June 25/26
36%
July 2/3
15%

Total votes: 33

Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

The majority are going to make an effort to do the 25th and for those that cant make it, Tricky has kindly offered to host a kneesup at his Winery to be arranged later, count me in for both.
Racing Tortoise
Z Register member

Z1 roadster

Post by Racing Tortoise »

Good. That's date fixed then. "Where" is then the next point of order!

I vote for Suffolk/Norfolk as previously suggested by someone....the coast's lovely in the summer (well it is if you ignore Yarmouth and Lowestoft...) as are the Broads, there are some great roads and lots of decent Adnams pubs. Is in the east so good for the Continentals and not too far south so good for those not dwelling in the home counties.

Obviously I am biased though...
Currently: bereft of Z1
Previously: 1991 Ur-grun Z1 and 1991 Traum-schwartz Z1
pierrez1

Z1 roadster

Post by pierrez1 »

Good to read that we have the date fixed now.

Harry and I now can inform or fellow travellers from across the channel.
We all can block our planner for that weekend :D

Like Teatray said: To avoid all the fuss it would be good to do some expectationmanagement as we call it. Please let us know when you are planning to let us now more details about the program! :rtm:

It will be very hard but I have high hopes that this tour even will be better then two years ago.

I hope all the organisers work together again to make it a real happening for us all. Harry and I will do the work form across the channel.
I can't wait, just can't wait........ :dunce:
Holland Harry

Z1 roadster

Post by Holland Harry »

Jetski wrote:The majority are going to make an effort to do the 25th and for those that cant make it, Tricky has kindly offered to host a kneesup at his Winery to be arranged later, count me in for both.
Dear Jamal,

Thanks for the long awaited confirmation! You make me, Pierre and a lot of Germans very happy. Pierre already said the rest so I will keep this short.

I still have one personal wish and I think I can speak for the majority of the Z1 members. Could it be possible that you try to make up with Benslick before the Tour so we can all enjoy this together? As far as I can see it you are both responsible for this getting out of hand! And that's also not the first time!!! :cry:

So boys kiss and make peace! :cheers

Regards from the low lands,

HH
ChrisS

Z1 roadster

Post by ChrisS »

I'd really like to meet up with some other Z1 drivers, so I'm keen to come along either in Suffolk or the Cotswolds.
Do I understand that the venue is now fixed for East Anglia? Sounds good!
I've voted for 25-26 June but could be flexible, with sufficient notice.

Chris
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

ChrisS wrote:I'd really like to meet up with some other Z1 drivers, so I'm keen to come along either in Suffolk or the Cotswolds.
Do I understand that the venue is now fixed for East Anglia? Sounds good!
I've voted for 25-26 June but could be flexible, with sufficient notice.

Chris
Hi Chris, be nice to meet you and wherever we end up it will be a fun weekend :D
Open and close with German style and ingenuity!
Bluebaur

Z1 roadster

Post by Bluebaur »

I will second Terry's comments and you can be assured that you will be made very welcome.
Hopefully late June should be really hot and there won't be a roof in sight!
Green Genie
Sponsor 2018

Z1 roadster

Post by Green Genie »

Hi Jet

Can you please add me to your list of attendees :D I will let you know whether there will be 1 or 2 of us in the car nearer the time.

Thanks GG
ChrisS

Z1 roadster

Post by ChrisS »

@ Bluebaur,
No need to wait for June to hide the roof. Thursday was fine for an open Z1 commute.
(The attachment is from a journey to work last October, or would be if I could make the file small enough!)
Last edited by ChrisS on Mon 14 Mar, 2011 00:33, edited 1 time in total.
DPW

Z1 roadster

Tour 2011

Post by DPW »

I will probably be able to make 25/26 June as I don't have any racing commitments that weekend. Can you keep me in the loop on venue and when we need to confirm attendance.

Many thanks,

Darren.
Ian M
Z Register member

Z1 roadster

z1 tour.

