No I can't make it
33%

Total votes: 27

benslick

blank.gif

Z1 2011 Summer Meeting

Post by benslick »

Z1 2011 Summer Meeting

I have been waiting to find out when the annual Z1 UK tour will take place this year! Unfortunately we have not heard anything to date. As time is passing us by with no word, some Dutch and German Z1 drivers really fancy coming to the UK and meeting English Z1 drivers.

The only problem is they will need to think about booking tickets soon or they might not be able to come! Which means they can’t wait much longer to find out when the UK tour will be!
Taking this into account a few English Z1 drivers have decided to agree to meet up with them.
So this is just a heads up to anybody who may be interested in meeting up on the weekend of June 25th and 26th. 2011 as this is the only weekend the Europeans could come!

This does not have to be instead of the annual UK Z1 tour but additionally to it and is in no way in competition with it. As a matter of fact I personally would love to meet up more than once this year! However if it is decided that the Z1 UK tour is to be set on the same weekend we could just all join up together.

If that does not happen I want to make it very clear that anybody is welcome to meet up with us and meet our European cousins and their Z1s for a bit of summer fun.
Benslick
Holland Harry

Z1 roadster

Post by Holland Harry »

We will be in England at this time and will love to attend the meeting! With we I mean Pierre, Volker, Franz, four other Germans and myself! :D :D

Nice to see that someone is taking the lead in this matter. :thumb:
Northberg

Z1 roadster

Post by Northberg »

Hello together,

I'm new in here, but it could be that someone know about me. It is nearly one year ago that Michael (Stoertie) wrote a topic for me. I want to sell some Eibach Springs because I must buy 20 sets to get one for me. Thats why two guys from the UK could get one set of these for their car.

Now I have fitted the springs to my lovely blue Zett but he's under construction anymore. At the current he is in the hands from Franz. I'm a little bit frustrated in the power of the old M20 engine and made the decision that my car need an increase of power. So it will get an M20B30 engine for the start of the new season. (Including a new Diff, the exhaust from Franz, and his shortshifter... :D )

This is the reason that I talk sometimes with Franz. He told me that he will come to your meeting and he asked me if I'm interested too. I would like to come with the other germans but now it can only be a temporary convenant. I have scheduled a testdrive at Nardo (with some cars from my employer) at this time and I don't know if it is possible to postpone the testdrive. I hope next week I can say more... I'll try my best!

However, here I am... :D

Regards to all from Danny
benslick

blank.gif

Welcome

Post by benslick »

Northberg wrote:Hello together,

I'm new in here, but it could be that someone know about me. It is nearly one year ago that Michael (Stoertie) wrote a topic for me. I want to sell some Eibach Springs because I must buy 20 sets to get one for me. Thats why two guys from the UK could get one set of these for their car.

Now I have fitted the springs to my lovely blue Zett but he's under construction anymore. At the current he is in the hands from Franz. I'm a little bit frustrated in the power of the old M20 engine and made the decision that my car need an increase of power. So it will get an M20B30 engine for the start of the new season. (Including a new Diff, the exhaust from Franz, and his shortshifter... :D )

This is the reason that I talk sometimes with Franz. He told me that he will come to your meeting and he asked me if I'm interested too. I would like to come with the other germans but now it can only be a temporary convenant. I have scheduled a testdrive at Nardo (with some cars from my employer) at this time and I don't know if it is possible to postpone the testdrive. I hope next week I can say more... I'll try my best!

However, here I am... :D

Regards to all from Danny
Hello Danny,

You will be very welcome in England, you should come with Franz.. We will have a lot of fun.

Ben
Benslick
sfh3l

Z1 roadster

Post by sfh3l »

Ben,

I have been away from the forum for a while on account of work pressures, but this is all a bit conusing to me. I am definitiely down for Jet's Z1 Tour, so probably couldn't make yours. Is there a reason for picking the same date?
Best regards,

Sam Lever.

