer..
The England team visited an orphanage in Cape Town today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope,” said Jamal, aged six.
kruisn

Z3 roadster 3.0i

English Soccer

Post by kruisn »

Charity Work

The England soccer team went to visit an orphanage in South Africa this
morning.
"It feels good to put a smile on the faces of people with no hope,
constantly struggling and facing the impossible" said Jamal Umboto,
aged 6.
:roflmao: :thumb:
Don't drink and drive home -
Take the Zd and fly home -
Daz2626

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Daz2626 »

Mike Bassett gets my vote
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Just read this on twitter (Ouch :twisted: )...

danwalkerbbc Most painful quote of #worldcup from #GER captain Lahm "We want to beat Argentina so we can finally say we've beaten a big team".
Pingu
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Hup Holland Hup

Post by Hard Top »

Would just like to congratulate the Dutch team for their win over Brazil. :cheers

BBC Radio 5 lives' Pat Nevin
"No argument whatsoever. The better team has won on the day."

But that was a very, on edge of the seat, squeaky bum match. :shock:

Its all gone totally mental over here now. :D

Match Stats

Netherlands / Brazil
Possession 42% - 58%
Attempts on target 6 - 7
Attempts off target 3 - 7
Corners 4 - 8
Fouls 17 - 20

HT
HT

Leg Puller
Micky Taker
benslick

blank.gif

I knew the Dutch would win

Post by benslick »

Well done Holland!!!!! Bye, bye Brazil!
Benslick
Holland Harry

Z1 roadster

Post by Holland Harry »

I must admit I didn't had the faith like Benslick did that the Dutch boys would win this. But never the less I am very happy that we finally beat Brazil for the first time since 1974. :bow :thumb: Now I hope we come to the final and play that game against Germany. :twisted:
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Holland Harry wrote:Image

I must admit I didn't had the faith like Benslick did that the Dutch boys would win this. But never the less I am very happy that we finally beat Brazil for the first time since 1974. :bow :thumb: Now I hope we come to the final and play that game against Germany. :twisted:

Whose side will your kids be supporting? Mums or dads? you have two, so you can have 1 supporter each :)

Well done on your victory, cant beleive Ghana lost last night, what a shame.
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

I never thought I would see Messi, Huguain and Tevez get destroyed at this world cup like they did today, Germany are just incredible.
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

BBC Radio 5 live's Graham Taylor
"This is the best German side I've seen. I saw them thrash Australia in their opening game and thought they can’t play any better.
But they destroyed England, they destroyed Argentina.
They are a real pleasure to watch.
They've got width and create space, movement, and great passing of the ball and control of it.
An excellent team performance."

Yep.

HT
HT

Leg Puller
Micky Taker
Holland Harry

Z1 roadster

Post by Holland Harry »

Jet wrote:
Holland Harry wrote:Image

Whose side will your kids be supporting? Mums or dads? you have two, so you can have 1 supporter each :)

Well done on your victory, cant beleive Ghana lost last night, what a shame.
Well brfore the game Argentina - Germany atleast the youngest one was supporting the Dutch. After seeing the German game he changed sides and is now with his older brother and his mother for Germany! :head:

Atleast I still support the Dutch. I say it once again the final will probebly Netherlands-Germany!
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

Received this from a German friend of mine, well, it made me laugh. :lol:

HT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6DeQywG-2k
HT

Leg Puller
Micky Taker
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

Posted: Mon 21 Jun, 2010 16:25
benslick wrote:Told you Holland was going to go far this time!
I really hope that you put some money on that prediction :wink:

HT
HT

Leg Puller
Micky Taker
benslick

blank.gif

Yup

Post by benslick »

I've made quite a little sum now thanks to Holland and won more today! Just praying they beat Spain or Germany!! I have also bet on Spain getting a cheeky win against the red hot Germans!!! Fingers crossed.. Lol
Benslick
felix

Z1 roadster

some England jokes

Post by felix »

David Blaine is reportedly furious after England crashed out of the World Cup – his record of doing absolutely nothing in a box for 42 days was broken by Wayne Rooney.

I’ve just won two tickets to see the England team. Do you want to come with me? We’ll catch the bus to Heathrow on Thursday and watch them come home.