Post by Ian M »

Hi all,
If it's going to be the weekend of June the 25th you will have to put me down for a definite maybe, I won't know until a couple of days before hand as I might have to work over that weekend. It would be great meeting up with you all again so fingers crossed that I can make it. If I can't go I expect to see loads of photos uploaded.
Green Genie
Sponsor 2018

Z1 roadster

Post by Green Genie »

Jet you have a PM from me. Booking confirmed :D

GG
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Green Genie wrote:Jet you have a PM from me. Booking confirmed :D

GG
Morning G,

Your one step ahead, they insist I must return the contract before they will take any bookings, so everyone hold fire, I need to make sure you all understand the T&C before committing. these people are not as flexible like the Ettington were, they want to charge for everything, no group discount, extra charges for option menu and a room hire charge, and they will penalise you for any cancellations and non-refundable deposits, which the good people at Ettington didnt do.

Jetski
benslick

blank.gif

Jet

Post by benslick »

Hello,

Looking good, can't wait :D

Thanks Terry..
Last edited by benslick on Thu 10 Mar, 2011 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
Benslick
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Re: Jet

Post by BBZ149 »

benslick wrote:Hello,

Can someone fill me me in on what the plans are and where we are going and where we will be staying as I'm completely out of the loop...

Many thanks,
1st page of the thread has hotel info :)
benslick

blank.gif

Terry

Post by benslick »

Thanks Terry,

I never look at the the first page on an old thread, perhaps I should start!

Cheers again..
Benslick
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Re: Terry

Post by BBZ149 »

benslick wrote:Thanks Terry,

I never look at the the first page on an old thread, perhaps I should start!

Cheers again..
Yo Ben, I must admit, I never did either as I was looking for an update to the thread, but after speaking to Jamal he said he will update the start of the thread. Makes sense I supposed as otherwise you have to keep scrolling through the post :D
Jet

blank

Tour

Post by Jet »

Morning all,

Pls review the hotel details and confirm your room requirements asap. The contract must be accompanied by who wants what.

thanks

Jet
Bluebaur

Z1 roadster

Post by Bluebaur »

Hi Jet,

Just a confirmation of previous pm. Would like Lakeside View and will await your further instructions regarding payment etc.

Roger
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

PM sent
pierrez1

Z1 roadster

Post by pierrez1 »

Hi Jamal,
Collecting all the data, Harold or I will come back to you asap :lol:

greetings,

Pierre
benslick

blank.gif

Jet

Post by benslick »

Hi Jet,

I'm happy to have a double room without lake view..

I'll be looking at something else! :D
Benslick
felix

Z1 roadster

Post by felix »

Perhaps I'm being thick (wait, don't answer that) but are we staying at the hotel for one or two nights? Are there multiple starting points like 2 years ago? A little bit more info would be appreciated.
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

felix wrote:Perhaps I'm being thick (wait, don't answer that) but are we staying at the hotel for one or two nights? Are there multiple starting points like 2 years ago? A little bit more info would be appreciated.
Felix,

The same format as 2009, 1 night contractural stay. Meetings points will be arranged nearer the time, once routes are finalised.

Regards

Jetski
Bruno

Z1 roadster

Z1 Tour 2011

Post by Bruno »

Hi Guys,

This year, I would like to come with you on Z1 Tour but someone can confirm me if the experts of Z1 conversion "M3" will be there with their cars for sure...
I want to see every Z1, but I really need to talk to them and they could show their cars and making some tests (just as a passenger for me !! it's enough !!...).
Because I'd like to realise this Project !!
But currently I have a dream in my mind because I tryed a 135 i powered by DKG "7 speed gearbox" !! Oh my god It was amazing !!
If only we could fit in Z1 the same powertrain or gearbox, oh my god !!
But it's a really complex conversion and it's probably impossible !!
Because of some lot of problems with ECU (Engine) & TCU (Transmission), all of them work by CAN network !!
Bruno DIAS
+33 6 75 87 78 77
1brunodias@gmail.com
France - Cannes
Z1 - AL04113
Racing Tortoise
Z Register member

Z1 roadster

Post by Racing Tortoise »

I loved my 135i (although mine was a manual). It's only now that I no longer have it that I realise what an awesome engine it had.
Currently: bereft of Z1
Previously: 1991 Ur-grun Z1 and 1991 Traum-schwartz Z1
senna

Z1 roadster

Post by senna »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the e-mails but unfortunately I can not attend this year.

I have my exams the week after the tour. So while you guys will be having fun in the sun I will be stuck in my office revising :( :bawl:

So as much as I love Z1s I have to put work first this year (it pays the bills/CSA) :head:
Engine Transplants by Night, Heart Transplants by Day. "you own the best Z1 in the world"
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Morning all,

The Terms and Conditions has been pasted into the 1st post of this thread. If there are any objections, please let me know asap.

Once contracts are signed, then it is a simple matter of deposits and menu choices.

Remember, the charges are:

Room
Menu
Room hire

They have agreed to drop the £2.50 charge/person for increasing the menu options from 1 to 3.

Please advise the number of people attending

Regards

Jetski
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

After much trouble and strife, im in a good mood today, it finally feels like summer has arrived and I can go play without staring at the sky. Last week was frustrating, after a spot of maintenance, my radiator hood is making a racket when the fan kicks in, cant seem to tie it down properly, noticed tyres were low so crawled down to the petrol station to find it closed, the next one was not working, the 3rd one had a massive queue and £1 air charge :shock:
Just received my new toy in the post, a handy £15 12v Ring compressor, great little gadget, does cars, bikes, just about anything.

Mr T, it even does Air Beds :D

Starting to feel the tour now, cant wait, an oil and filter change may be required and general checkup, but looking good for the tour, cant wait.
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Jetski wrote:£1 air charge :shock:
Just received my new toy in the post, a handy £15 12v Ring compressor, great little gadget, does cars, bikes, just about anything. Mr T, it even does Air Beds :D
They taking the P@ss, a £1 to pump your tyres was that a petrol station owned by BMW :evil: You should have come round to mine as the misses is full of hot air that you could have had for nothing lol

Water bed much more fun :D

Did it also come with an adapter to fit one of these? :D :D

Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

BBZ149 wrote:
Jetski wrote:£1 air charge :shock:
Just received my new toy in the post, a handy £15 12v Ring compressor, great little gadget, does cars, bikes, just about anything. Mr T, it even does Air Beds :D
They taking the P@ss, a £1 to pump your tyres was that a petrol station owned by BMW :evil: You should have come round to mine as the misses is full of hot air that you could have had for nothing lol

Water bed much more fun :D

Did it also come with an adapter to fit one of these? :D :D
Im not sure, but your welcome to try it, just make sure you put it through your local decontamination chamber afterwards :)
Did you sort out the water issue with your engine?
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Jetski wrote:Im not sure, but your welcome to try it, just make sure you put it through your local decontamination chamber afterwards :)
Did you sort out the water issue with your engine?
LOL :D

Not sure if there is a problem as since I topped it up that time the level has not budged at all in a month of being used. I went over to where it's stored about 2 months ago and checked the level and it’s still not moved.
I’ll probably collect the car this week and change the oil and filter and see how it goes. I need to change the timing belt so it would be handy to know if there’s actually a gasket problem or not first.
benslick

blank.gif

Jet

Post by benslick »

Dear Jamahl,

Can you please put me down for a double room as I will be coming with a friend...

Many thanks...
Benslick
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Yo Jet, when can we book rooms :?: :?:
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

We have 25 rooms reserved, but 22 attendees, if the rooms are not allocated as contracted, then the cost will have to be split between us all, which I am trying to avoid, by finding more owners to sign up or renegotiating the contract. So if you know any Z1 owners who would like to come along, please get in touch with them and invite them along.

Ben, if you review the first post, you will see you have been included since the list was published.
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

No fault of yours Jamal and I appreciate we have to take what we can get, but Cotswolds Water Park seem like a bunch of Muppets :evil: Do they not want our business? 3 rooms’ lol I’m sure they can fill these rooms themselves, what’s their problem :head: did your charm not work this time round :D
TJS

Z1 roadster

Post by TJS »

Any information yet on starting locations, times and routes?

Unfortunately I will be unable to join you for the full weekend as I am currently working overseas and only get back to the UK every couple of weekends. To disappear for a weekend on a Z1 tour will result in a very expensive divorce .... (no pre nuptial agreement !)

If all goes to plan I will leave the Z1 at Heathrow and then, upon arrival, take the "long way home" on the saturday via the cotswolds.
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

TJS wrote:Any information yet on starting locations, times and routes?