Anyone who says money isn't everything hasn't found the right classic car yet.
Z1 - 3.0csl - 987 Boxster - Rolls 20 - '72 911T - 997 GTS
Black Sport Evo M3 & SG M3 CSL & Austin 7 Special - now someone else's pleasure
Blue 2800cs - now someone else's pain
Old cars - the original "Not for Profit" organisation
Independent Financial Adviser in Buckingham
My Financial Blog
benslick

blank.gif

Post by benslick »

Hi Sam,

Maybe you miss understood my intentions! I want us all to go on The same tour if he can arrange it for the 25th 26th because that was the only weekend the Europeans could make it. I will only be organising another tour on the weekend of the 25th if Jamahl either chooses another date for his tour or if he continues not to announce the date of his tour! All we need is a date which I've asked for until I was blue in the face. He does not need to decide the destination or details, just the date so people can book the time off and the tickets.. Some people need to plan ahead.

If jet ignores are pleas we have no chioce but to arrange something.

Ben
Last edited by benslick on Fri 11 Feb, 2011 01:37, edited 1 time in total.
Benslick
sfh3l

Z1 roadster

Post by sfh3l »

OK, I think I understand.
Best regards,

Sam Lever.

Anyone who says money isn't everything hasn't found the right classic car yet.
Z1 - 3.0csl - 987 Boxster - Rolls 20 - '72 911T - 997 GTS
Black Sport Evo M3 & SG M3 CSL & Austin 7 Special - now someone else's pleasure
Blue 2800cs - now someone else's pain
Old cars - the original "Not for Profit" organisation
Independent Financial Adviser in Buckingham
My Financial Blog
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

4 different threads and your still b*tching, drawing unwanted attention from the mods and making it uncomfortable for others. You have some sort of issue with me, I get it, everyone gets it.

Now if you have any respect for the rest of your fellow forum members, you will give it a rest, its embarrassing.
benslick

blank.gif

Respect

Post by benslick »

Dear Jamahl,

I'm not the author of all four threads, you keep on making me out to be the villain. When your responses become respectful I'll happily listen. I'm not bitching at all, since our spat we have had no contact with one another and no communication with you about the tour dates. I dont want to give up Z meetings because of this.
Since you kindly took control we need to communicate about it.

At the end of the day I got my knickers in a twist after being insulted.
I got annoyed as you did with me. I feel we both acted foolishly.
For my part I want to apologise to you as I should never have let this happen and been a bigger man. I did not bring this up again and wanted to move on.

I have always wanted us to do the tour together but had no word from you.
Apart from apologising publically i dont know what more i can do.
Let this be an end to it.
Benslick
benslick

blank.gif

Post by benslick »

Thankfully now the tour is set for 25th 26th of July all parties can join together.....
Benslick
Holland Harry

Z1 roadster

Post by Holland Harry »

Jetski wrote:4 different threads and your still b*tching, drawing unwanted attention from the mods and making it uncomfortable for others. You have some sort of issue with me, I get it, everyone gets it.

Now if you have any respect for the rest of your fellow forum members, you will give it a rest, its embarrassing.
:shake: That's not making up with each other!

That's a shame mate. I had hopes you would do better after our long telephone conversation from Thursday. This is not the way for us all to go on a Tour. :oops:

Two were fighting and two were wrong!
felix

Z1 roadster

Post by felix »

benslick wrote:Thankfully now the tour is set for 25th 26th of July all parties can join together.....
Umm, June or July?
pierrez1

Z1 roadster

Post by pierrez1 »

JUNE :D
benslick

blank.gif

Post by benslick »

Sorry typo! June!
Benslick
horke

Z1 Alpina Roadster

Post by horke »

My ceterum censeo :

http://www.z1-at-austria-2011.de/
http://www.z1-badgriesbach.de/

The Bad Griesbach Tour is alway on the last Weekend of June - even if the website currently shows the dates for 2010.