I hear Oxo are making a new product. The packaging is white with a red cross and they're calling it the laughing stock.

What’s the difference between the England team and a tea bag? The tea bag stays in the cup longer.

Fabio Capello was wheeling his shopping trolley across the supermarket car park when he noticed an old lady struggling with her bags of shopping. He stopped and asked, “Can you manage dear?” To which the old lady replied: “No way. You got yourself into this mess. Don’t ask me to sort it out!”

What do you call an Englishman in the knockout stages of the World Cup? A referee.

Apparently that fan had no trouble slipping into the England dressing room – Robert Green was guarding the door.

What’s the difference between Wayne Rooney and Shrek? Shrek can save the day.

What’s the difference between a faulty jet engine and Wayne Rooney? The jet engine eventually stops whining.

I met a FAIRY today who granted me one wish. "I want to live forever", I said. "Sorry" said the fairy. "I'm not allowed to grant wishes like that" "Fine" I said. "I want to die when England win the world cup" "ooh you crafty bastard!" said the fairy
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: some England jokes

Post by Robert T »

felix wrote:I met a FAIRY today who granted me one wish. "I want to live forever", I said. "Sorry" said the fairy. "I'm not allowed to grant wishes like that" "Fine" I said. "I want to die when England win the world cup" "ooh you crafty bastard!" said the fairy
Very good. Still chuckling at that one. :roflmao:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
benslick

blank.gif

Post by benslick »

Just won money on the Spain V Germany game!! :D :oops:

Now my holiday to Holland is paid for, please dear lord make my dreams come true and let the house of Oranje win the cup! :D
Benslick
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Yup

Post by Hard Top »

benslick wrote:I have also bet on Spain getting a cheeky win against the red hot Germans!!! Fingers crossed.. Lol
:bow

HT
HT

Leg Puller
Micky Taker
benslick

blank.gif

English ref in world cup final

Post by benslick »

Just had a brilliant idea, an English ref (Howard Web) is managing the world cup final.
We will get him to disallow any Spanish goals if they score to give Holland the world cup on a silver platter and show what a load of bollocks FIFA are including Mr Blatter and to show how wrong the current non use of technology is.

no one can stop the game and Howard's dream will have come true having refed a final, not to metion an Englishman will have won the world cup again (for our friends) lol
:D

One man could change the face of football for ever!!!! England were poor but they were robbed of a legal goal and England were at the poor end of injustice which should be put right for all. an Englishman has the power to make a statement showing the world that justice must be
I wonder if I can find out where his family live!!! Hehehe

Ofcourse I'm joking but he if I could twist his arm, I would... :D
Benslick
pingu

M roadster S50

Re: English ref in world cup final

Post by pingu »

benslick wrote: but if I could twist his arm, I would... :D
Sorry, but Howard is a policeman and therefore incorruptable :twisted:
Pingu
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

Howard webb is also a Rotherham lad and were proud of him in this little Northern town. Hope he has a good game. Well done Howard. :thumb:

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

benslick wrote:please dear lord make my dreams come true and let the house of Oranje win the cup! :D
Oh well, that's that then. :(
Was a bit of an ugly final, no sexy football from the Dutch (quoting Ruud Gullit, from years ago)
Its all gone very flat over here now, but that is to be expected.
I think that a lot of Dutch restaurants will have Octopus on their menus next week. :lol:

HT
HT

Leg Puller
Micky Taker
benslick

blank.gif

Gutted

Post by benslick »

What a shame!!
Benslick
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Hard Top wrote:Its all gone very flat over here now
It was flat over there before ..... :shock:
Hard Top wrote: I think that a lot of Dutch restaurants will have Octopus on their menus next week. :lol:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Image :devil:
Daz2626

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Daz2626 »

14 Yellow cards and 1 red :shock:
Who says we Yorkshiremen aren't generous :devil:
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Daz2626 wrote:14 Yellow cards and 1 red :shock:
Who says we Yorkshiremen aren't generous :devil:
I thought it was funny that at one point more than half the Dutch team were on yellow cards :shock: .

I understand that the Dutch are complaining about the standard of refereeing - presumably this is because they wanted van Bommel and de Jong red-carded in the first half.
Pingu