Unfortunately I will be unable to join you for the full weekend as I am currently working overseas and only get back to the UK every couple of weekends. To disappear for a weekend on a Z1 tour will result in a very expensive divorce .... (no pre nuptial agreement !)

If all goes to plan I will leave the Z1 at Heathrow and then, upon arrival, take the "long way home" on the saturday via the cotswolds.
Tony,

No route yet,a few minor hiccups with our navigator, will post details once resolved and keep you informed.
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Jetski wrote:
TJS wrote:Any information yet on starting locations, times and routes?

Tony,

No route yet,a few minor hiccups with our navigator, will post details once resolved and keep you informed.
Cheers Jamal, you just reminded me of a movie I need to download for my son :D

Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Gents, on the verge of completing the contract, the delay is to ensure we are not penalised for no-shows. The hotel will charge for the menu, room and hall hire in the same bill as previously advised, they have agreed not to add a £2.50 surcharge for the increase in menu options. Aiming to get the contract signed this week, so we can start paying next week, will give you the go-ahead once all is in place.

Keeping you informed, so there are no surprises.

Jetski
felix

Z1 roadster

Post by felix »

Thanks the the update - I know you're a busy chap right about now so good on you for for managing to organise this as well. :thumb:
benslick

blank.gif

What's the plan of action?

Post by benslick »

Dear one and all,

We are getting closer to the tour date and I was wondering what the plan of action is? What time are we meeting on Saturday and where? After that I'm happy to follow the leader etc..

On Friday June 24rd Our continetal friends will already be in Brighton for much fun and games. I have a lovely day planned so If anyone wants to meet up with us, let me know..

Early Saturday morning we will make our way to the meeting point where ever that happens to be to meet up with anyone else...

Afer missing the Welsh tour it feels like an eternity since I met up with most of you so I am looking forward to seeing everyone very much..

Jet,

Whats all this contract rubish, do they want out business or not? You have the power as your giving them the business! I have sorted Seven hotel rooms in Brighton, in one of the coolest hotels for 2 nights for our European visiters with no payment up front and negotiated room upgrades for one and all at standard room prices including breakfeast on one of the busiest conference weekends of the year.. the Greek in me does love a haggle though.. Sweet girl to! Surly you can negotiate with them or find a more accomodating hotel that values our business... I would never agree to signing a contract for a hotel stay, that's nuts in this climate. If it was the lanesbough or the Savoy i'd understand... Your bringing them a heck of a lot of money!

Best whishes,

Ben

BT...
Benslick
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Right-O Ladies, Gentlemen and Mr T,

We have lift off, please give Rachel Piper a call on 01285 864000 to secure your respective rooms asap, REF: BMW Z1 and confirm with an acknowledgment on the forum once booked.

Apologies again for the delay, hopefully all is now sorted.

Peace

Jetski
TrickyZ1

Z1 roadster

Post by TrickyZ1 »

Jetski wrote:Right-O Ladies, Gentlemen and Mr T,

We have lift off, please give Rachel Piper a call on 01285 864000 to secure your respective rooms asap, REF: BMW Z1 and confirm with an acknowledgment on the forum once booked.

Peace

Jetski
Done :D
Image Image

Seduced by the zed side
a1z1

Z1 roadster

Post by a1z1 »

Peace

Jetski

And another paid up member :D :D
benslick

blank.gif

cool

Post by benslick »

Thanks Jamahl,

Any idea when and where we will be meeting up?
Benslick
Green Genie
Sponsor 2018

Z1 roadster

Post by Green Genie »

Peace

Jetski
Hi Jet I'm booked in. :D Thanks for organising.
Jet

blank

Re: cool

Post by Jet »

benslick wrote: Any idea when and where we will be meeting up?
Spokey is the tour guide, he is putting it all together as we speak, details to follow.
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Jetski wrote:Right-O Ladies, Gentlemen and Mr T
You forget I know you have no spare wheel in your boot Mr Jetski! :twisted: :D

Im booked, cheers Jamal :)
Bluebaur

Z1 roadster

Post by Bluebaur »

Booked and confirmed.

Thanks.