It would really nice to do a tour in Great Britain - but I don't know why there will be 3 international Z1-Meetings in about the same timeframe.
Holland Harry

Z1 roadster

Post by Holland Harry »

horke wrote:My ceterum censeo :

http://www.z1-at-austria-2011.de/
http://www.z1-badgriesbach.de/

The Bad Griesbach Tour is alway on the last Weekend of June - even if the website currently shows the dates for 2010.

It would really nice to do a tour in Great Britain - but I don't know why there will be 3 international Z1-Meetings in about the same timeframe.
I know there are three tours at the same time. But Bad Griesbach and the Beerli Tour are to far for me. A tour in England is from the distance much better for the Dutch. But even Franz Schaffer will join in again although the other tours are much closer to where he live.

Driven on the wrong side of the road gives the extra touch to the tour! Bad Griesbach can't beat that! :twisted:

Hope everything is well with you Bernhard?

Regards,

Harold
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Holland Harry wrote:Driven on the wrong side of the road gives the extra touch to the tour! Bad Griesbach can't beat that! :twisted:
Harold
But HH, somebody told me you’re always driving on the wrong side of the road regardless of country :D :D
Open and close with German style and ingenuity!
horke

Z1 Alpina Roadster

Post by horke »

Holland Harry wrote: I know there are three tours at the same time. But Bad Griesbach and the Beerli Tour are to far for me.
So ... then do only tours in the Netherlands - and hope that other's don't think the same way as you :head:

No - seriously ... I would recommend a better "planning" for tour-dates. The last time I checked the forum the Date of End-June wasn't everybodies favour. Now a lot people voted for it (were they been convinced ... ?).

If you choose dates which makes it hard for others to join the tour you will never attract people to do "far" tours ... In the End nobody wins ...

BTW ... I will do a tour in the Rhoen at the End of July ... and at the moment there's no other Z1-Event at this weekend :wink:
Holland Harry

Z1 roadster

Post by Holland Harry »

BBZ149 wrote:
Holland Harry wrote:Driven on the wrong side of the road gives the extra touch to the tour! Bad Griesbach can't beat that! :twisted:
Harold
But HH, somebody told me you’re always driving on the wrong side of the road regardless of country :D :D
Don't blow my secret mate!!! :twisted:
Holland Harry

Z1 roadster

Post by Holland Harry »

horke wrote:
Holland Harry wrote: I know there are three tours at the same time. But Bad Griesbach and the Beerli Tour are to far for me.
So ... then do only tours in the Netherlands - and hope that other's don't think the same way as you :head:

No - seriously ... I would recommend a better "planning" for tour-dates. The last time I checked the forum the Date of End-June wasn't everybodies favour. Now a lot people voted for it (were they been convinced ... ?).

If you choose dates which makes it hard for others to join the tour you will never attract people to do "far" tours ... In the End nobody wins ...

BTW ... I will do a tour in the Rhoen at the End of July ... and at the moment there's no other Z1-Event at this weekend :wink:
I never attended the Bad Griesbach Tour and do not intend to do so. Sauerland Tours and the Tour at your place are far enough for me when it's just a weekend tour. The only acception I make is when Franz is organizing an Tour the Alps which I will attend this year again! But that Tour is 4 days. That makes a difference to my!

But there are already 7 germans coming along on the Brit Tour although all of them already knew that Bad Griesbach was at the same time! It was the Germans who preferred this date because of the holliday (froh leichnahm) and that's why there was a revote by telephone which was done by Jetski/Jamal. It seems that they wanted something else for a change and got it.

I believe Europe is big enough for three Tours at the same date. Beerli's Tour is a week long, Bad Griesbach is the Tour for the Germans and is just a weekend! The Brit Tour is for everybody else in Northen Europe who likes something different and doesn't want to drive over 1000 km to attend a Tour which is only a weekend. But even Franz Schaffer is coming to the Brit tour although Bad Griesbach is just a two hour drive for him!! :shock: :zmurf:

At the end it's all about making choices Bernhard! Which one will you attend? :D :D :D

In Bad Griesbach there will be atleast 70 cars attending and when all goes well there will be some 30 - 40 cars on the Brit Tour! So enough people to make both Tours a succes! :thumb: